[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Notice  (Read 3342 times)

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
Notice
« on: December 15, 2006, 07:22:50 AM »
We've spent all the time that we're going to spend on this nonsense. This forum is going back to bible study, theology and eschatology discussion. And Frankly, I'd rather see no posts at all here than to have people wade through the continuing rants. I think I've made it clear. If you don't appreciate the forum, you are free to leave. No more needs to be said on it.

Chris

• I'm a llama!
Re: Notice
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 08:12:31 AM »
I'm glad that you finally stepped up. The new people had changed the tenor of the forum. I don't come here to read people fighting and complaining, but to learn. Thanks!

John

• Gold Member
  • A man with God is always in the majority-John Knox
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 08:59:15 PM »
This forum is going back to bible study, theology and eschatology discussion...

... glad to hear it. Careless use of Scripture, off-topic replies and petty one-liners, back and forth accusations, unteachable spirits, and the disregard for the truth is the way of too many Bible forums, the majority of churches, and the life practice of many so-called Christians. Don't bring the way of the world with you into this forum.

In my opinion:

If your post is not furthering the understanding of Scripture - it is not relevant, hit the delete key and go study some more.
 If your post is off-topic to the thread, then don't post -- don't sabotage or undermine meaningful discussion.
 If your post is dishonestly handling Scripture, is not addressing the Scriptural points others have made, then don't post until you can. Be honest with yourself.
 If your post is the warmed-over rehashing of a repeatedly debunked 'pet' theory. Then you are thief in the marketplace. Don't defraud others by selling lies here.

john

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!

samhn

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 02:55:46 AM »
Yes, I am glad to hear that too.

We have to learn how to put off our shoes first to learn the truth. Popular theology in the market place has no place on the holy ground in front of the burning bush. Learning the truth hurts because our pride is enmity against it and very costly because it costs the life of Christ. Cheap sentiments only can buy cheap grace, or rather cheap grace only sells cheap sentiments.

Ex 3:5  And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.
Ro 8:7  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the
     law of God, neither indeed can be.
Pr 12:17  He that speaketh truth sheweth forth righteousness: but a false witness deceit.
Pr 16:6  By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.

Let us crush our little ego into powder and blow them on the wind before entering the holy sanctuary to hear the word.

Thank you Tony, Reformer, Andreas, Erick, Bradley, Judy, John, just name a few

Sam

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]