[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: "The Secret" (video) - info  (Read 2465 times)

Michael Buskirk

"The Secret" (video) - info
« on: October 17, 2006, 12:04:57 PM »
Hoping this is the correct place to post such a question. My wife and I became aware of this video through business associates. We have not seen it but understand through a Christian friend that has seen and has taken notes from it that it is in the realm of "New Thought", "Mind Science", etc. A term used in the video s the "Law of Attraction". Our friend indicated that the video has such an impact visually that the verbal content seems to go unnoticed (almost subliminal but truly sinister). When our friend confronted several who had seen the video about it's verbal content (based on her "word for word" notes) their comment were all similar. That they did not remember any of the words that our friend had recorded. What is so frightening to us is that many associates that we felt some Christian kinship with are buying this stuff "hook line and sinker". I feel "the elect" would recognize this deception that's why it's so disheartening. Though this film is more blatantly humanistic/mystical than the "Jesus Camp" both are another example of Satanís tools. Please, I welcome any input on this subject.
mdb

Penne

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: "The Secret" (video) - info
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 06:40:41 AM »
Hi Michael,

I don't know the video you're referring to.  Is it a religious tape? 
Matthew 7:15-17
 "Beware  of false prophets, "which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
  Ye shall know them by their fruits.  "Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 
  Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrup tree bringeth forth evil fruit."

Penne

Michael Buskirk

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 08:38:20 AM »
Pene,
Thanks for your resonse and the scripture. As to this being a "religious video" I guest it depends on whether one is into new age thinking. I certainly would not classify it as such.
Thanks
mdb

Penne

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 09:19:36 AM »
I guess so. LOL

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]