[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Revivals - Should we pray for revival? Or are these a pursuit of Arminians?  (Read 2377 times)

praise

• Obviously I'm a Novice

I've come across some Christians who talk and pray for revivals, all the time, any thoughts? Scriptures?
Along the subject, any views on Charles Finney?

wanting to know, thanks

praise

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Lee,

I am seeing this issue better now, thanks.  One begins to feel like an 'inferior' or unloving Christian while participating in the revivalists' diaglogues.  Works, works and more works of the flesh as if we are never 'doing' enough for the Lord.  I heard of Finney a lot, but now I see.(It's getting worse really, because they are now asking people to pray for signs and miracles !!)

Living by faith, from the flesh standpoint, is indeed not 'easy', but that's the right and only way to live to please God.

Oh well,  just wanted to make sure that I'm not being a 'bad' Christian.  The one old saint that really caused me this confusion lately iwas D.Martyn lloyd-Jones, whom  and whose books I  loved and enjoyed all of these years.  I just now found out that during his later years,  he bought into Finney's stuff.  It just goes to show, I guess,  people change, doctrines change,  stepping aside from Scripture, all  is sinking ground.

Sorry I didn't offer any bible verses here.  Thanks

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]