[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Watchman Nee and Witness Lee  (Read 3628 times)

chosenindeed

Watchman Nee and Witness Lee
« on: October 07, 2006, 12:51:34 AM »
Hi!  I am new to this and have a question.  Does anyone know anything about Watchman Nee and Witness Lee and their alleged beliefs of Modalism and that they started a cult that exists today?  Just curious!  I got in a conversation tonight with someone who reads them and whose theology is heavily influenced by their beliefs.

Thanks for any info you might have.

Chosenindeed

h sanford

Re: Watchman Nee and Witness Lee
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 11:04:03 AM »
Good question.  The only experience I have had with people who read and study Nee and Lee are those consumed with the Pentacostal movement.  They were all Arminian and Dispensational in their theology also.  I read the Watchman Nee book years ago, and it was very confusing and hard to read (was a new Christian) and threw it away (not because it was confusing, but because I didn't agree with anything I did understand from his writing.)  Beyond this, I don't have anything to offer.  Hope though that someone else will reply with more knowledge.

praise

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 11:48:01 AM »
Beware folks ! One is entering dangerous zone here.
Depart from their books and ministries !!

The 'little flock' assemblies are extremely cultic and mystic!

-from personal expeience in reading both the material and  encountering brethren that got sucked into it.

chosenindeed

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 10:47:57 AM »
this was my thought as well.  As I read some of the material on-line I was extremely confused as well, not because the material was so deep, but because they said one thing and then turned around and said the exact opposite.  It is a whole lot of double talk, especially concerning the Trinity.  I had pretty much felt that they should be avoided, but also did not want to make an assumption until I had more information.  Now, i know more and will be more prepared to make a defense if that subject comes up again.  Thanks for the info and if you have any links I could research for more information, I would love to do some more research.

GoldRush

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 01:43:54 PM »
this was my thought as well.  As I read some of the material on-line I was extremely confused as well, not because the material was so deep, but because they said one thing and then turned around and said the exact opposite.  It is a whole lot of double talk, especially concerning the Trinity.  I had pretty much felt that they should be avoided, but also did not want to make an assumption until I had more information.  Now, i know more and will be more prepared to make a defense if that subject comes up again.  Thanks for the info and if you have any links I could research for more information, I would love to do some more research.

chosenindeed,

Here is a link that gives a brief synopsis about this cult:

http://www.watchman.org/cat95.htm#Local"

(If you click on "W" it is quicker than going through the entire alphabetical listing.)

J&R
GoldRush
". . Without Me, you can do nothing."
  John 15:5

rmwilliamsjr

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 12:44:17 PM »
i spend a lot of time online in discussion forums, although this is my first reply on this website. I've had a lot of run ins with the local church/little flock heresy. They are very vocal, esp around their pet issue tripartite man, they are very dangerous with their stand that only they are the restored true church. they are deceptive and will hide their affiliations and real ideas.

on most forums, like my homebase, they will automatically have their login names removed and all postings removed, in fact, there their websites are on the obscenity list and will post as [wash out my mouth]. if you suspect contact with them, ask then leave their sphere of influence, there is no redeeming reason for discussing things with them.

i've asked friends about their influence in China but with the church primarily underground i've never gotten a good answer.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]