[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: beards  (Read 7525 times)

daniel brown

Re:beards
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2003, 11:41:43 AM »

mike repass i think i see where your at on this,  that there is nothing we can do  to help ourselves, by keeping any of the old laws , not that they arnt good or just but that jesus did all the work for us..

thanks for your time, it wasnt waisted

daniel brown

Mike Repass

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2003, 01:38:23 PM »
Matt. 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

There are those still under the law, the law of sin and death. Until judgment day and a new heaven and new earth are created it will be this way. Hence, the law will not be fulfilled until then.

Romans 4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, [was] not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.   14 For if they which are of the law [be] heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:   15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, [there is] no transgression.  

Romans 8:1 [There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.   2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.   3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:   4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

We as children of God are under grace, the law of liberty.

Galatians 2:4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Galatians 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only [use] not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

James 2:12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

Let us not frustrate grace.

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness [come] by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

re4med

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2003, 09:04:18 PM »
Matt. 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

There are those still under the law, the law of sin and death. Until judgment day and a new heaven and new earth are created it will be this way. Hence, the law will not be fulfilled until then.

So what you telling me is that this law here mentioned in Matthew 5:18 is properly defined as "the law of sin and death"?  I just want to be sure I understand you correctly.

Mike Repass

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2003, 09:18:27 AM »
That is what I see.

If I err please show the error.

Paul

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2003, 05:55:53 PM »
leviticus 19v27 ye shall not round the corners of your heads neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard. why would god have this written in his book if he did not want us to obey it .why did he give us the ability to grow beards if it wasn't his intention for us to have them. why come we choose to take the ten commandments seriously but not his other laws like this one and unclean beasts.
(Gen 4:7)  If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

(Pro 3:5)  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Wonder

Re: beards
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2004, 11:59:13 AM »
I do believe in living by every word of God, not just the NT. I don't see that the Law was "abolihed", for if it was we would have no hope. The Law is what kills the flesh, it destorys the will of the flesh, its desires and in turn focuses God in. The Law is God's ways. I desire to know His ways so I do the Law as He gives me understanding of it. It is not an easy task and greatly harassed about it. But between me and God, I know He will teach me His ways and I can please Him by keeping His commands, statues etc.
Only by grace can we keep the Law. I don't get the grace vs. law doctrine. Grace abounds when the Laws are applied. As the flesh dies, the spirit is quickened. The flesh profits nothing, but the spirit does.
Every Law He reveals to me, brings new light to the spirit. I teach to keep the Law, and to do as He asks that we may all bind the flesh, that no flesh enter into the Kingdom. Only the Spirit will rule. The flesh must die, either by the Law or by the grave...we can choose life, just as He says.
I try to understand what people say about grace vs. law or the New covenant, but to me they don't make much sence. The Law is to be written upon our hearts instead of stone. The New Covenant is just that, He writes them on the heart of man. Nothing was ever wrong with the Law, it was our hearts that was bad.
My advice is to do what you see Him telling you. To keep His ways or Laws the best you can to the light He provides.
In His Love

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]