[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: cain  (Read 2553 times)

eric

• Obviously I'm a Novice
cain
« on: July 19, 2006, 03:12:12 PM »
hello, My question is was there people on the earth before adam and eve. because it seems to me that there was, if not then where did cain get a wife from. adam did not beget sons and daughters until after cain had already took a wife in the land of nod. so it could not have been a sister. please explain this apparent contradiction.

andreas

• Gold Member
  • Helpless, look to Thee for grace
Re: cain
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 01:01:37 AM »
<<<hello, My question is was there people on the earth before adam and eve. because it seems to me that there was, if not then where did cain get a wife from. adam did not beget sons and daughters until after cain had already took a wife in the land of nod. so it could not have been a sister. please explain this apparent contradiction.>>>

The Bible is very clear that all other people are descended from Adam

26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;  Acts 17.

Adam is called the first man.

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. 1 Cor. 15.

Eve was so named because she was the mother of all living.

20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living. Gen. 3.

Therefore there couldn’t possibly have been any other people on earth before Adam and Eve.We’re not told when Cain married , but we can say that Cain’s wife was either one of his sisters or another close relative.There was no law prohibiting this.

Abraham  married his half-sister,and this was a marriage blessed by God, and led to the Messiah.

12 And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.  Genesis 20. 

It wasn’t till the time of Moses that God forbade the Israelites from brother-sister marriage.

6 None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness: I am the LORD.
7 The nakedness of thy father, or the nakedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.
8 The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness.
9 The nakedness of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, whether she be born at home, or born abroad, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover.
10 The nakedness of thy son's daughter, or of thy daughter's daughter, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover: for theirs is thine own nakedness.
11 The nakedness of thy father's wife's daughter, begotten of thy father, she is thy sister, thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.
12 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's sister: she is thy father's near kinswoman.
13 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy mother's sister: for she is thy mother's near kinswoman.
14 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's brother, thou shalt not approach to his wife: she is thine aunt.
15 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy daughter in law: she is thy son's wife; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.
16 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy brother's wife: it is thy brother's nakedness.
17 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of a woman and her daughter, neither shalt thou take her son's daughter, or her daughter's daughter, to uncover her nakedness; for they are her near kinswomen: it is wickedness.
18 Neither shalt thou take a wife to her sister, to vex her, to uncover her nakedness, beside the other in her life time. Lev. 18.

Rest assured there were no other people before Adam and Eve.

andreas.

kai ean diabainhs di˘ udatos meta sou eimi kai potamoi ou sugklusousin se kai ean dielqhs dia puros ou mh katakauqhs flox ou katakausei Isaiah 43:2

Elect Lady

• Daughter of Zion!
Re: cain
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 04:19:14 PM »
hello, My question is was there people on the earth before adam and eve. because it seems to me that there was, if not then where did cain get a wife from. adam did not beget sons and daughters until after cain had already took a wife in the land of nod. so it could not have been a sister. please explain this apparent contradiction.

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the board, glad you are here!

Good question, I concur with sister Lee and brother Andreas :)

Many blessings,

Elect Lady

Our Lord Jesus Christ,  is the blessed and only Potente, the King of Kings, and Lord of lords...

Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom "no man" HATH SEEN, NOR CAN SEE:
to whom be honour and power everlasting. A'men. 1 Timothy 6:16

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]