[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Here is the Patience of the Saints  (Read 11594 times)

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
Re: Here is the Patience of the Saints
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2006, 01:00:39 PM »
>>>
Will you ever stop this nonsense. According to you, Martin Luther should have remained in the Church of Rome because (according to your theology) he should not separate himself from the covenant body which bears the name of Christ. How bad is that kind of thinking? I thank God that Martin Luther and all the Reformers had a relatively clear view of Christianity, and unlike you, understood the necessity to come out from among them. They departed that church because it rejected God's word and they were God's sheep who heard his voice that they could not be unequally yoked together with the Roman Catholic Church. Yet you call this wrong and imply that they should not leave a church that calls itself of Christ? How about Jim Jones church?
<<<

..and all God's people said, Amen!

James 4:17
  • "Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin."
There is sin, and then there is sin. And never the two shall meet!

>>>
All I had to do was to make my self available to serve, and now I serve in an imperfect, sinful church. 

You serve in an imperfect Church, but whom do you serve there?

Jos 24:15  And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
<<<

Choose indeed! Idolatry in the image of the beast, as the man of sin seated in the holy Temple. Or true worship in the image of Christ, as our advocate seated in the heavenlies. Shall we worship Christ in His eternal covenant home, or the Pseudo-Christ in the external covenant house. Will we be hurt in the abomination in the holy place, or dwell safe in the righteousness of the Lord's Holy Mountain.

Isaiah 11:9
  • "They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea."
The path is clear. Flee abomination to the Lord's holy mountain Retreat, wherein we shall find true peace and safety. For when those in the Church say peace and safety, then sudden destruction will come upon them.

nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2006, 03:57:01 PM »
Martin Luther did not flee from the church.  He wanted to reform her

Initially yes. His mistake. You can't wash off a pig, put a dress on it, and call it a virtuous woman. Unless you are God. But now I know who's filling your head with this stuff. I recognize the rhetoric. While Martin Luther was certainly excommunicated and driven out of the church, so will any of us who oppose the church's teachings. Just as when I spoke out against church disobedience I was lovingly invited to leave if I couldn't support their man made doctrines. Same thing. ...I was leaving anyway.

But what you do not get is that Martin Luther wasn't really excommunicated from God's church, but out of man's church that was merely using Christ's name. So your ideas are still wrong. While you would have counseled Martin to remain there and to stop causing trouble testifying to the Bible, because he needed the fellowship of this so called Church of Christ, what he should have done was left it and begun another group. But being human he held on to that Romish Harlot till the last. Yes he did. i.e., we all have feet of clay.

And you are telling us that this is the good example of what Christians should do. Remain in the Roman Catholic Church (or any false Church) until we are physically driven out? What kind of theology are you teaching? What gospel is this that tells us to remain in the Roman Catholic Church until we are thrown out? That is madness.

The point I was making was, Martin Luther finally came to understand the Romish Pope was playing God and the Roman Catholic Church was an abomination, a harlot, and not the Church of Christ who followed God's word. Maybe you should read some of his later writings instead of trying to make it appear like we should remain in false churches. Or is it that we should not remain what you are teaching this week? Or is it we should remain in them if we want to?

Pamela

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2006, 06:39:05 PM »
Sandy,

When I say we are unequally yoked together with unbelievers, what I mean is that we are unequally yoked in membership in the same covenatal body.  But, as you have pointed out that does not mean that we are to be yoked together with those who profess to be in Christ but continue to walk in sin.

It is one thing to be in a church that has people that claim to be believers, and another when you know someone is not a believer.

I believe what we are talking about here though, is staying in a church that is preaching false doctrine.  Of course the church is made up both of believers and unbelievers.  It always has.  Who are we to know who really is a child of God or not?

The body becomes weak, and beggarly, and susceptible to the attack from Satan when she is lacking necessary members to make her whole.

Yes, maybe in a faithful church yes, but in an unfaithful one?  It is already in trouble I believe.  Not because we leave it, but because they are not following the truth.  Otherwise I would agree with you. 

It's really too bad that your missionary friend could not have told you why you should not separate yourself from the covenant body which bears the name of Christ, perhaps now you will be able to share with her the bodies importance.

Yes, well basically, she is one who believes that we should absolutely stay in a church, for accountabilities sake.  Not for anything else I guess.  She does not agree with my church's doctrine either, but....I have already told everyone this.

I am not telling you to stay in a body where you feel you cannot serve our Lord.  But, again I cannot caution you in strong enough terms how important it is that you do not become an isolated Christian.

I thank you for being concerned for me Sandy.  Yes, I am concerned about being alone.  Not too much, but do wonder about my future.  Although, I do have this forum. :)

What will you do if you leave the body you are in?  Have you given thought to where you will worship, and how you can be a servant?

That is all I have been thinking about Sandy.  I do believe that the Lord will bless me though, if I obey, amen?  I have NO idea where I will worship either.  So far, I haven't seen any faithful churches here.  There may be, but..??

How can I be a servant?  By doing what I am doing right now.  I am ministering to my family...first.  My children's friends, ect.  In my church, the only thing I could do was serve...as in physical duties.  I do assist in Sunday School.  I will not teach, seeing that my pastor said that if we believe in Predest, we would not be allowed to.    So bsically, if I follow their rules, what kind of fruit will I see?

These communities are great for our own edification, and seeking the Scriptures for our own knowledge, but they cannot give human touch the body of Christ vitally craves.

Yes, I understand.  I really do need fellowship.  Although, where I am now, there is no FELLOW-ship.  Maybe friendship, but not fellowship. 

Without human interaction we spiritually starve.

The only people that I have seen eye to eye with so far, are two in my town.  Others I have known via internet.  And, those friends do not go to my church.  So there we go again.  But I do agree, that a friend in the Lord is a treasure.  :)

Yesterday our church layed to rest the body of one of our senior members.

Sorry about this friend. Yes, I do understand how important it is to be in a family in Christ, but I still don't think this is in question.  I think it is all about being in the WRONG churches.  Not being in a faithful church.  I would LOVE to have a faithful church.

I left the church for awhile because I too thought that all churches were now without Light, and life.  I thought I could be sufficently fed by coming to these forums.  I kept searching the Bible, and again and again God revealed to me that it was not about me.  I was saved for a purpose, and it wasn't to feed only me.

I am sorry that you left.  There is a movement that says that the Holy Spirit is no longer in the church.  This I know, because my dad is part of it.  I do not agree with that though. 

I know it is not all about us.  There are many ways to serve the Lord, and feed others.  I have to remind myself about that though, before I do think of only feeding myself, amen?

I kept hearing its all about people, its all about serving, this is how we become salt and light in this world.  I could not find a way of serving anyone but myself in these forums, and realized that I was being selfish, and thinking only about what is best for me.  I had no peace, no joy until I went back to the covenant body bearing the name of Christ where I could serve in whatever way God directed.

We can be the light and salt of this world even outside a church.  Otherwise we are just serving other believers, or professed believers, right? 

In the church I am in, I don't feel useful.  I feel that I am just filling in a void, because I cannot serve freely.  Maybe I have an attitude?  Maybe I am just frustrated? 

Our members are all of one body, but I would be naive to think they are all the elect of God.  But even those who only profess outwardly find great comfort serving in our little covenant body.  I pray that God will show you His perfect will for your life, and that He will guide you to that body that bears His name where you too can find great comfort, peace, and overwhelming joy being the servant.

Sandy, I am so glad that you have found a faitful church.  Or is it?  You said imperfect and sinful?  ;)  I know..none are perfect, but they do need to be faithful, amen? 

Thank you Sandy, and I pray for God's will in your life too. 

Pam

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2006, 01:04:12 AM »
Which of these is the timing of "the" great tribulation?  Rev 9 begins with the fifth angel sounding, and these locusts coming out of the bottomless pit.  Then in vs. 13 we read that the sixth angel sounds.  It is after this sixth angel sounds that Satan ascends from the bottomless pit, overcomes the witnesses and kills them.  How can "the" great tribulation period begin in Rev 9 after the fifth angel sounds and the locusts come out of the pit, before Satan ascends and kills the witnesses ending their testimony?  And also begin in Rev 11 after the sixth angel sounds, and Satan ascends to kill the witnesses?  You have always said that "the" great tribulation will not start until Satan ascends from the pit, and kills the two witnesses, after the testimony is finished?       

[sigh]  I am not going to write a commentary here, not knowing why you have to skip chapter 10.  Here is what you can do:

1.) Review my chart again.

2.) Read the whole chapters of Revelation 9, 10 and 11.  Yes, chapter 10! 

After you read whole chapter 10, pay more attention to last few verses below:

Rev 10:9  And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
Rev 10:10  And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
Rev 10:11  And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings. 

The hint is that the book of revelation is not in choronicial (sp) order.  For example, Revelation 11 does not happen after Revelation 9. What God did to have John 'prophesy again' in Revelation 11 about same events in Revelation 9...behind the sense. In Revelation 11:3, we saw Two Witnesses received power at the Cross: 

Luk 10:17  And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.
Luk 10:18  And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
Luk 10:19  Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

The power of scorpions was restrained at the Cross.  The power of Satan will not hurt God's people because God bound Satan, right? This was when Two Witnesses receive power to start bring gospel to the world and save some people for the next 1,900 years. But what happened when God's people (Two Witnesses) have finished their testimony?

Rev 9:4  And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
Rev 9:5  And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
Rev 9:6  And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

Here we see scorpion again, this time permitted by God to harm people, just like they did before the cross!  This is WHEN fifth trumpet came in.  It is the army of locusts (false prophets with spirit of antichrist) with power of scorpion to torment people to ensure that they will not find salvation. Simple as that!

Just because the word, "Satan", "beast", or "devil" not mentioned under Fifth trumpet does not mean Satan have not yet ascended from bottomless pit until Revelation 9.  Come on!  The power of scorpions and Satan are related! The locusts were released before Satan could? It makes no biblical sense!

BTW, the sixth trumpet in Revelation 9, was not picture of Satan coming out of bottomless pit, but a picture of judgment that God poured over Babylon 'after' Satan and his power have been released which first brought churches into apostasy.  However, in Revelation 10, John was instructed by God to prophesy 'again' about the same events from the cross to the end. So what made you think the events in Revelation 11 only occur after events of Revelation 9th?

Peace,

Erik
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

bram

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2006, 07:03:04 AM »
And sincerity is not Love of God in God's eyes. In man's eyes, yes.
And that is what many people fail to understand. But if that were the case
Ghandi and mother Teresa would have been faithful Christians!
But people are so easily fused to humanistic feelings and to judging by what seems right in there own eyes, that they miss the point of the patience and faith of the saints completely!

Amen, Tony, this is what I run into time and again.

Prov. 3:5,6
Thrust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not on thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths.

The woman did not find the Lord Jesus in the grave, because He simply wasn't there anymore.
the fari-zees, did not find the Lord Jesus in the Law.
The heathen did not find Him in there worldly way of living.
the false teachers did not find Him in there sincerity!

Isaiah 7:9 If ye will not believe, surely ye shall not be established.

Gods zegen Bram
trust in de Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2017, 07:49:55 PM »
>>>
We exhibit the patience of the saints when we steadfastly proclaim the gospel of salvation, the GOOD NEWS, even to the point of death.
<<<

Great. You mean it's not being patient with false teachers? It's not patiently waiting in an abominable church? It's not saying "I disagree, but you make a good point" to those who would wrest and corrupt the word of God deceitfully? ...then I agree.

Luke 21:17-21
  • "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
  • But there shall not an hair of your head perish.
  • In your patience possess ye your souls.
  • And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
  • Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it Depart Out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto."

Oh my! There's that "don't stay there" but instead "Depart Out" of Judaea doctrine that Christ taught again. A doctrine that you obviously seem to hate so much. What is it that you say (contrary to Christ), that we should instead stay within Judaea for the sake of fellowship and forsake Christ's "depart out" of Judaea teaching? Is that what you think this means?

>>>
Before the Lord departed this world He left us with this command, “Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:” (Mt. 28:19)
<<<

Straw Man! What has that to do with the price of bananas?

Revelation 11:6-7
  • "These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
  • And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them."

Herein is the Patience of the saints. But I suppose their shutting heaven, and turning waters into blood, and smiting the earth with plagues, is deemed by church-ians as judgmental, lacking love, lacking compassion and putting emphasis on the faults of others?

Let's face facts, you lack the fundamental ability to receive the truth of God's word testified word for word. You're always looking for ways how it's not saying exactly what it says. Why are these Christians lying dead in the streets of Jerusalem when God commanded them to 'go baptize and make disciples of all nations?' Can you answer that in your scenario? Perhaps then you are talking in circles in the typical confused and disjointed voice that has typified all who contend with the testimony of scripture.

>>>
 There is no building of the Kingdom of God when our central message is “get out of the churches, they have all become the whore, and if you remain in them you will be condemned.”
<<<

WHEN they all have become as the harlot. The key word is when. But you seem to be saying, "how dare our Lord say such things?" And how dare the Apostles leave God's holy congregation of Israel to go to the church in the nations? It's because they trusted in God's word, not the word of their congregation Priests and religious leaders. Exactly who is it that says "come out of the whore, my people?" Is it man or is it God?

Revelation 18:2-4
  • "And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
  • For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
  • And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, MY PEOPLE, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues."

There goes that depart out doctrine being taught that you seem to hate so much. When you say "there is no building of the Kingdom of God when our central message is get out of the churches when they have all become the whore," of course there is no building, because their testimony is finished. Just as the Scripture declares. It is God who says if they remain in her they will be condemned and judged.” You seem to have lost touch with the law of obedience, and replaced it with your own law. i.e., you don't want us to testify to people what God says, you seem to want us to tell them man's philosophy of smooth things that will make their ears tingle with love. To say Peace, Peace in Babylon, when there is no peace there.

>>>
We may desire to love only Christians, and not church-ians, but as noble as that appears it is not possible.
<<<

Once, could be a mistake.Twice or three times, it could be carelessness. Continually, it's deceit and dishonesty. The "truth" is, you know perfectly well no one said that, but again typical of all those who contend unrighteously with the truth. False witness is all the unfaithful have to battle true witness. Even as it's always been...

Mark 14:56-59
  • "For many bare false witness against him, but their witness agreed not together.
  • And there arose certain, and bare false witness against him, saying,
  • We heard him say, I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.
  • But neither so did their witness agree together."

For the record of true witnesses, we don't desire to love only Christians, and it is for this reason that we testify of what God has written. That those who are not yet Christian might find hope and repentance. Typical of those who are Church-ians, rather than Christ-ians, you completely ignore the witness and contend with distortions instead. Whether of Roman Catholicism, Mormanism, or any other organization with people calling themselves the church and distorting and refusing to follow the truth of God's Word. This dishonesty may be hidden from man where he thinks it merely misguided, but "NEVER" from God.

2nd Corinthians 4:2-3
  • "But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
  • But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:"

Deceit and dishonesty is not misguided, and it certainly is not a virtue, contrary to the ideas of many of the church today.

>>>
 And then we demonstrate the patience of the saints, knowing that God alone will bring His elect into the Kingdom.
<<<

That is the "one truth" you've made. God alone will bring His elect into the Kingdom. He will call them out of the great harlot and prepare the way for them to enter that Kingdom. HERE is the patience and faith of the saints. Not in fellowship with idolatry and the lawless or sinful man seated o rule in the Temple. Not in church-ians bowing down to the image of the beast in submissive unity. But calling unto obedient to flee to the mountains when we see abomination stand in the Holy Place. You see, these faithful who flee don't have to join as church-ians to "feel" secure, they "are" the true eternal church that is eternally secure and can never fall. Those who remain, remain in a false security! Those who flee are truly secure. Sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise unto the day of redemption. Wherever they go, because they are the eternal church, not that building on the corner.

>>>
Our evangelism will again, and again appear to bear no fruit, and we will have a tendency to become discouraged.
<<<

With all due respect, are you deaf to the word? The two witnesses are killed. Do you understand what killed or [apokteino] means? God says their testimony is finished. I know you understand what finished or [teleo] means. It means it's done, over, completed, their work has been accomplished so that it's concluded. So it doesn't just "APPEAR" that these two witnesses bear no more fruit, they are killed and they bear no more fruit because their witness is finished. God says that, not I.  They have no more testimony because God said it was finished.  All Israel has been sealed (Revelation 7) and God is pouring out His plagues as He prophesied would happen only after all Israel is sealed. Get that part of the word of God straight first.

2nd Timothy 4:3-4
  • "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
  • And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."

The church today wants preachers teaching them what they want to hear, rather than what God's word actually says. And you are the perfect example of mankind wresting or twisting the word to conform to their own views.The Bible is not a fable or a work of fiction, it is serious business and not to be handled deceitfully. You can't just mold scripture to your own views and ignore the fact that the two witnesses ultimately are killed, their testimony finished. And this while the church is still on earth for the sake of your scenario. God says they are killed and you imply, no it may only appear they are killed or only appear that they can't testify? ..God Forbid.

They don't just appear to be killed, they are killed in Jerusalem. The witnesses of God don't just appear to be dead in the streets of the holy city with the church-ians who dwell there rejoicing, they are dead in the streets with the church-ians rejoicing. Why? Because there faithful witnesses tormented them with their testimony of truth. I'm sure many think I'm tormenting you. Nevertheless,  by the preponderance of God's Holy word, your whole scenario is fatally flawed. But you will never come to truth so long as you continue to deny the word dishonestly.

nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2017, 08:07:23 PM »

And your redundant point is?

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2017, 09:58:06 PM »
Quote from: George
And your redundant point is?

Oh George! I don't see anything wrong what Melanie did with “old posts.”  You complained but Tony Warren had no problem with that. I did not have problem with that either.  Out of all members here, you are the only one who complained about Melanie almost every time she resurrects old posts.  Stop it, George!  If you don't like what she is doing, I suggest that you shut up and leave Melanie alone. Why are you here anyway?  Just to complain about something instead of discuss bible study? Quit it.  Remember what happened to Fred?

Thank you!
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Dan

• Dan the Man
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2017, 09:31:26 AM »
This thread is harsh. That poor girl will probably never be the same again. You guys are brutal. How about a little tolerance?

Dan

• Dan the Man
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2017, 12:08:13 PM »
Sorry if this sounds harsh,

Are you really? Because it does sound harsh. It is harsh. You, Reformer and Tony were brutal to Sandy. I think you all owe her an apology. You can't castigate someone just because they hold a different opinion than you do.

I already gave you (and others) the Scirpture that answered your reptition questions. You just don't listen.

So now she just won't listen? Maybe she just won't listen to you Erik, but she will listen to the bible saying she should not forsake the assembling together. How about you? Are you listening to that verse? And what's wrong with Sandy asking repetitious questions? Aren't you hear to answer questions? Or have you forgot charity?

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2017, 02:08:49 PM »
Yeah that was mean. Funny that this thread is about the patience of the saints, and it is full of posts by people with no patience.  )Say_what(

Mitchell

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2017, 03:15:45 PM »
We exhibit the patience of the saints when we steadfastly proclaim the gospel of salvation, the GOOD NEWS, even to the point of death.

I like how Dr. R.C. Sproul put it.

https://www.ligonier.org/learn/devotionals/patience-in-trials/

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2017, 02:16:29 AM »
Sorry if this sounds harsh,

Are you really? Because it does sound harsh. It is harsh. You, Reformer and Tony were brutal to Sandy. I think you all owe her an apology. You can't castigate someone just because they hold a different opinion than you do.

What did they say that wasn't true?

ZeroCool

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2018, 08:35:32 PM »
Kira,

Allow me to rant. The biblical phrase the "Patience of the Saints" includes a great many things, all of which stem from the Spiritual root of the "true" Christian's endurance and faithfulness to the word in waiting upon the Lord. It does "NOT" teach or illustrate the Christian's penchant for being patient or longsuffering with false teachers, or pampering those who twist scripture, or coddling the deceitful. That would be a serious mischaracterization of this word in its context.

Thank you Tony. I had questions about this exact definition and your answer addressed my issues and answered my questions.  I had people telling me that I should be patient with those with other gospels and churches that are unbiblical. I understood that to mean that I shouldn't correct them or witness to them because that will only drive them away. My thinking was that they were already away, so how could I drive them away?

Anyway, I appreciate your  lesson on our patience being waiting upon the Lord, remaining faithful in times of trouble and trial, rather than simply tolerating sin among us. That makes much more sense.

Dan

• Dan the Man
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2018, 07:18:49 AM »
What did they say that wasn't true?

)Fighting( I would say a lot, but that's not even the point. The point is that they were all rude, mean, brutish and cruel. Especially Reformer. Like George said, funny that this thread is about the patience of the saints, and Reformer, Erik and Tony had none with her. Patience isn't about enduring, it's about tolerance, leniency and passivity.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]