[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Evolution of Man Vs The Bible and Science  (Read 35937 times)

Reformed2005

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: Evolution of Man Vs The Bible and Science
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2008, 12:07:55 PM »
I am NOT stating that evolution is fact.  I am stating that a TYPE of evolution (not Darwinian) is POSSIBLE!

Based upon this POSSIBILITY, I am wondering how it would square with our understanding of how sin & death entered the world.

I am looking for someone who has wrestled with this POSSIBILITY, and come to a Biblical conclusion that meets them together.

Even though I understand that man was made from dust, please note that it is possible for God to have created modern humanity from a previously existing being.  For, I hope we all understand, the first two chapters of Genesis are not NECESSARILY literal, but may well be metaphorically presenting the truth of God's creation in a way that Moses and his contemporaries could have understood.

That being the case, if modern humanity was made from a previously existing TYPE of man (but not homosapien), we would still have been made from the dust of the ground (it simply would have been made indirectly from the dust, instead of directly).

I am NOT questioning Biblical authority or Biblical truth...I am merely trying to understand how an alternate theory, which some Christians hold, connects with Orthodox Christian understanding.

Penne

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2008, 01:08:14 PM »

I am NOT questioning Biblical authority or Biblical truth...I am merely trying to understand how an alternate theory, which some Christians hold, connects with Orthodox Christian understanding.

It doesn’t matter how many Christians hold to that view.  God’s Word is not determined by popular consensus.  It matters ONLY what God says.  We know Adam was first, Eve second and then their children, this is how everyone else came to be.  Why would you believe anything else outside of the Bible?  God’s Word is the finally authority.  In your speculations you teeter on dangerous grounds.

So, my question on this would be as follows:

If sin & death entered the world through Adam, how and why did previous animals die?  I'm not understanding how this part of it would work.

That was a spiritual death which is why we must be born again to enter into heaven.

John 3:3
  "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:7
  "Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again."
1Peter 1:23
  "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever."

Reformed2005

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2008, 04:41:07 PM »
By this line of reasoning, would you state that anyone who is not a young earther is a heretic?  That would be ridiculous.

I am not claiming to KNOW the complete truth.  Nor should you.  Because the Bible states something in a certain way DOES NOT MEAN that it should be taken literally.  What of the Psalms?  Are they literal?  NO!!!!  Is all of Genesis 1 literal?  If a believer states that each day was not a 24-hour period, are they a heretic?

What is the problem with taking the increased knowledge we have through the study of humanity, and seeing how our theology applies to it?  I am NOT saying that the Bible needs to answer to science.  What I AM saying is that our theology needs to be open enough to account for things that modern science holds true...TO SOME EXTENT! 

If someone says that a 6-day creation, with the earth 6,000 years old, is the ONLY WAY to understand life on earth, I would laugh at this person.  Could this be true?  YES, OF COURSE!!!!  However, it might also not be true.  That does not make the Bible untrue...it only makes that person's INTERPRETATION of the Bible untrue!

Stepping on this ground is only dangerous if you have mere blind faith, and not a robust and firmly established faith in our great King, our wondrous and holy Triune God!

We should be able to ask these questions of each other, and also be able to answer these questions to others.  At the same time, we can also show reasons why some believe in a young earth (and, yes, I am aware of their reasons and arguments).

To be honest, young-earth, non-evolution science does not have enough evidence to sway me.  AT THE SAME TIME, old earth, non-Darwinian evolution science ALSO does not have enough evidence to sway me.  I don't know which is right, but I know enough about each to speak about them intelligently.

All I am asking is if anyone has worked out the possibility of non-Darwinian evolution, and how this applies to original sin, and the fall of creation through the fall of Adam.  Why is that dangerous?

Penne

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2008, 06:58:16 PM »

The way I see it we should never use any source other than the Bible to answer those kinds of questions.  I deal with only scriptural facts.  You’re on your own!

2Timothy 2:23
  "But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes."

judykanova

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2008, 01:36:32 AM »

What is the problem with taking the increased knowledge we have through the study of humanity, and seeing how our theology applies to it? I am NOT saying that the Bible needs to answer to science. What I AM saying is that our theology needs to be open enough to account for things that modern science holds true...TO SOME EXTENT!

You said "our theology needs to be open enough to account for things that modern science holds true ", and therein lies your error.  Ask yourself,... should the Bible support science, or does true science support the Bible? 

It doesn't surprise me that great scientists who have stood the test of time... men of the caliber of Einstein, held a belief system whereby God was supreme. They appeared to be motivated by a need to better understand (not disprove) the incomparable workmanship of God.

The only "evolution" that makes sense is one in which God's creatures are capable of adapting/coping with one's environment.  This is not the type of evolution whereby, by chance, each creature 'evolved' from essentially nothing into beings with extremely complex systems that work together in harmony with one another.  So called Darwinians gloss over that fact that Darwin, in later years, began to understand the complexity of even the smallest organism, and to question his theory.  I believe he would be appalled and ashamed at the great lengths to which men have taken his theories and treated them as though they were fact.

What do you most value, and where do you place your trust?   The 'things that modern science holds true", or the things of God? 

1Co 2
5  That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
6  Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
7  But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
8  Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
9  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10  But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11  For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13  Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15  But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16  For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

judy
'For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.'   Ps 119:89

Reformed2005

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2008, 08:16:30 PM »
To All:

I do appreciate all of your defenses of the Bible, and your replies.  I agree with each of you entirely, that the Bible is the one and only source of truth.  Where I disagree is that the Bible should be considered, in all parts, literally true; rather than sometimes figuratively true.

What I mean by that statement is this: MANY Christians do not believe that the first seven days of Creation were literal seven days.  Instead, that it was poetic language that was describing a completely and literal true fact: GOD DID IT!!!!  I do not counter this, I do not question this.  It is without doubt that God created the universe, and all things in it.  It is also without doubt that God sustains all things by His mighty power, and His word.  All things that have happened, that are happening, and that will happen, do so BECAUSE God ordained them to happen.  I hope this clears up any question about my faith in God's majesty, power, glory, and truth.

As an addendum to God's word being sometimes figuratively true is Biblical prophecy.  Such as Daniel, Isaiah, Jeremiah, etc.  Some of the ways in which future events are recorded are not literally true, but instead, true metaphorically (such as God destroying the great empires in Daniel; God did not hurl a rock at a statue...that is poetic language to describe what will happen).

Now, I see that the question at hand will not be answered.  But, let me state this.  I in NO WAY believe that Darwinian Evolution is true.  I do NOT believe that God created a microbe and then that microbe eventually turned into humans.  What I do believe as POSSIBLE, is that God created all the birds of the air, all the fish of the sea, etc etc...and that those birds became different species of birds through adaptation.

Thank you all, and God Bless!

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2008, 10:44:13 PM »
What I do believe as POSSIBLE, is that God created all the birds of the air, all the fish of the sea, etc etc...and that those birds became different species of birds through adaptation.

Thank you all, and God Bless!

Whoa, wrong word. Adaption is where you are "dead" wrong! The birds didn't adapt anymore than man did. They changed by the same process human beings change today. By non-colonial procreation or breeding. It is a simple case of genetics, not adaption! For example, my grand parents came to this country with strict italian features, but now my son's kids all have blond hair and no italian features to speak of. Was that adaption to this country? Absolutely not! It was a simple case of procreation or breeding (for lack of a better word) outside of the years of breeding in the Italian influence. Of course birds change down through the years, people change, dog's change, horses change. It is not adaption or selection, it is the natural outcome of particular breeding outside their normal sphere. Even inside the normal sphere there is change, that is why all colonies of the earth all have their unique features, while they all came from one man, Adam. Every time there is a birth resulting from procreation between male and female, there is change. Not adaption, but change. The idea of adaption is the self serving bogey-man of scientific propaganda.

judykanova

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2008, 05:05:47 AM »

Where I disagree is that the Bible should be considered, in all parts, literally true; rather than sometimes figuratively true.

No one disagreed with this.  Most here well know that there is an underlying spiritual meaning to most of Scripture. 

There is nothing new under the sun, including attempts (some subtle and some not so subtle), to undermine the Bible’s account of creation.  There are spiritual lessons to be sure, which point to the Gospel, but that in no way negates the literal account of creation, which the Bible unscores with the repeated refrain…

Gen 1:5  …And the evening and the morning were the first day.
Gen 1:8  …. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
Gen 1:13  And the evening and the morning were the third day.
Gen 1:19  And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
Gen 1:23  And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
Gen 1:31  ... And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Now, I see that the question at hand will not be answered.  But, let me state this.  I in NO WAY believe that Darwinian Evolution is true.  I do NOT believe that God created a microbe and then that microbe eventually turned into humans.  What I do believe as POSSIBLE, is that God created all the birds of the air, all the fish of the sea, etc etc...and that those birds became different species of birds through adaptation.

You may not have liked the answer, but your question was answered.  The crux of your original post/question was this:

- God could have created a large number of early creatures.  These early creatures could have then evolved into more species.
     - From my own understanding of Biology, I would add that God would have had to create a large number of species (the "kinds" that the Bible speaks of), because I don't see a fish becoming a bird!

- God could have created a type of man, and then breathed the "breath of life" (aka, a soul) into that type of man, to make him a "modern human"
     - This would mean that a type of previous homo being would have been created into homosapien at a time decided upon by God, and through His working.

These speculations and use of the phrase ‘evolved into more species’, are altogether unbiblical.  The God-given ability to adapt to one’s environment does not a new species make.  A child born with a birth-defect due to negative environmental influences, is no less a human child -- with a birth-defect.  Not another “species”.  A man who loses arms and learns to write with his toes is no less human, though he is missing two limbs and has developed great dexterity in his toes.  When God confused the language at the tower of Babel, and men scattered across the globe, some developed certain characteristics  (e.g. skin color, body hair) over the course of long-standing exposure to extreme heat or extreme cold.  Yet all remained human and came from the loins of Adam. 

Sin itself wrought changes (curses) upon mankind and upon the earth and all of its creatures.  Yet none of these things change the underlying concept of origin.

Men even try to characterize mankind into “races”, based on such outwards characteristics as skin color -- which is only skin-deep. Yet all mankind originated[/u] from the loins of Adam.  Men try to justify genocide based on the evil premise that another race/culture is sub-human or inferior. Yet all mankind originated[/u] from the loins of Adam.  Mankind tries to categorize all living things.  Yet all living things originated from those God created during the 6-day of creation -- after which God rested (was done) on the 7th day.

There is nothing new under the sun.  This idea of  “modern man” or any other kind of man as being somehow separate from Adam/Eve, goes directly against the Bible's account of creation, the sinful nature of mankind since the fall, and against basic tenets of the Gospel itself:

Rom 5
12  Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
13  (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
14  Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
15  But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
16  And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
17  For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
18  Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
19  For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

1Co 15
21  For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22  For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

1Co 15
45  And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
46  Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47  The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

judy
'For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.'   Ps 119:89

bloodstone

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2008, 09:50:09 AM »
Reformed2005 is talking about what some call Theistic Evolution, which has been disproved a hundred times over because it simply contradicts and denies the plain text of the Genesis account of creation.

Genesis 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
 5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

And as we go on reading in the Genesis account, the text could not be more explicit on the length of actual time and order of creation. In fact, author Brad T. Bromling wrote that it is certainly valid to inquire as to how the critics of creationism would have had God phrase His creation narrative if He had desired to teach a creation week composed of seven literal, twenty-four hour days and all life created in that time span. How could it be more explicit?  You have to be predisposed to reject what is written for you not to understand the very clear declarations. In other words, starting out with an eye to disprove that what is said is accurate.

It brings to mind something Tony Warren said a while ago on this topic.

"We wouldn't even be having this discussion except modern man in his vain egotistical self serving nature, had not invented the religion of evolution to replace God on the throne. Rather than attempt to conform the bible to fit the scientists religion of evolution (as many Christians are doing), we should be viewing true science as that which should inherently conform to the Bible".

I couldn't agree more. I'd say that is right on target. Science doesn't define creation, the bible does. Man doesn't adapt to his environment. A fish doesn't become a crocodile, a monkey doesn't become a man, a dinosaur doesn't become a bird, that whole "adaption" theory thing is all Steven Speilberg science fiction. A good movie to be sure, but nothing more than fiction. The real problem is, the scientists ideas (over time) become accepted by Christians as fact. And that is the problem.

JonathanWhitehead

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2008, 04:55:26 PM »
By this line of reasoning, would you state that anyone who is not a young earther is a heretic?   

Yes.

Maurice

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2010, 05:10:14 AM »
Tony,
  I've been reading some of these writings of yours and I cannot believe what you are saying. This thread seems the best to post my thoughts on this issue. I find your theory of age of the earth and time to be totally impossible, due to all of the scientific data that is avalible concerning evolution. A 13,000 year earth? Are you kidding me? I suppose that you think that the earth just appeared on the first day without evolution? If God made all these things, then why did he make it look like hed did not create the stars, planets and other universes. Wouldn't it make more sense for God to stick creating one earth in the center of the universe if we're the primary planet? Why are we like the third planet from the sun and not the one all others revolve around. I don't understand how you can base all of your thoughts of time and creation on the bible, when some of it doesn't make sense at all today.

Thanks
Maurice

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2010, 11:44:00 AM »
>>>
Tony,
  ...I find your theory of age of the earth and time to be totally impossible, due to all of the scientific data that is avalible concerning evolution.
<<<

No doubt because we have a fundamental difference in our definitions of scientific data. More scientifically categorized, evolution should be "classified" as presupposition, speculation, projection, assumptions, theory and hypothesis. ...but then, if that was the case, who would call it proof?

1st Thessalonians 5:21
  • "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good."

We should subject everything that is submitted to us for belief to the proper tests of truth. Try the spirits. If they contradict the word of God, we reject them out of hand. And make no apologies for that.

>>>
 A 13,000 year earth? Are you kidding me?
<<<

No! It is my belief, based on the scriptures, that the world is approximately 13,000 years old. There is no credible proof (as opposed to theories) that the world is well over 13,000 years old. None! Not carbon dating, not in the fossil record, not in archaeology. None! Because if your assumptions are wrong, your conclusions will be wrong.

>>>
I suppose that you think that the earth just appeared on the first day without evolution?
<<<

No, I know that the heaven and the earth were created on the first day by My God, because the word of God very plainly (unambiguously) declares it.

Genesis 1:1-5
  • "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
  • And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
  • And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
  • And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
  • And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day."

I am a Bible-Believing Christian, rather than a Bible manipulating Christian. A evening and a morning was called a day, just as it is a 24 hour period today. Nothing has changed except a modern and rampant distortion of the meaning of words.

>>>
If God made all these things, then why did he make it look like hed did not create the stars, planets and other universes.
<<<

You mean why did God create a earth that "appears" to have age? It's no mystery, it's called a miracle. God does that. That's why He's God. Like God created the wine for the marriage in Cana of Galilee. And no mystery, the wine "appeared" to have age. ...even though it was just miraculously made.

Like Adam was created a full grown man, and not a infant or baby. Adam "appeared" to have age, even though he was made in a day. Or like full grown trees created for the Garden of Eden, ..Etc., etc? Why? Well, since God knew the end from the beginning, maybe it was to confound the wise in their own conceits? For it is by faith that Bible Believing Christians know that the creation of the worlds were not as they do "appear." ..as we all know, appearances can be deceiving.

Hebrews 11:3
  • "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear."

We do understand this and comprehend in great wisdom that our knowledge of truth is derived only from the Spirit of God through faith of Christ, not from our own "Pea-Brain" reasoning. We are finite beings, God is infinite.

>>>
Wouldn't it make more sense for God to stick creating one earth in the center of the universe if we're the primary planet?
<<<

Make more sense to who? To Scientists? Evolutionary Apologists? To You? Man is not the center of the Solar System, God is. The earth is not the center of the universe, God is. Even in our sphere of this universe of God's, why do you think all the planets revolve around the Sun? Because it is representative of God, the true light of the world. God designed these things for His glory, not so that man could presume that time created the plans and blueprints of creation. On the contrary. The worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear (Hebrews 11:3). And it is "only" by faith that Christians understand what non Christians cannot. And they will not be dissuaded that they should turn back to believe the worldly influences.

Hebrews 10:38
  • "Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him."

>>>
Why are we like the third planet from the sun and not the one all others revolve around.
<<<

Well for starters, the symmetry of the universe isn't all about either chance or man, but the glory of God. ie, the Sun doesn't revolve around us spiritually, we revolve around the Sun, Spiritually. It is the giver of life on earth, being the great light of the life of the world (Malachi 4:2).

John 8:12
  • "Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."

And the number three is the number of purpose and will of God. The planet earth was designated the home of man, being the third planet from the sun, the only planet known to support human life, demonstrating God's will and purpose worked out in us. Yes, I know, to the world all this is coincidence or foolishness, but our God is a very organized God who knows what He is doing, even when we do not. There are no design flaws specifically because God is the designer.

>>>
I don't understand how you can base all of your thoughts of time and creation on the bible, when some of it doesn't make sense at all today.
<<<

I understand what you are saying, but actually, it makes perfect sense. You might not be able to imagine this because you can't imagine GOD. Man's imaginations are all built around what is plausible in his (that is, MAN'S) mind. So of course this seems impossible and far fetched to him. But as I've said many times, looking deeper you will find that "NOTHING" is impossible. And Things around you testify of the possibility of the impossible all the time. With God, the only thing that is impossible, is that He could LIE!

Allow me to digress for a moment. Take the heavens for example, or "Outer Space" as you might call it. This may sound silly, but seriously "think" about this for a minute. There is space that goes on, and on, and on, and on, arguably into billions of light years. Think about that! WOW! Is that impossible or what?  You can't even really comprehend endless space! Something that goes on continually and that seemingly has no ending. Or, suppose there must be an ending. So you go out into space so far that eventually, all of a sudden it ends? WOW Again!! Is that impossible or what? Seriously "THINK" about that! Is there a cosmic brick wall at the end of outer space, or just a force that keeps you from going any further? And if you really want to get heavy, think if there is a ending to to space, and it is some cosmic force or wall of some sort preventing going any further, then try and COMPREHEND such a force or wall! Then what is behind that wall? If you say nothing, then comprehend nothing as a force keeping us from going further? ...WOW!

You see, I say all that to only to demonstrate that what seems impossible is actually REALITY! Space is reality, and it is just as incomprehensible in terms of our minds "IF" we take the time to THINK about it. For when we do think about it seriously, then we find that what "SEEMS" impossible, is not only very possible and plausible, but a reality. In point of fact, the very Heavens I speak about themselves "TESTIFY" that there is a God (as it is written)! For if you believe the heavens exist (Outer SPACE) then you believe the impossible. You believe the scientifically unbelievable! And outer space is only the second heaven (our atmosphere being the first). Dare you think about if there is something beyond that second heaven, a third Heaven?

...He that hath ears to hear, let him hear!

Don't sell yourself short my friend, everything is NOT explainable, despite what the (so called) "brilliant Scientists" would have you believe. As the Bible says of these men, they are Forever Learning, and yet never able to come to the knowledge of truth.

So some may say God is impossible, miracles are impossible, life after death is impossible, but think seriously about outer space. ...then tell me again what is impossible. You will find that the unthinkable, is very much Thinkable. And you know what is "REALLY" impossible? It is that all this universe, the solar system, the planet, the sun, it's distance from earth, the people and animals all working harmoniously together, just happened by mere chance in some self mixing primordial soup. Now that's what doesn't make sense and is impossible!

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Maurice

« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2010, 06:14:01 AM »
Allow me to digress for a moment. Take the heavens for example, or "Outer Space" as you might call it. This may sound silly, but seriously "think" about this for a minute. There is space that goes on, and on, and on, and on, arguably into billions of light years. Think about that! WOW! Is that impossible or what?  You can't even really comprehend endless space...

I think I have read you say this before, and was impressed with it. And I must admit that your digression is, in a weird sorta way, genius! So let me chew on that a bit. It makes your point. But, just showing that there possibly could be a God,  miracles and things that seem impossible, doesn't "prove" that there are miracles, or a God. It only proves that the impossible is possible. So while I'll reluctantly admit that you have shown there could be a God, you have not shown that there is a God. Nor that he created the earth in 6 days. Nor that evolution is not a fact.

Terrell Meyer

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2010, 01:11:25 PM »

Tony,
 Brilliant! Science is just a word, all things are possible with God.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2010, 01:30:21 PM »

Tony,
 Brilliant! Science is just a word, all things are possible with God.

Ac 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
 24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

Tit 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Heb 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Lots of things are not possible. How is this reconciled?

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]