[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Christian Fundamentalism or Religious Fanaticism?  (Read 3689 times)

Philly Dawg

• Affiliate Member
  • Thinking Christians
Christian Fundamentalism or Religious Fanaticism?
« on: August 24, 2005, 05:11:49 AM »
Is it Christian for conservative (alleged) Christians to call for the government to go out and assasinate other heads of state? Is this the cause of Christ? I ask because right wing fundamentalist Pat Robinson is now in hot water. This is the clueless leader of the infamous "700 Club" which conservative (alleged) Christians fund, and he has now flat out declared that leaders of political parties that he does not agree with should be assasinated. He called for the killing of the Venezuelan President because (according to this clown) we can't afford another war.

What is wrong with these right wing religious fundamentalist nuts who think that killing and war is the answer to all the world's problems? Are they taking crazy pills or is it just that they are breathing the smoke from the bottomless pit? You don't have to go to Iraq to find fundamentalist religious fanatics, they are right here under our nose. They're called fundamentalists and they are as bad as the Muslims fanatics. I can't believe the trash that comes out of the right wing's mouths in the name of the Lord. I would call it blasphemy, but that's just me.

Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Joe Johnson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: Christian Fundamentalism or Religious Fanaticism?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 07:57:15 PM »
 I saw that on the news yesterday and I almost fell off my chair. Pat Robinson use to be a good man, but I think that as he has gotten older, he has gotten a little senile and we need to allow for that. He's liable to say anything. I'm sure someone will tell him to backtrack from that statement, and all will be well again.

Luke 17:4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

John B.

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 10:57:20 PM »
Philly,

I'm not a big fan of Christian fundamentalism, either. But, there is no moral equivalence between radical muslims and fundamentalist Christians. It is true, though, that the world be be a whole lot better off without radical muslims. I'm just sorry that Robertson has a bad habit of putting his foot in his mouth.

John B.

WrldTvlr

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 03:41:46 PM »
Pat Robertson is one of those people who give Christianity a bad name.  He may be a Christian but does not seem to have even a hint of what that is.  He certainly is not a fundamentalist Christian as that would mean the basic principle of Christianity is hate, which it isn't.

Here are some passages, spoken by Jesus, as to how real Christians are to conduct themselves..

Mat 5:44  But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Mat 22:39  And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Mar 12:31  The second is this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these."

Luk 6:27  "But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

Luk 6:35  But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil.

Joh 13:34  A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Joh 15:12  "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

Joh 15:17  These things I command you, so that you will love one another.
"The Bible is the best of all books, for it is the word of God and teaches us the way to be happy in this world and in the next. Continue therefore to read it and to regulate your life by its precepts." --John Jay

splat

• ...having done ALL to stand...
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 04:02:34 PM »
Somethings that are true, killing the enemies of God for example, are not popular things to say out in the public for mass consumption. 

I doubt that those that would miss one more Central American cracked pot corrupt political leader are a very large or important group.  There are a number of wicked people in this world that I should just as well wish for calamity to come down upon, and truth be told, given adequate oppotunity I would be very much inclined to assist in bringing about such calamity.  Barring that, I would likely applaud the efforts of those that seek to bring about such calamity.  I even suspect that God would laugh at such calamity as it came about. 

Pat's big mistake was to speak openly and indelicately about those things that many can and do carry in thier hearts.  As did David, the man after God's own heart, I often pray for the discomfort and demise of persons that have set themselves up as the enemies of God and His purposes.

Philly Dawg

• Affiliate Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 07:19:54 PM »
Somethings that are true, killing the enemies of God for example, are not popular things to say out in the public for mass consumption. 

I doubt that those that would miss one more Central American cracked pot corrupt political leader are a very large or important group.

Just what we need, another far right wing fanatic professing Christianity. :'(

There are a number of wicked people in this world that I should just as well wish for calamity to come down upon, and truth be told, given adequate oppotunity I would be very much inclined to assist in bringing about such calamity.  Barring that, I would likely applaud the efforts of those that seek to bring about such calamity.

You're a scary Christian!  I hope you don't plan on staying very long, as we're over our quota of right wing reactionary fanatical Christians here.

Don't tell me, let me guess. ..You are a Republican from the south?

Pat's big mistake was to speak openly and indelicately about those things that many can and do carry in thier hearts.

..I often pray for the discomfort and demise of persons that have set themselves up as the enemies of God and His purposes.

I'm sorry but you're a sick man, not a Christian. Nowhere does God instruct Christians to pray for the death of the unsaved or anyone. That is clearly unchristian, but it is typical of the thinking of the supporters of radical right wing Christianity!  Seek medical help before you hurt someone!

Philly Dawg

• Affiliate Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 07:24:18 PM »
Pat Robertson is one of those people who give Christianity a bad name.  He may be a Christian but does not seem to have even a hint of what that is.  He certainly is not a fundamentalist Christian as that would mean the basic principles of Christianity is hate, which it isn't.

Here are some passages, spoken by Jesus, as to how real Christians are to conduct themselves..

Mat 5:44  But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Mat 22:39  And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Mar 12:31  The second is this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these."

Luk 6:27  "But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

Luk 6:35  But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil.

Amen! But careful, some around here might think you should be Killed for loving these people, and may actually think of doing it themselves. It's a sick world we live in, with so many hateful people masquerading as Christians.

splat

• ...having done ALL to stand...
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 11:01:03 AM »
This is an amazing place I've found here.  On one thread my views are "over the quota" right wing conservative while on the other they are decried as being liberal.  Oddly both come to the same conclusion however, "If'n as what I don't agree with their small minded perspective, then they ain't no ways as what I could possibly be no Christian!"  It is AMAZING how similarly the small minds seem to fall into the same foolish ruts regardless of which side of the ideological street they happen to start out from. ::) ::) ::)

Now here's a memory verse for you so you can learn about the multi-faceted nature of the Christian God you tell me you serve...

Numbers 24:8 God brought him forth out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn: he shall eat up the nations his enemies, and shall break their bones, and pierce them through with his arrows.

See, little fella, it's not all about pastel blankets and sweet flavored treats with glittery candy on top.  Our God is one that understands the nature of war.  How about that?!?!?

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 01:05:31 AM »
Now here's a memory verse for you so you can learn about the multi-faceted nature of the Christian God you tell me you serve...

Numbers 24:8 God brought him forth out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn: he shall eat up the nations his enemies, and shall break their bones, and pierce them through with his arrows.

See, little fella, it's not all about pastel blankets and sweet flavored treats with glittery candy on top.  Our God is one that understands the nature of war.  How about that?!?!?[/color][/size]

Just for the record, this verse has nothing whatsoever to do with a Christian claiming we should go into other countries we are not at war with, and start assasinating its leaders because we disagree with them. I often wonder how anyone professing to be a child of God can think this way. And then I remember my bible history and realize it's just more of the same.

As for Pat Robinson, the less said the better. Except I feel so sorry for the people sending this man their money monthly. They are so deceived.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]