[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: The Tsunami & Why are There so few Christians in Japan  (Read 22309 times)

George

• I'm a llama!
Re: The Tsunami & Why are There so few Christians in Japan
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2018, 11:49:57 AM »
Why are there so few Christians in Japan? Because there so few Christians in Japan. Cause and effect. japan likes to remain Japan and not have to worry about ungodly immigration.

Maurice

« Reply #106 on: August 27, 2018, 07:29:58 PM »

I have a good question. Why did God kill so many women babies and little children in this March 11, 2011 Tsunami of Japan?  )anyone(

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2018, 03:53:34 AM »
>>>
I have a good question. Why did God kill so many women babies and little children in this March 11, 2011 Tsunami of Japan?  )anyone(
<<<

Correct, a good and often asked question--been asked and addressed many times. You might start at these two places:

Why Does God allow Evil and Suffering

http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=29.0

http://mountainretreatorg.net/searchit/searchit.cgi?why%20does%20God%20allow%20suffering

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Sportsnut

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2018, 10:00:44 PM »
in light of the continuing tragedies, the earthquake and thousands dead in Japan last week, I thought I'd revisit this question, asking why Japan has so many tragedies? My friend says it's because they are a Godless country, but so is lots of other countries. Others say it;s because of their geographical location. My question, does it have anything to do with God and judgment as some Christians claim?

Hammerle Labinowic

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #109 on: September 09, 2018, 05:03:41 AM »
in light of the continuing tragedies, the earthquake and thousands dead in Japan last week, I thought I'd revisit this question, asking why Japan has so many tragedies?

That area of the world is 60% responsible for it. The country sits on or near the earth's plates, with lots of Ocean front and so a lot of Earthquakes and Tsunami's are inevitable.

My friend says it's because they are a Godless country, but so is lots of other countries.

Exactly. I'd venture to say that Saudi Arabia is a more Godless country than Japan. Nor are the Japanese any more sinful than Europe or South America. Consider what Christ said.

Luke 13:2-5
And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish."

So Japan isn't more sinful than any other country to merit special judgment, but all these tragedies are to the glory of God regardless.

My question, does it have anything to do with God and judgment as some Christians claim?[/b]

On this question I agree with what Tony Warren wrote. Everything has to do with God and his judgments because God is sovereign. Not one hair on our head falls out or is missing or lost without his providence, God numbers them all. How much more a earthquake or Tsunami. If it wasn't God's will, there wouldn't have been thousands drowned in a tsunami, or thousands escape death in them. That doesn't mean that Japan is judged because their sin was greater than some other country.

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2018, 03:36:34 PM »
We don't say God is sovereign, we know that God is sovereign. It's like Pearson said. Nothing is by coincidence, nor were the calamities because God thinks Japan is so much worse than Egypt, China or the Netherlands. Sin caused it, God allowed it, man is responsible for it by the curse that came upon the earth in the fall. God could stop it, he doesn't and so it's ordained.

How does that make sense?  )hammerhead(

)smileyBounce(  )smileyBounce( I hear you brother. That makes no sense! It's circular reasoning.

Drew

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2018, 05:34:49 AM »
It's like Pearson said. Nothing is by coincidence, nor were the calamities because God thinks Japan is so much worse than Egypt, China or the Netherlands. God could stop it, he doesn't and so it's ordained.

How does that make sense?  )hammerhead(

)smileyBounce(  )smileyBounce( I hear you brother. That makes no sense! It's circular reasoning.

Thank you. At least someone here understands the view Calvin invented is a opinion that doesn't make sense, not something we should follow after.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]