[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Who Is The Antichrist  (Read 12955 times)

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
Re: Who Is The Antichrist
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 08:28:45 AM »
>>>
Conclusion:

The bottom line for all this, is that I believe the spirit of antichrist has been at work in a limited degree for the whole church age. Where wickedness is on display in mankind, it is always the spirit of antichrist who is pulling the strings. But just as Christ is revealed to the world in one universal Body of believers, so too Satan will at the end be revealed in all his false glory and power, in one worldwide body that will attempt to overthrow the Body of Christ. Thankfully we have the promise of God Himself, that in a moment he will be utterly defeated and cast into the Lake of Fire along with all those who refused to love the Truth.

God bless,

John
<<<

Sounds Good to me!  :)

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"i acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Wcjciech Semkowski

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2014, 06:08:54 AM »

I've been getting more and more into the Reformed Faith. But the WCF says that the Pope is the Antichrist. I've always put great trust in that document, so now I'm a bit confused on who is right. Help!

Alex Rowland

• The PuritanBoard
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2014, 11:12:19 AM »

I've been getting more and more into the Reformed Faith. But the WCF says that the Pope is the Antichrist. I've always put great trust in that document, so now I'm a bit confused on who is right. Help!

The WC is an established document and has credentials, I would put more trust in it and the Church fathers than in Erik, Tony or Strangelove combined. Just my opinion.

2 Thess. 2:4
 "Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."

Describes the Pope exactly, doesn't it?

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2014, 04:10:16 AM »
2 Thess. 2:4
 "Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."

Describes the Pope exactly, doesn't it?

It also describes Rev. Mel White exactly! Not to mention, Constantine, Jim Jones, Joseph Smith, Benny Hinn, Pat Robertson, Alexander VI, John Darby, Sun Myung Moon, Kenneth Copeland and Reverend Ike among many. Just because the Pope usurped God's authority doesn't make him thee antichrist, it only makes him one of many spirits of antichrist.

1Jo 2:18  Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
 20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

Emily

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2014, 06:20:32 AM »

:amen: Amen Reformer  :iagree:

I can pretty much work out the others on your list, but who in the world is Rev. Mel White? Get it, "who in the world?"  :P

Trevor

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2014, 08:08:48 AM »
I can pretty much work out the others on your list, but who in the world is Rev. Mel White? Get it, "who in the world?"  :P

Emily, he's a famous or perhaps infamous Homosexual Christian Pastor from California.
A Mind For Truth
Dr. C. Trevor Bavinck
New York, NY

bloodstone

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2014, 12:36:59 PM »

)amen( Amen Reformer  )iagree(

http://www.presstelegram.com/social-affairs/20130113/gay-long-beach-pastor-rev-mel-white-rails-against-religious-leaders-espousing-anti-gay-views

Trevor

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2014, 01:34:36 AM »
It takes all kinds. And isn't that exactly what we should learn from this? That there are all kinds of antichrists, and not just one as our Reformed Brethren once supposed. It's not the Roman Catholic Pope or the Papal system in particular, it's every man or system that seats those who rule in sin in place of God. All false prophets are antichrist because they oppose Christ.

A Mind For Truth
Dr. C. Trevor Bavinck
New York, NY

Drew

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2014, 09:42:01 AM »

Please read the truth of Dispensationalism at a respected Reformed site, rather than here at a biased one.

http://www.the-highway.com/Scofield.html

The Highway is a long standing respecatble Reformed site that doesn't condemn other religions as Dispensationalism.

James Heckman

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2014, 12:05:49 AM »

The WC is an established document and has credentials, I would put more trust in it and the Church fathers than in Erik, Tony or Strangelove combined. Just my opinion.

)GoodPopst(
Good Point! And the Westminster Confession of Faith is not the only Reformed document that teaches the Church that the Pope is the man of sin and the antichrist. Most of the reformed creeds and confessions view the antichrist the exact same way. So we'd do well to actually take note of what the fathers of the Church have penned. For example, Martin Luther said:

"This teaching [of the supremacy of the pope] shows forcefully that the Pope is the very Antichrist, who has exalted himself above, and opposed himself against Christ, because he will not permit Christians to be saved without his power, which, nevertheless, is nothing, and is neither ordained nor commanded by God" (Smalcald Articles, II).

So don't throw Church history and doctrine away for the sake of a couple of posters here or the people who still cling to Romanish Eschatological doctrines.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2014, 08:36:49 AM »
And the Westminster Confession of Faith is not the only Reformed document that teaches the Church that the Pope is the man of sin and the antichrist. Most of the reformed creeds and confessions view the antichrist the exact same way.

Which proves beyond the shadow of a doubt why we should never hold the uninspired writings of men up alongside of the Holy inspired word of God. Which sadly a great many reformed brethren tend to do, even while denying they do it. The only perfect document that is without error is the Bible, because it is God's inspired word. So don't confuse the two. The only true credentials is Holy scripture given word for word by God. That's credentials worth paying attention to.

What am I saying? I'm saying if you want to know who the Antichrist is, go to the pages of the Bible, not to man's creeds and confessions. Especially man so blinded by and preoccupied with the false Church of Rome.
 :BibleRead:
Be careful not to become as Rome to place men's words on a par with God's.

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2014, 05:14:28 AM »
>>>
What am I saying? I'm saying if you want to know who the Antichrist is, go to the pages of the Bible, not to man's creeds and confessions. Especially man so blinded by and preoccupied with the false Church of Rome.
<<<

...and all God's people said,  A M E N !

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Laura Tomlinson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2014, 12:53:52 PM »

Please read the truth of Dispensationalism at a respected Reformed site, rather than here at a biased one.

http://www.the-highway.com/Scofield.html

The Highway is a long standing respecatble Reformed site that doesn't condemn other religions as Dispensationalism.

)hammerhead( The typical attitude now days towards false doctrines, teachers and teachings. To just go along to get along, and give them the merit that they do not deserve. How sad. What's that supposed to be, for education? To give a platform to Scofield and his ilk is unconscionable for a true Reformed Christian to do. I can't imagine the apostle Paul saying, here's the writings of the Orient and the foundation of their beliefs, read it and get a good education of their thinking. Can you? That's like Tony posting the Roman Catholic Catechisms here and saying it's because he wants us to get a good education about the Roman Catholic religion. Are you Kidding me? I don't think I'd be overstepping my bounds in saying I'm confident that it would never happen here, because it's dumb!

I may be in the minority but I'm so glad that there are sites such as this one that doesn't pander to those confused who support and promote every different theology just to be trendy, inclusive, popular, and loved by all groups. We are, after all, supposed to be a peculiar people, different and set apart for the service of God, rather than men.

God's Blessings!!!

Fred

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2014, 12:32:18 PM »
Great answer Tony.

You meet countless well meaning Christians who stumble on this topic.

Oh please. What's so great about Tony's answer Strange Love  ::)

All people do is blindly follow along without really saying anything. It clearly says, the man of sin, which means it's an individual man. That is to say, if you take the bible literally, and if you have not come from that Roman Catholic mentality as the Reformed Christians have.

2 Thessalonians 2:3
"Let not any one deceive you in any manner, because [it will not be] unless the apostasy have first come, and the man of sin have been revealed, the son of perdition."

He is "a" man of sin, not many men of sin, and he is the son of Satan. So it's not great, it's false. Read your bible.

aquatic

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2014, 01:27:00 PM »
Fred,

John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

This is speaking about Judas right? If so, then your one man antichrist is Judas, the son of perdition. But that can't be since the antichrist is present at the end of the world.

Therefore, son of perdition, has a wider meaning then what you believe.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]