[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Do Miracles Still Happen Today or Have Miracles Ceased?  (Read 54519 times)

Walt Lee

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: Do Miracles Still Happen Today or Have Miracles Ceased?
« Reply #180 on: August 17, 2019, 01:22:10 PM »
>>>
I will second that motion Apostolic. There's no reason to bring up old discussions. Start new ones.
<<<

Why does it bother you? If you're not interested, simply skip over it. The old revisited is often a revelation of the new, and the new often a revelation of the old. One thing we should never do is think that we can't learn something from what has been previously said. I learn something new every day, often from something I heard or read long ago. And I humbly and gratefully thank God for it.

)preach_(   Me Too!

Bunyan

• Luke 8:24
« Reply #181 on: August 18, 2019, 12:37:58 PM »
Why are some Christians so enamored with miracles when I haven't seen one in my entire life?  Neither have you!
"The law says, 'do this,' and it is never done. Grace
says, 'believe in this,' and everything is already done
."
- Martin Luther

Rich Aikers

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #182 on: December 28, 2019, 01:40:13 AM »
Why are some Christians so enamored with miracles when I haven't seen one in my entire life?  Neither have you!

Nope! Neither have I nor anyone else living today. It's Faith. It's Blind Faith. It's Delusional Blind Faith. Faith is a strong mentor, not only saving faith but blind faith too.

Mark

« Reply #183 on: January 02, 2020, 06:15:56 PM »
Nope! Neither have I nor anyone else living today. It's Faith. It's Blind Faith. It's Delusional Blind Faith. Faith is a strong mentor, not only saving faith but blind faith too.
Sounds like strong delusion to me.

2 Thess 2:9-12
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
“Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.”
Proverbs 30:5,6

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #184 on: January 07, 2020, 03:52:22 AM »
Mark, I don't get worked up over miracles. But neither do I condemn or deny them either so you should be careful. You don't know that there are or that there aren't. So don't call belief in miracles strong delusion.

"Hebrews 2:4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?"

Read and inhale that.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]