[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Is Speaking in Tongues Gibberish to God?  (Read 7473 times)

nicoengelbrecht

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: Is Speaking in Tongues Gibberish to God?
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2005, 06:32:46 AM »

“Ye do err not knowing the Scriptures, nor the power of God, spoke Jesus.”

No, it is you who err not knowing the Scriptures, nor the power of God spoke in Jesus.
You err on the following points:

Mat 22:29 Matthew 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

Rightfully Anthony corrected you and said the scripture has to do with the resurrection of the dead that we will one day be glorified and ‘not able to sin’. (Non posse peccare)
When you interpret scripture and use it to defend your “another gospel”, you must use it in context.  Typical misinterpretation of scripture is to use it out of context like you did.  You misrepresent God and use His name in vane.  This is the reason you are in the greatest deception this world has known. 

2 Thessalonians 2:11,12 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

:”The power of God comes via the baptism of the Holy Spirit, a second experience “

The power of God do come via the baptism of the Holy Spirit when you are regenerated and placed into Christ.  That is your baptism into Christ when Christ becomes your justification, your holiness and the One who kept the commandments of God perfectly for you because you will always be non posse non peccare.  (not able not to sin)

James 3:2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 

That is, you will never be able to be holy like Jesus, you will never overcome all sin, you will struggle with sin till the day you die.  That is why God placed you in Jesus who is your perfection.  God only looks upon Jesus if you are not found in him you will go to everlasting damnation.  The teaching of perfectionism is not biblical.  God said without holiness no one will see God.  That eliminates everyone.  If your teaching is that when God said be holy he will equip with the tools to become holy.  As the so called “second experience” will enable you to be.  Then show me one Christian that achieved this.  No one!! Not even  Paul as he himself said in Rom 7:24.  No only Jesus is our holiness and without Him we are lost.
There is no “second experience”, the Bible does not teach that. The one baptism is the baptism in the Holy Spirit that I explained.

Ephesians 4:4,5,6,7 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. 7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
Romans 6:3-5  Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?  4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

“apart from intial justification, promised to those who believe”

You are justified in Jesus once and for all promised to those who believe.  It is not a condition that when you believe you are justified.

Romans 8:32,33 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth.

Can you hear what the scripture are saying?  You have been given all things and God justify you.  You have no imput in your justification, if you try and do then Christ has died in vane and your works must save you.  You are living another gospel that started with Palagias in the 300 after Christ.  His teaching was refuted in the 1500 with the great and last reformation.  It was resurrected in the 1800 and called Arminnianism which has no biblical foundation. 

and ask for it, given to believers to lead and guide them into all truth,

You cannot ask for something if you are dead.  You are born spiritually dead and totally unable to do something about your condition.

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: 

The sequence of being reborn biblically is this:
If we look at the type in Lazarus’s resurrection of the dead it points to our regeneration.  He was dead, could not choose, could not call out, could not understand spiritually, could not hear.  Jesus called him, Jesus gave him life.

Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 

So are we given life first.  Our spirits needed to be quickened unto the truth, our blind eyes opened, our spirits made alive, thus are we reborn.  Now only can we see, now only can we understand when at the same time the gift of faith are given us.  We cannot generate faith we cannot earn faith, faith is faith in Christ given for the purpose of believing in Him.  Now we believe because we have been given faith and belief thus becomes an act of man. When we understand then that we are vile sinners in need of a saviour we repent and are sanctified progressively but never attain perfectionism.  Even if you arque this rationally your experience with the most so called “anointed” is that they fall terribly as I am sure you know many of those with the “second experience” who even does not serve God today.
What does the bible say and not what does my church say?

“to sanctify inwardly, and for the manifestation of God's hand in the body through the gifts of wisdom, healing, miracles, etc.” 

The so called “second” experience is not to enable you to live a more holy life and to get wisdom and do healing and miracles
Man oh man you have not got anything biblically correct!!  You need to be corrected on every line you state.  The gifts of wisdom, healing and miracles is not for those who are especially blessed with a “second” anointing.  The health wealth and prosperity gospel is a false gospel not based on the Word of God.  To try to resurrect Jesus miracle ministry is born out of wrong interpretation of the Word of God. 
I will give you one example:

Mark 16:17-19 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

If casting out devils and speak in gibberish is miracle and healing then why do you not take up snakes and drink poison?  It does mean spiritual casting out of the devil when we preach the gospel and teach the Word of God. Speaking in new tonques is speaking the new language of our faith, taking up serpents is that the devil cannot hurt us and the poison of false gospels do not harm us, the sin sickness of men are healed.  These miracles occurred to confirm Jesus and the Apostles ministry.

”The time is not passed for this baptism or the use of these gifts as the body still needs this power to overcome the power of sin in our lives individually and corporately as a body.”

The time has not passed for the true baptism and it is the preaching of the word that deliver people from there sin and give the power to overcome sin.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
2 Timothy 3 : 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

We also need to know what the Lord is speaking today, a "word in due season," not some stored up, filed away sermon that's as old as denial itself.

Hebrews 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Jesus is the ultimate Prophet and is the fulfillment of all prophecies and revelation.  Nothing besides the given Word of God that means any extra-biblical revelation is necessary for our salvation.  No more “new age type of prophets of apostles” is in line with the word of God.  No more new revelation will be given beside what is in the word of God.  God is speaking today making old truths new and reveal what is in the Word.  It is the old filed away sermons that you need to hear.  Principles never change, the word of God never change. 

2 Thessalonians 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
2Tim 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

It is the foolishness of this world the God uses to confound the so-called "wise." 

It is the foolishness of spiritual insight because God is Spirit, that confound the wise. 

Matthew 12:39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
1 Corinthians 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;   

These are the wise, not the so called miracle, name it and claim it, Kindom now theologians that are seeking earthly healing, earthly blessings and signs.  The only sign given was Jesus. 
There will be many things that you will be deceived on.

I used to be in this deception, but by the grace of God was delivered and I hope you will study the scripture and read some of these articles on this website.

Nico

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2016, 01:07:41 AM »
:”The power of God comes via the baptism of the Holy Spirit, a second experience “

The power of God do come via the baptism of the Holy Spirit when you are regenerated and placed into Christ.  That is your baptism into Christ when Christ becomes your justification, your holiness and the One who kept the commandments of God perfectly for you because you will always be non posse non peccare.  (not able not to sin)

Excellent Nico. This tongues phenomenon seems to be wanning or passing away, but other false gospels are taking its place, such as political gospels and charity gospels and such. I have not seen as many of the charismatic gospels all around as there once were. Not that people are coming to their senses, but that they are taking their disobediences and going in other directions. Which brings me to the reason for this post..

2 Thess 2:8-9
"And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,"

What are the lying signs and wonders?

Apostolic

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2018, 12:02:58 AM »
2 Thess 2:8-9
"And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,"

Why do you ask questions when you know the answer. Lying signs and wonders are miracles that don't tell the truth. In other words, the false prophets who claim the can do miracles but don't. They are lying about things God said Christians would do.

Look at it this way. True signs and wonders are those of faith, like Christ and the apostles did. Lying signs and wonders are of christians who claim to do miracles, but they are not of faith. Like the Magicians did with Pharaoh of egypt. Moses did his miracles, then the magicians did theirs. Lies and tricks. Because devils can do miracles too, just not true ones.

Trevor

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2018, 02:21:51 PM »

Lying signs and wonders are miracles that don't tell the truth.

First, miracles can't lie of themselves because they're not human beings. Miracles are false signs. So unless these miracles, signs and wonders are as Tony said "representative" of something more important, then we have the absurdity of wondering why we all can't do supernatural miracles if we have faith. What do miracles represent? Comparing scripture with scripture we see it is a token of salvation. Following that to its logical conclusion, that's why scripture says they are done by false prophets. Christians preaching a salvation and a Christ phenomenon that cannot save. False Christ, false gospel, false teachers, false churches such as we see so prevalent today.

In other words, the false prophets who claim the can do miracles but don't.

Yes, but not literal miracles. Christians who claim they are preaching the gospel of Christ but aren't. The true gospel of Christ is the miracle we bring. False gospels are false tokens of salvation.

They are lying about things God said Christians would do.

Lying because they don't understand Christ wasn't saying we would do literal miracles. And they don't understand that because it was not given them to understand.

"Matt. 13:11 - He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given."

Look at it this way. True signs and wonders are those of faith, like Christ and the apostles did. Lying signs and wonders are of christians who claim to do miracles, but they are not of faith. Like the Magicians did with Pharaoh of egypt. Moses did his miracles, then the magicians did theirs. Lies and tricks. Because devils can do miracles too, just not true ones.

The Devil can do miracles because the Devil can have people believe they are casting out demons, speaking in strange tongues, healing the cripple, handling snakes, curing cancer and drinking poison. That's how the Devil works. He doesn't work by giving anyone supernatural power that allows them to do supernatural things. As Tony said, that's the stuff of movies, not any teaching in the bible. Nor any supernatural miracle that anyone here has experienced, and they haven't because it doesn't exist today. The reality is, deception is the Devil working inside people that they believe they are of God when they are fighting God and being disobedient. They think they are serving God when they are serving their own  appetites. That they are talking to God when they are babbling gibberish.

A Mind For Truth
Dr. C. Trevor Bavinck
New York, NY

ZeroCool

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2018, 03:27:08 PM »
If I don't understand anything else, I understand this from the previous thread about literal angels (did god create evil). Consistent Literalism is the bane of Christianity. It's so foolish as to make Christian people irrational. From Israel, to stars (which are suns), to speaking in tongues to miracles, and I see the same thing here. Apostolic, do you really think God promised us supernatural powers over poisons, snakes and sicknesses? If so, why aren't Christians in the hospitals healing all the children? Why do you think God only speaks in literal terms of healing and serpents?

Trevor

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2018, 04:25:16 PM »
If I don't understand anything else, I understand this from the previous thread about literal angels (did god create evil). Consistent Literalism is the bane of Christianity.

Consistent Literalism is a myth. Faithful Christians call it inconsistent literalism. Because Christians can decide what is literal and what is not based on nothing but their own personal opinion, even if it is ridiculous to do so.

Speaking in new tongues simply means speaking in new languages. It's not the gibberish you see in churches today.

Lying signs and wonders is the false representation of Christ and his good news.
A Mind For Truth
Dr. C. Trevor Bavinck
New York, NY

Apostolic

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2018, 07:11:08 AM »

Lying signs and wonders are miracles that don't tell the truth.

First, miracles can't lie of themselves because they're not human beings. Miracles are false signs. So unless these miracles, signs and wonders are as Tony said "representative" of something more important, then we have the absurdity of wondering why we all can't do supernatural miracles if we have faith.

Maybe we can. Maybe you can't because you don't have enough faith. Not saying you have no faith, just not enough.

Matt. 21:21
Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2018, 05:33:05 AM »
Maybe we can. Maybe you can't because you don't have enough faith. Not saying you have no faith, just not enough.

It doesn't take faith to pretend in gibberish to be speaking to God, it just takes a strong delusion. There are only two alternatives. Either you are speaking to God in a supernatural unknown heavenly language, or you are not and are simply deluded and beguiled into thinking that you are. There's no other options.

Matt. 21:21
Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

Name me one person in all of the history of the world that has ever cast a physical mountain into the sea? Not one. So then you should know that God wasn't talking about a physical mountain or physical miracle in doing that, but a spiritual kingdom. The Fig tree represents Israel. Mountain represents a kingdom. So if you can't curse a physical fig tree and have it wither away or cast a physical mountain into the sea, then "YOU" are the one who doesn't have enough faith.  That is, if your understanding of these verses is true.

Apostolic

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2018, 01:52:18 AM »

It doesn't take faith to pretend in gibberish to be speaking to God, it just takes a strong delusion.

So Now I'm deluded?

Matt. 12:31
"Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men".

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]