[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Expositions of Matthew Chapter 24  (Read 41129 times)

Reformed Baptist

• Reformed Baptists
Re: Expositions of Matthew Chapter 24
« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2019, 01:00:38 PM »
I've read some of his eschatology, and it's very interesting.

The movie Aliens is interesting, but that doesn't mean it's truth from God.

Especially about Israel becoming a nation again.

In what verse do you read that Israel will become a nation again? Doesn't scripture say Israel is already a nation and Gentiles grafted in?

1 Peter 2:9
"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:"

Ephesians 2:12-13
"That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ."

Pearson

• Conformed by the Blood
« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2019, 05:46:14 PM »
Especially about Israel becoming a nation again.

[Soapbox mode on]

God's Israel never stopped being a nation beloved of God and National Israel ceased being God's people two thousand years ago.

Just My two cents

[Soapbox mode off]

Philly Dawg

• Affiliate Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2019, 02:01:26 PM »
I just don't believe that it's about everyone synchronizing their beliefs with mine, but about what each person sees in the Scriptures for themselves. Each person has to find his own path based on what "he" sees in Scripture, not what some other person sees. Otherwise, we're just following men and not the Bible.

)amen( Like those goats following Trump and not conservative Christian virtues and principles. Condemning the truth and embracing a lie. Too much of that going around the church. The church being in about as bad a shape as it has ever been in with regards to recognition of the truth.

Revelation 6:10
"And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?"

As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
  Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2019, 05:33:28 AM »
Condemning the truth and embracing a lie. Too much of that going around the church. The church being in about as bad a shape as it has ever been in with regards to recognition of the truth.

"And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?"

As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

I'll second that. The church has fallen away from the truth and is full of man made doctrines. When you have Christians thinking partisan politics is a branch of the church? When you have parents ruled over by their children? When you have Christians talking about divorce for verbal abuse? When you have Christians accepting homosexuality as something God given? When you have Christians claiming the state of Israel is always God's chosen people? When you have Christians claiming God is not sovereign, Trump is God's messenger and that immoral dress is not immoral, yes I'd say the falling away of Christianity is upon us. I know I often wonder how long Oh Lord this can go on.

Halle

• "Because He Lives"
« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2019, 02:26:49 PM »
The church being in about as bad a shape as it has ever been in with regards to recognition of the truth.

This seems a continuing theme among God's people.

Psalms 74:9-10
"We see not our signs: there is no more any prophet: neither is there among us any that knoweth how long.
O God, how long shall the adversary reproach? shall the enemy blaspheme thy name for ever?"

My question is why?

Walt Lee

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #140 on: August 17, 2019, 12:19:33 PM »
The church being in about as bad a shape as it has ever been in with regards to recognition of the truth.

This seems a continuing theme among God's people.

Psalms 74:9-10
"We see not our signs: there is no more any prophet: neither is there among us any that knoweth how long.
O God, how long shall the adversary reproach? shall the enemy blaspheme thy name for ever?"

My question is why?

I don't understand the question. Could you explain?

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]