[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Noah's Ark  (Read 4134 times)

Blade

• I'm a llama!
Noah's Ark
« on: May 25, 2003, 08:41:15 AM »
Most of the world view the Bible as a collection of mythical and legendary fables or tall tales designed to inform and guide human behavior, but true Christians believe that the scriptures are a true historical narrative. Bible believing archeologists have uncovered sufficient evidence to support claims that the Bible is a factual record of history. This has been done in most all fields.

But has there been any solid proof unearthed of Noah and the ark? I ask because I saw a story on the history channel entitled, "in search of Noah's ark" where it seemed pretty clear there was an ancient ship about the size on Noah's Ark on Mount Ararat. A ship that had compartments which could house animals as big as an elephant. But the government of turky refuses to allow anyone to go there to get the real evidence anymore. I'm told they don't want to help because they fear it might be a boost for  Christianity over Islam. I'd be interested in any links, sources of information, articles, or scientific evidence about the ark.

And also your thoughts on it, whether such proofs might be beneficial to the cause of Christ?

judykanova

• Gold Member
Re:Noah's Ark
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2003, 12:48:56 PM »
Bible believing archeologists have uncovered sufficient evidence to support claims that the Bible is a factual record of history. This has been done in most all fields.

Blade, my view is that science and other diciplines would do well to view the Bible as Truth, as time and time again, evidence is found about things that the Bible declared as fact.  However, I don't think this ship -- whether it happens to be Noah's ark or not, would have any real impact on true Christianity.

Consider the awsome mirables performed by God when be brought the Israelites out of bondage from Egypt, and by Jesus when he walked the earh (bringing the dead to life, sight to the blind, hearing to the deaf --  all pictures of the nature of true salvation).  Yet very few were allowed to enter into the promised land and very few were true diciples of Jesus.  These things may generate some degree of faith and interest,  but not saving faith, which God alone can provide.  

So the Turkey government should have no fear about mass conversion to true Christianity; although this may feed into  today's church apostasy and interest in lying signs & wonders.  

Consider the parable of the rich man and the begger Lasarus, and how when both died, the rich man (in hell) wanted Lasarus (in heaven) to return from the dead to warn his brothers of the consequences of sin and realities of hell.  And he was told that if his brothers wouldn't  listen to Moses (who brought the Word of God), they wouldn't listen to one rasied from the dead.

Luke 16:23-29

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Besides the fact that 'miracles' have no lasting saving power, this parable also teaches other things, such as faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God, which must be applied by the Holy Spirit to the hearts of men, giving us a brand new resurrected soul -- this is the true and only miracle that can save a person from eternal damnation.

May God open our eyes to His truths.

judy
'For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.'   Ps 119:89

Pearson

• Conformed by the Blood
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2003, 09:34:43 AM »
Blade, my view is that science and other diciplines would do well to view the Bible as Truth, as time and time again, evidence is found about things that the Bible declared as fact.  However, I don't think this ship -- whether it happens to be Noah's ark or not, would have any real impact on true Christianity.

Very good point Judy. I agree totally with your assessment. But I caution others that this doesn't mean that this searching might not be used of God to draw someone to actual study of the scriptures from their reading about some scientific find that suppoorted the biblical record. Not that scripture needs support, but that it might be a goad to some folks.

In other words, it's not a bad thing that science supports scripture.

Drew

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2003, 11:06:06 AM »
Something interesting.

http://www.wyattarchaeology.com/noah.htm

I don't know and can't vouch for it, but it is interesting.

judykanova

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2003, 03:36:58 PM »
I understand what you mean Pearson when you say:

Not that scripture needs support, but that it might be a goad to some folks.

In other words, it's not a bad thing that science supports scripture.

I'm glad you brought this up.  I was responding more to sensationalism and interest in (lying) signs & wonders, which seems to be draw many  who put their trust in these 'things' rather than in the Lord.... they 'worship the creature more than the creator.  

But I too think that true science and anythinkg that lends support to the Bible is a good think, which the Lord may use as a vehicle to lead some to His Word.   So your point is well taken, as the Lord does work in mysterious ways, and can use even those things intended for evil to work His good:

Rom 11:33-36

33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counseller?

35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?

36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

Rom 8:28

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

judy

'For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.'   Ps 119:89

andreas

• Gold Member
  • Helpless, look to Thee for grace
kai ean diabainhs dió udatos meta sou eimi kai potamoi ou sugklusousin se kai ean dielqhs dia puros ou mh katakauqhs flox ou katakausei Isaiah 43:2

Frank Mortimer

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2003, 08:47:04 PM »

I'd be interested in any links, sources of information, articles, or scientific evidence about the ark.

Here's a very interesting Link

http://www.wyattmuseum.com/noahs-ark.htm

Be sure to click on continue when you reach the end of the page. Or see the menu on the left hand.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]