[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Is Christian anti-semitism on the Rise?  (Read 2513 times)

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
Is Christian anti-semitism on the Rise?
« on: January 03, 2005, 01:20:49 PM »

Is this article anti-semitic?

http://www.motherjones.com/news/feature/2002/09/ma_109_01.html

Christians are trying to make people think Israel is not the promised land. Isn't that in fact antisemitic since it means you are against God's people?

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
Re: Is Christian anti-semitism on the Rise?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 02:44:20 PM »
>>>
Is this article anti-semitic?

http://www.motherjones.com/news/feature/2002/09/ma_109_01.html

Christians are trying to make people think Israel is not the promised land. Isn't that in fact antisemitic since it means you are against God's people?
<<<

I'd be interested in knowing why you think that this article is antisemitic?

Israel is the promised land, but the question is, which Israel?

nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Dave Taylor

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 01:28:59 PM »
Is Christian anti-semitism on the Rise?

No, it couldn't be.

It is an oxymoron to say 'Christian anti-semitism'.

You could say, 'the wicked masquarading as Christians' may be causing anti-semitism to rise; but not Christians.

Anti-semitism, or hatred, racism, and bigotry are not tenants of Christianity....they belong to the world.

Colossians 3:10  "And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:   Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.[/u]"

Romans 10:12 "For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him."

Galatians 3:26 "For ye are all the children of God[/u] by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.  There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.  And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

Ephesians 3:21, 4:4 "Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages[/u], world without end; There is one body[/u], and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."

1 Corinthians 12:12 "For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body[/u]: so also is Christ.  For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. "

2 Corinthians 5:16 "Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.  And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ"

Hebrews 2:10, 10:10, 13 "For it became Him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. For both He that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.  For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified."

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 06:23:23 AM »
Lieberman, I'd be interested to know if you still believe that anti-semitism is on the rise as you implied in 2005? The belief that the nation of Israel is not the promised land is not anti-semitism. Do you agree with that?

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 12:59:56 AM »
Lieberman, I'd be interested to know if you still believe that anti-semitism is on the rise as you implied in 2005? The belief that the nation of Israel is not the promised land is not anti-semitism. Do you agree with that?

Melanie,
   I do still believe that antisemitism is on the rise, mainly because radical Islam is on the rise. I don't believe it is on the rise in the church anymore. Nor do I hold anymore to the idea that believing the nation of Israel is not the promised land is antisemitic. As I have learned more about the gospel over the years, there has been a great awakening to truth and understanding better the prophecies.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 02:49:30 AM »
Thanks for your reply. We're all learning here.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]