[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: The Tsunami & Why are There so few Christians in Japan  (Read 22408 times)

Pearson

• Conformed by the Blood
Re: The Tsunami & Why are There so few Christians in Japan
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2016, 04:51:03 AM »
News alert, and yet another deadly earthquake in Japan today. Still think it's all coincidence?

[Soapbox mode on]
Nothings coincidence, but nor is it because God thinks Japan is so much worse than Egypt, China or the Neitherlands.

Still think eight million deities in Japan doesn't move God? I thought you guys preach that God is sovereign? If he is, then he caused it didn't he? Or am I wrong?

Sin caused it, God allowed it, man is responsible for it by the curse that has come upon the earth from the fall.

Just My two cents

[Soapbox mode off]

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2016, 05:02:13 AM »
Why are there so few Christians in Japan?

Look it up. There are eight million deities in Japan. 8 million! Does that answer your question? Everything (according to them) from mountains to trees to rice has a spirit, and to claim one Spirit being is like sacrilege to them. That's their tradition and they cling to tradition like cellophane wrap clings to itself. You want to be a missionary, go to China.

Just because there are not a lot of Christians in Japan is not reason to neglect Japan. Isn't it more of a reason to go to Japan to teach? I would think so.

Margaret

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2017, 04:45:27 PM »
So then, is Japan cursed in the sense that there are less Christians there than almost anywhere else tat is industrialized and such a population? Last I read they had less than 1.5 million, many of which are on the fence, as compared to the People's Republic of China who have around 50 to 60 million. Japan has 126,115,944 people. That's a drop in the bucket. I've read this thread through, I'm wondering if they are cursed because of their many religions so not many of them will believe in Christ. Somewhat like the nation of Israel?

Dana Pescator

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2017, 12:34:59 AM »
So then, is Japan cursed in the sense that there are less Christians there than almost anywhere else tat is industrialized and such a population?

All unsaved people are cursed, whether in Japan, Mexico, Syria or the USA. There are some groups that like to single out various nations as being cursed, but that's just their own evil imaginations at work attempting to make themselves chosen. That's not the case since Israel ceased being the church over 2000 years ago.

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2017, 07:38:39 PM »

Some more than others I would say.

John 7:49
But this people who knoweth not the law are cursed.

If Japan rejects the law of God, they are a cursed nation, just like the moabites and other nations before them.

Herman Stowe

• SBC
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2017, 10:29:23 AM »

I'll admit, it is a very strange phenomenon. No one seems to have a good answer, which in itself is strange.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2014/12/20/national/history/christian-missionaries-find-japan-tough-nut-crack/

Christian Missionaries Find Japan A Tough Nut To Crack!

Trevor

« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2017, 05:01:37 AM »

Everybody has answers, but no one has a good answer. One we can see and understand. I mean, they're just people like the rest of us so it's very strange to say the least. I guess we'll just have to leave it i the hands of the Lord under the category of "unknown."
A Mind For Truth
Dr. C. Trevor Bavinck
New York, NY

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2017, 07:28:13 PM »
Amazing Footage
150,000 drowned, the moral of the story, always be prepared to meet your God!

Johnny

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2017, 08:02:05 PM »
Anyone. How do I make that video full screen? I thought it was CTL-F but that doesn't work.

That was very sad. It's amazing how quickly something changes from a little trickle coming down a river to a raging flood in a matter of just a few minutes.

Kenneth White

• Thinking Christians, Intelligent Theology
« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2017, 09:02:58 AM »
Anyone. How do I make that video full screen? I thought it was CTL-F but that doesn't work.

Some videos embedded into posts can't be natively made full screen. To see it full screen you have to click on the cast icon to cast it to your TV or on the word youtube on the bottom, and then click the square on the lower right hand side of the video to make it full screen. Basically, cast it to TV or watch it on youtube.
Proverbs 1:5-6 "A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels: To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings."

Sportsnut

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2017, 12:03:46 PM »

Henry

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2017, 02:17:51 PM »
So what are you saying, that Japan is cursed because they don't want to be Christians? That God caused this evil to come upon them? Does God do evil?

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2017, 06:35:47 AM »
So what are you saying, that Japan is cursed because they don't want to be Christians?

All the world who don't want to be Christians are cursed. The Japanese are no different. As for what I was saying, I made it clear what I was saying. I'll say it again. 150,000 drowned, the moral of the story, always be prepared to meet your God!

That God caused this evil to come upon them?

Isn't God in control of the floods, the earthquakes and the whirlwinds?

Does God do evil?

No. But God brings floods, tornadoes, landslides and puts up kings and takes down kings. God is sovereign and all that entails.

Dryfus

• Nothing without Proof
« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2017, 07:22:39 AM »
Why are there so few Christians in Japan? Everyone is missing the point. You can't see the forest for the trees. As I said before in this thread, the Japanese are really a closed society. They put on a good show for foreigners, but they are basically a xenophobic, elitist people who are at their core self-admiring. In other words, they are full of themselves. I know I'll take heat for saying that, but I've lived there for a spell and that is the truth. Hitler brainwashed the Germans to think that they were the best class of people on earth, and so did the Japanese. History shows this. The only difference is, Germany got over their elitist beliefs, Japan hid theirs and call it nationalism.

"But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. James 4:6"

The Japanese have a extreme sense of self-esteem and conceit of their history and importance. As long as that remains, they shall not turn to Christ in any great numbers. They are a biased, you might even say racist people, who think their heritage makes them superior. This was even noted by many of the people who went there after WWII. Even today very little has changed, and Japan remains culturally and ethnically a very closed society. For the rest of the world, they put on a facade of openness, but in reality their doors are closed to Christianity and any form of change to their society.

The whole world is a Stage

Emily

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2017, 05:23:05 PM »

Funny you should say that. Here's an interesting article on the subject. I take no stand on the article, so take it for what it's worth.

http://projectjapan.org/pj/Article/Entries/2013/8/16_Why_Is_Christianity_Not_Widely_Believed_in_Japan.html

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]