[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: The Contradiction and Insanity of the Abortion Rights Hypocrites  (Read 9383 times)

Layla

Re: The Contradiction and Insanity of the Abortion Rights Hypocrites
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2003, 08:38:18 AM »
Greetings Doug

I'm not sure where you find judgment being cast in this thread as I have not kept up with this thread.  Nonetheless, to state that abortion and those who participate in such activity is sin and to suggest alternatives to such participation does not fall into the category of being judgmental.  It is possible to judge an act without judging a person.

Peace,
Layla

Christ_Alone

• Reformed & ever reforming... by His grace
    • Here We Stand
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2003, 09:38:41 AM »
Is Sarcasm all you've got? Ever heard of trauma or the mental anguish of having a child? Ever heard of protestants not judging and condemning pregnant teens?

Luke 6:37  Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Only a perfect person like yourself can condemn.

Greetings Doug,

while I am far from perfect (just ask my teenagers), I can certainly condemn the act of murder, just as sure as the Scriptures also condemn it.  One need not be perfect (and one certainly cannot be, while in this flesh), to declare the truths found in the Holy Word of God.

I have six children, and I am 8 months pregnant with my 7th.  I know a little bit of what it's like, to have a child and to care for a child.  It's a HUGE deal.  Physically, mentally, spiritually, you name it - it's something that changes EVERY aspect of your life - no doubt about it.

Abortion is never an answer, to an unwanted pregnancy.  No sarcasm, no judging, it's just as simple as that.  

There are indeed alternatives, such as adoption, which are available in nearly every community in the US and Canada - complete WITH Christian counseling for the girl, and often her family, to help her make this wonderful choice, and walk through the ordeal, with courage, strength and guidance.  

It's not an easy choice, for sure, but it's the choice that gives that unintended baby, a chance at life, with a family that can provide for him or her.  A chance for that baby to run in a field of flowers, eat a strawberry, draw a heart for her mommy, ride a bike, and make breakfast in bed for her daddy, on father's day.  

It's a chance the birth mother can give that baby, to have life, and maybe even make a difference in life, for others.  We never have a clue what our children might grow up to be.

The alternative, in the issue of abortion, is to kill the baby, and live with that guilt, anguish, remorse, regret, and heartache, for the rest of her life.  Even women who later come to Christ, after having had an abortion, still carry this with them.  There is forgiveness in Christ for sure, and while this is a comfort, Christ does not undo, the things we have done.  He does not make our past go away, He simply atones for it, by His blood.  The acts we commit, have still been done.

That's a harsh reality - and it stays with us, until the day we die.

Just a few thoughts.
In His love... CA

Rebel

• Do I dare disturb the universe?
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2003, 11:22:16 AM »
Young girls have abortions because they are out of options, or they don't have any other avenue, or can't support the child. Before you judge that 14 year old pregnant girl, walk a mile in her shoes.
    Doug,  I'm  going  to  be  fourteen  in  October.  Tell  you  what,  having  a  baby  is  probably  pretty  stressful  but  I  think  I  would  have  a  much  harder  time  living  with  the  fact  that  I  killed  my  own  baby.  That  would  torment  me  for  years  to  come.  Let  us  teenagers  speak  for  ourselves,  okay?

Ever heard of trauma or the mental anguish of having a child?
    Oh  please,  and  killing  a  baby  wouldn't  bring  any  trauma  and  mental  anguish?  There  are  other  options  that  are  a  lot  less  painful.  
      And  nobody  is  condemning  these  young  girls.  What  we're  angry  with  is  the  hypocrisy  of  our  country's  system  by  saying  that  murder  is  okay  if  Jane  does  it  but  not  John.  We  terrible  "judmental  Protestants"  are  doing  something  to  help  those  forlorn  girls.  There  are  many  Christian  families  and  shelters  that  wrap  their  arms  around  them  and  do  their  best  to  help  them  make  the  best  choice.  What  these  girls  need  is  the  Lord,  a  Heavenly  Father  who  will  protect  both  them  and  their  children.  Abortion  is  not  the  only  way  out.  God  will  make  a  way  if  they  trust  Him.
     Ah  yes,  adoption  is  one  of  the  wonderful  ways  God  has  provided  to  solve  the  problem.  Unless  the  birth  mother  wants  to  remain  anonymous,  she  often  gets  to  meet  the  family  and  receives  warm  loving  support.  I  would  find  it  more  comforting  to  know  that  my  baby  is  going  into  a  loving  family  than  into  a  garbage  can.  And  I  was  adopted  too.  What  would  have  happened  if  my  mother  had  made  a  different  choice?  I  wouldn't  be  here  to  bug  all  you  guys!   ;D  
     There  is  no  excuse  for  abortion.  Even  I  know  that.  When  we  trust  in  the  Lord  instead  of  ourselves,  we  don't  need  to  make  such  a  horrific  choice.
     Pro  3:5  "Trust  in  the  Lord  with  all  thine  heart;  and  lean  not  unto  thine  own  understanding."
     Grace  be  with  you  all,
                                           Rebel  <><
Until  you  find  something  worth  dying  for,  you're  not  really  living.

"Deo  Valente"

Diane Moody

• The Kingdom is Within You
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2003, 12:14:36 PM »
Doug,  I'm  going  to  be  fourteen  in  October.  Tell  you  what,  having  a  baby  is  probably  pretty  stressful  but  I  think  I  would  have  a  much  harder  time  living  with  the  fact  that  I  killed  my  own  baby.  That  would  torment  me  for  years  to  come.  Let  us  teenagers  speak  for  ourselves,  okay?

Wow! I can't believe you are only thirteen years old. You've brought words of wisdom to this forum in some of your posts far above that of some of these so-called adults have. God bless you and please keep up the good work.

PS I agree with you totally on this issue.

Ex 20:13 Thou shalt not kill.

Not, "Thy shalt not kill a child after it is born." Killing is killing, before or after.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2003, 04:51:54 PM »
Wow! I can't believe you are only thirteen years old. You've brought words of wisdom to this forum in some of your posts far above that of some of these so-called adults have.

Agree! Which also just blows the argument right out of the water that people under 18 don't know the difference between right and wrong, are not mature enough to make decisions, and should get a pass. Obviously not true!

Christ_Alone

• Reformed & ever reforming... by His grace
    • Here We Stand
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2003, 06:13:23 PM »
Let  us  teenagers  speak  for  ourselves,  okay?

And what a fine job you did  ;D

So refreshing to hear sound reasoning from a young person.  

It's obvious, young people CAN make good choices - this idea that young people are too immature to know the difference, is part of the lie promoted by organizations that are pro-abortion.

In His love... CA

judykanova

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2003, 11:52:42 PM »
Quote from Rebel:
 And  nobody  is  condemning  these  young  girls.  What  we're  angry  with  is  the  hypocrisy  of  our  country's  system  by  saying  that  murder  is  okay  if  Jane  does  it  but  not  John. ..    

There  is  no  excuse  for  abortion.  Even  I  know  that.  When  we  trust  in  the  Lord  instead  of  ourselves,  we  don't  need  to  make  such  a  horrific  choice

Rebel, baby girl, you got right to the heart of the matter.   There are no grey areas and compromises when it comes to God's Word.  Things like Christain principles and character are often  misconstrued as 'narrow mindedness' and 'judgmental' by some who call themselves
'Christians'.   They let circumstances dictate behavior & choices rather than, as you way, trusting in the Lord and praying that He direct our paths.  For we know that all things work for good to those who love the Lord.

Maybe in 8 years or so, if the Lord tarries, I can arrange for you to meet my son?
 ;)

Matt 21:15-16

15 And when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the Son of David; they were sore displeased,
16 And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?

Matt 18:3-6

3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Acts 10:34-35

34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

God Bless,

judy
'For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.'   Ps 119:89

Rebel

• Do I dare disturb the universe?
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2003, 01:58:54 PM »
Maybe in 8 years or so, if the Lord tarries, I can arrange for you to meet my son?
    Ohhh . . .  you're  embarrassing  me!  Thanks,  I  would  love  to  meet  your  son  someday.  But  I'm  sure  you  were  just  kidding.   ;D
Until  you  find  something  worth  dying  for,  you're  not  really  living.

"Deo  Valente"

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2003, 04:28:29 PM »

Let  us  teenagers  speak  for  ourselves,  okay?

And what a fine job you did  ;D

So refreshing to hear sound reasoning from a young person. 

It's obvious, young people CAN make good choices - this idea that young people are too immature to know the difference, is part of the lie promoted by organizations that are pro-abortion.

..ans all God's people said,  A M E N !

nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2003, 04:36:27 PM »
>>>
Why do you right wing narrow minded christians always use your doctrine to criticize other christians and their doctrines?
<<<

Right wing I am not, but "narrow minded" is a title I don't mind confessing to. But narrow only in the sense that I try and keep my thoughts relegated to that narrow path between the guideposts of God's laws. True, it's not the popular broad way--true it's not the way in which the majority of people choose to walk--true it's restrictive so one can't turn to the right hand and to the left (Deuteronomy 5:32) to avoid truth, but it is the only way in which the mind of man will be in communion with the mind of Christ.

Matthew 7:14
  • "Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

It's not a popularity contest anyone is trying to win here Doug, it's to have our ideas in harmony with the mind of Christ, the word of God. That means taking the "narrow" and unpopular way.

1st Corinthians 2:16
  • "For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ."

We have the mind of Christ by the Spirit, in the revealed will of God through His Holy word.

>>>
Is it to make yourself look so perfect?
<<<

In point of fact, it is the abortionists who attempt to look righteous by outwardly appearing to be compassionate, caring and loving. But inwardly where it counts, they are decidedly incompassionate, uncaring unloving and cold.  Where is the compassion, caring and loving for the child growing in the womb? It is hypocrisy to think this way, pure and simple. If they really cared about the child in the womb when this man murdered it, then they would equally care when a woman would have an abortion doing the same thing. That proves that their show of care outwardly is but a facade or guise hiding the inward hypocrisy and iniquity. And they are not the first, nor the last to do so.

Matthew 23:27
  • "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
  • Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity."

Perfection is manifested in our fruits through the Spirit of truth, not through the show. And the only perfect works are the works of obedience, made perfect in Christ so that they are wellpleasing in the sight of God. Everything else is just a facade hiding man's real motives and agenda.

Hebrews 13:21
  • "Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen."

Those who in hypocrisy make an outward show attempting to appear righteous, they have their reward of men. Those who have God work in them the perfection of Christ, truly have the greater reward.

>>>
 Don't you understand what Matthew 7:1 says,

"Judge not so that you will not be judged"
<<<

Correct, and with what judgment do you judge? The good kind or the bad? For sound judgment is required, else iniquity abounds and love grows cold.

Isaiah 59:14-15
  • " And judgment is turned away backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter.
  • Yea, truth faileth; and he that departeth from evil maketh himself a prey: and the LORD saw it, and it displeased him that there was no judgment."

A tree is known by its fruits. The fruits of sound judgment in the Lord. When scripture is used as a buffer against truth, a cloke to cover disobedience, or as a distraction from faithfulness, just activity, or Godly precepts, then it should raise serious issues of one's Spiritual well being. We cannot negate responsibility with a few misapplied words of scripture. Even the devil can quote a line of scripture. For example:

Matthew 4:6-7
  • "And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
  • Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God."

An adversary of truth quoting a line of scripture does not mean that they are coming with truth anymore than it meant that in this passage. Truth is made manifest by the Spirit through consideration of the "whole" Bible, in harmony with itself. As indeed Jesus illustrated there.

That some professing Christians feel this way about abortion is not surprising. A lot of the Christian churches in our day have fallen into apostasy where they refuse to be led by scripture. Much less have it reprove, correct, or instruct them in righteousness or obedience. That means that any faithful Christian that comes along and witnesses to scripture which exposes the scandal of silence in the church, or condemns sinful and immoral actions taking place there, will inevitably have many detractors claiming that they are judgmental, cruel or without compassion. To say, "Judge not lest ye be judged," or to claim that "no one has the right to judge me and my doctrines but God," is a convenient excuse to avoid the real issue. And professing Christians will use this defense even if the correction or judgment is solidly based on the Holy Bible itself. Nevertheless, those scriptures are "misapplied" or "taken out of context," which of course makes them simply pretext. This idea of church silence n rejecting all judgments against unlawful practices (under the guise of "judge not") is a farce that is being willfully perpetrated in Christianity today. It is wresting the way God uses the word love (agape), for a worldly definition of it being worldly sentimentality. For it is self evident that for Christians to defy God by using the scriptures against scripture, is not being faithful to the word. His word condemns those who practice the very same conduct of hypocrisy. So let us not pervert the word of God with words of peace, when there is no peace.

>>>
Young girls have abortions because they are out of options, or they don't have any other avenue, or can't support the child. Before you judge that 14 year old pregnant girl, walk a mile in her shoes.
<<<

No, young girls have abortions because they are just like the rest of the human race apart from God's control. Thus they are sinful, selfish, rationalizing, irresponsible, vain, immoral, unrighteous, impressionable, and dishonest. i.e., they're young adults with all the same inherent bondages to sin. Without Christ, we are all just like that. We can make excuses for them, or we can look at this honestly and in light of the scriptures and promote the gospel answer and solution to it.

Romans 3:12
  • "They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one."

God doesn't make exceptions. Worldly answers and solutions don't work. God doesn't say we were disadvantaged, or our daddy spanked us too hard, or we were only fifteen, or we were poor and hungry, or kids teased us too much when we were young, or we inherited alcoholism from Mom, or we were too stupid, or we were duped and not responsible, or any other politically correct euphemism used today to excuse sin. The truth is, just like everyone else not in Christ, in their thinking processes they were gone out of that narrow way to the broad way. i.e., it "WAS" their own fault. And unlike our court system today, under a just judge like God, everyone is "responsible for their own actions."  In other words, even as God said to Cain:

Genesis 4:6-7
  • "And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?
  • If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door..."

There were no excuses. We are responsible for what we do. You claim these girls were out of options, I say they had the very clear options of either being virtuous, or succumbing to the lusts of the flesh. Like most of us, they chose poorly! But that doesn't absolve them of the responsibility for the results of their actions. In life there is accountability and there is responsibility. And there is judgment, in this world, and/or in the next. The real question is, do we repent for our sins, turn from our unrighteousness and tred a more "narrow minded" path that is not crooked and not broad? Or do we continue on that crowded road which gives the unsaved a false peace in this world, but ultimately leads to destruction? Do these young girls and their enablers set their hearts on repentance and forgiveness, or upon selfishness and rationalizing.

Acts 8:22
  • "Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee."
Revelation 3:19
  • "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent."

You say first walk a mile in her shoes, but I say everyone who has been born into this sin cursed earth has walked that mile, and we have all made bad decisions which we must take responsibility for. Just because someone is not a Christian doesn't absolve them from the laws of God. Thus, no faithful Christian should ever be complicitous, condone or commiserate in any fashion with the sin of murder. For Christian or non-Christian.

nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

PetriFB

• I'm a llama!
    • Jesus is the Lord
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2005, 04:54:17 AM »
Have you ever had an abortion or have you ever been in such a situation of your life that you planned to have an abortion? Many women have faced this situation and they have not known how to act in this matter, as they have not been properly informed about the situation in question.

We are going to discuss this matter, which is not the lightest of subjects. We are going to concern ourselves especially with the appropriateness of abortion, and what arguments are used for its justification and how fertilization and the development of the foetus take place. These points are important to clarify because much depends on them, namely, our opinions concerning this matter.

In any case, the next citation will show us just how difficult this matter of an unexpected pregnancy can be for many persons, especially if they have not mentally prepared themselves for it - it may feel like a heavy burden for them. This example also shows us that in spite of all propaganda, many women who have had abortions have later understood how they had done something wrong. They feel guilt, but they cannot undo what they had done.

http://koti.phnet.fi/elohim/Abortion_is_criminal

May GBU all!
Let us accept, that power of God can change us to likeness of Him.

andreas

• Gold Member
  • Helpless, look to Thee for grace
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2007, 01:19:03 AM »
<<<Young girls have abortions because they are out of options,>>>

22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.   
23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life, Exodus 21.

It seems very clear to me in this scripture that the loss of a fetus, is very precious to God,so much so, that thou shalt give life for life.

andreas.
kai ean diabainhs di¢ udatos meta sou eimi kai potamoi ou sugklusousin se kai ean dielqhs dia puros ou mh katakauqhs flox ou katakausei Isaiah 43:2

Colleen

• I will make you free indeed
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2007, 06:49:36 AM »
<<<Young girls have abortions because they are out of options,>>>

22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.   
23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life, Exodus 21.

It seems very clear to me in this scripture that the loss of a fetus, is very precious to God,so much so, that thou shalt give life for life.

andreas.

Andreas,
  I hate that word Fetus. It's an unbeliever's word in order to make the pre born child seem less than human.  So that they can abort it without conscience. But it is a woman with child, not fetus.

Luke 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

A woman with a baby in the womb, in various states of development. It's not just a piece of flesh and tissue as the abortionists would have us believe. They use the word fetus to purport it's just an organism growing like a tumor, and simply another part of a woman's body, like fingernails.  God makes it plain that it is a woman with child, not with fetus tissue. The babe jumped in Elizabeth's womb, not a fetus or piece of tissue. The way God speaks of pregnancy speaks volumes.

andreas

• Gold Member
  • Helpless, look to Thee for grace
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2007, 07:15:26 PM »
<<<I hate that word Fetus. It's an unbeliever's word in order to make the pre born child seem less than human.  So that they can abort it without conscience. But it is a woman with child, not fetus.>>>

Throughout the bible the baby in the womb is assumed to be a living human being:

The babies jostled each other within her Genesis 25:22

As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy Luke 1:44.

For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother’s womb Psalm 139:13

A fundamental principle of biological science is that life begins at fertilisation with the union of the sperm and the egg to form a diploid zygote. The zygote-one cell embryo contains all the genetic information necessary for the formation of the new individual such as: sexual characteristics, colour of hair, eyes, height, body type, personality, and intelligence. The sperm and the egg on their own cannot be considered as a human life as they only contain half the genetic information necessary to form the individual. Fertilisation or fusion of the sperm and egg give rise to the full complement of genetic information necessary for the production of the new individual.The word fetus is from the Latin fetus, meaning offspring,and is a medical term used to differentiate fetal from embryonic life,and begins with the completion of organogenesis.

andreas.
kai ean diabainhs di¢ udatos meta sou eimi kai potamoi ou sugklusousin se kai ean dielqhs dia puros ou mh katakauqhs flox ou katakausei Isaiah 43:2

Joe Johnson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2018, 12:00:04 PM »
What do you guys think of this statement I read today concerningif the Jewish people of old viewed abortion as murder.

"Most Jewish teachings hold that life begins not at conception but at birth and 83% of America Jews believe abortion should be legal in most cases."

Link: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-truth-about-christianity-and-abortion_us_58f52ed7e4b048372700dab5

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]