[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: The Contradiction and Insanity of the Abortion Rights Hypocrites  (Read 9382 times)

Colleen

• I will make you free indeed
In looking at this Scott Peterson case where he is charged with murdering his pregnant wife Lacy Peterson, the state of california has now charged him with not only murdering his wife, but also the murder of her unborn child. And the courts have ruled it can stand. Now I have no problem with this, and I think it is correct.

But look how they are such hypocrites. Because if a woman would abort that same child in the womb, they say it's not a human and therefore she cannot be charged with murder. Is it just me or is something wrong here? Can't they understand how hypocritical this is? More than that, you can't have one law for one person, and another law for another can you? How is it a human being when Scott Peterson kills this child in her womb, but the state says it would not be murder if the mother killed it?

You can't have it both ways can you. Am I right about this? It's just bugging me to no end. It seems like to me the courts should rule it murder both ways, or neither way. Talk about honesty. Doesn't anyone even care that it's contradictory?

David Knoles

• I'm a llama!
Re: The Contradiction and Insanity of the Abortion Rights Hypocrites
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2003, 05:16:50 PM »
Talk about honesty. Doesn't anyone even care that it's contradictory?

That's your opinion it's contradictory.

It's different because it's her body to do with it what she wants. While in this man's case, it was someone else's body. I'm not taking a stand for it, I'm just saying it's different.

Layla

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2003, 06:49:46 PM »
Greetings

Interesting observation Colleen, and I disagree with David, there is no difference.  It's either murder or it's not (imho of course).

Peace,
Layla

andreas

• Gold Member
  • Helpless, look to Thee for grace
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2003, 03:35:53 AM »
<<<<<<It's different because it's her body to do with it what she wants. While in this man's case, it was someone else's body. I'm not taking a stand for it, I'm just saying it's different>>>>>

No it is not her's to do as she pleases.  "The Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into him the breath of life ,and man became a living being".   She is the Lord's property,He created her,and she is His, to do as He pleases.    "And the dust returns to the ground it came from ,and the spirit returns to God who gave it",   "The Lord gives and the Lord takes it away".  Only He has the right, nobody else.
andreas. :)
kai ean diabainhs dió udatos meta sou eimi kai potamoi ou sugklusousin se kai ean dielqhs dia puros ou mh katakauqhs flox ou katakausei Isaiah 43:2

Christ_Alone

• Reformed & ever reforming... by His grace
    • Here We Stand
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2003, 07:36:14 PM »
Can't they understand how hypocritical this is? More than that, you can't have one law for one person, and another law for another can you? How is it a human being when Scott Peterson kills this child in her womb, but the state says it would not be murder if the mother killed it?

Hi Colleen,

this issue has been a thorn in my side for years.  First of all, no, they cannot see the hypocrisy in it - if they did - the laws would be changed in a heartbeat.

The problem is, other than the fact that they are unregenerate, is that they have bought the liberal lie, that a woman has a right to do what she pleases with her own body - but no one else has the right to do the exact same thing, to her body, without her consent.

So in essence, if an 8 month pregnant woman chooses to kill her own baby, under the guise of legality, and in a medical setting, it's perfectly okay - but if anyone else chooses to do this to her baby - even the father - it's called murder.

Insane?  Of course is it.  Welcome to 2003.  :'(
In His love... CA

judykanova

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2003, 11:13:11 PM »
To show further the hypocrisy and insanity of abortion 'rights', the law (rightly) considers it murder to deliberately and prematurely  take the life of a terminally ill patient despite that patient's approval...  so called mercy killing.  This too fails to recognize that 'the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away'.  On a human level, I can at least feel some compassion for mercy killing; but when it comes to the self-centered taking of the life of an unborn child, it's that child who deserves our compassion, and whose rights we should be concerned about.

In God's eyes, even the spilling of seed upon the ground (before conception) is considered a grevious sin.  How much more grevious then is the taking of life from the womb?

Gen 38:8-10
8 And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother.

9 And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.

10 And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore he slew him also.

judy
'For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.'   Ps 119:89

Colleen

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2003, 05:02:32 PM »
Hi Colleen,
this issue has been a thorn in my side for years.  First of all, no, they cannot see the hypocrisy in it - if they did - the laws would be changed in a heartbeat.

I don't know if that's true. I think that they can see the hypocrisy in it. I think a 15 year old child can see the hypocrisy in it. I think they don't want the laws changed and so they just ignore the hypocrisy they see. Because when I talk to those who hold this view, they always say, "you've got a good point, but we don't want to open that can of worms." That tells me that they know it's hypocrisy but that they just don't want to deal with that issue honestly.

Didn't Jesus say to someone, if you didn't know, you would have no sin, but you do know and so your sin remains? I think that they do know and they are just being dishonest. I find it hard to believe that intelligent people cannot see that it has to be the same murder no matter if a person named John does it or person named Jane does it.

Is it because they argue for it that you say they don't see?

Colleen

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2003, 05:10:56 PM »
That's your opinion it's contradictory.

It's different because it's her body to do with it what she wants. While in this man's case, it was someone else's body. I'm not taking a stand for it, I'm just saying it's different.

David, It's not just my opinion? Taking human life is not opinion, it's a sinful action against God. The very fact that the courts say it is a human life when this man takes it and that he can rightly be charged with murder proves they recognize that. It also proves they have no excuse, since they admit it's a human life.

So it is a contradiction when they turn around and say, "But if Jane does it, then we won't say it's muder because we want abortion to stand." That's not an opinion, that's a contradiction, and that's hypocrisy.

Colleen

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2003, 05:15:06 PM »
To show further the hypocrisy and insanity of abortion 'rights', the law (rightly) considers it murder to deliberately and prematurely  take the life of a terminally ill patient

Judy, You are right. And that is why I say that I don't believe that they don't know what they are doing and can't recognize hypocrisy. They recognize it for what it is, but when it doesn't suit their purpose, they choose not to apply the same judgement. That's dishonesty I think.

Christ_Alone

• Reformed & ever reforming... by His grace
    • Here We Stand
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2003, 06:08:27 PM »
I don't know if that's true. I think that they can see the hypocrisy in it. I think a 15 year old child can see the hypocrisy in it. I think they don't want the laws changed and so they just ignore the hypocrisy they see.

HI Colleen,

what I meant by that, is simply that the blind cannot see.  Folks that condone, support, and promote the vile act of murdering a baby in the womb, are literally blind to what it is, they support.  They've simply bought the lie.

In His love... CA

Doug Johnson

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2003, 02:27:50 PM »

Abortion Hypocrites? Why do you right wing narrow minded christians always use your doctrine to criticize other christians and their doctrines? Is it to make yourself look so perfect? Don't you understand what Matthew 7:1 says,

"Judge not so that you will not be judged"

Young girls have abortions because they are out of options, or they don't have any other avenue, or can't support the child. Before you judge that 14 year old pregnant girl, walk a mile in her shoes.

Sportsnut

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2003, 02:47:07 PM »
Doug, aren't you forgetting something? What are you, an anomaly? I thought all good Roman Catholics were supposed to be against abortion.

For penances you're going to have to do at least 10 Hail Marys, 10 Novenas, and 5 Our Fathers   :'(

Doug Johnson

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2003, 05:50:24 PM »
Doug, aren't you forgetting something? What are you, an anomaly? I thought all good Roman Catholics were supposed to be against abortion.

For penances you're going to have to do at least 10 Hail Marys, 10 Novenas, and 5 Our Fathers   :'(

Very funny. But for your information, the one true holy Catholic Church does not turn out robots. I am allowed to think and to be compassionate. And I "am" against abortion. All good catholics are. What I'm against is the judgemental attitudes of protestants. These girls have no other options, they're usually those who aren't old enough to take care of children. What are they supposed to do? Strap them on their backs on the way to school? As the scripture that you protestants are so fond of quoting, judge not, lest ye be judged.

Bryan

• Soli Deo Gloria
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2003, 06:14:18 PM »
These girls have no other options, they're usually those who aren't old enough to take care of children. What are they supposed to do? Strap them on their backs on the way to school?

Ever heard of adoption?

Doug Johnson

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2003, 06:00:14 AM »

Ever heard of adoption?

Is Sarcasm all you've got? Ever heard of trauma or the mental anguish of having a child? Ever heard of protestants not judging and condemning pregnant teens?

Luke 6:37  Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Only a perfect person like yourself can condemn.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]