[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Is Homosexual Marriage Next  (Read 11507 times)

Doug Johnson

• I'm a llama!
Re: Is Homosexual Marriage Next
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2003, 09:22:41 AM »
Listen to me. We can all beat around the bush about the hundreds of different Protestant sects preaching different things about Homosexual marriage, but one Church stands with one voice against it. The Roman catholic Church.

The move toward Homosexual marriages is just another part of the schisms which the Protestant Church started long ago. The One true holy Roman Catholic Church has been at the forefront of doing the right thing. I asked before, who is at the forefront of fighting against abortions but no one wanted to speak the truth? Is it the protestants? No, it is the Roman Catholics. Who is at the forefront of feeding the poor? Is it the Protestant Church? No, it's the one true holy Roman Catholic Church. And the same with missions and starting new Churches in South America, Africa, Russia.

So as I said, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that the one holy Roman Cathoklic Church is at the forefront of helping christians understand that we cannot allow these Protestant Church christians allowing homosexual marriages to spread and become law. Homosexual marriage is a sin against the Church and God. Only one Church speaks with one voice against it. While you have Protestants in all denominations saying it's not really a bad thing.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2017, 09:57:49 AM »
Is Homosexual marriage Next?  Wow. How far we have come from 2003 where that statement is now fact, they can even be Pastors, and we're wondering what else is next.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2017, 10:10:44 AM »
So your saying we shouldn't respect any sinner?

I think it's been made clear we cannot respect false prophets, thieves, murders, rapists, adulterers or homosexuals. No, we cannot. God doesn't want anyone to respect that, no matter how you attempt to twist the scenario.

Is King David not worthy of our respect because he was a lustful perve? (and a murder to boot)

Was, not remained one. Tony already explained that. I'll refresh the memory.

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God." I Corinthians 6:9-11

See where God says, "And such were some of you: but ye are washed." In other words, they were, but not anymore. Likewise, if you are a Prostitute still, why would I have respect for you when God condemns you? If you are a former prostitute, of course I will respect you. Likewise former thieves or homosexuals. But there is no such thing as a homosexual Christian. You are either one or the other.

Why do homosexuals deserve a special kind of 'disrespect'

They don't. They deserve the same disrespect God shows in that passage I quoted saying neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind (homosexuals), Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners. God says of all of them, they shall not inherit the kingdom of God. You can call that a special kind of disrespect or you can call it the truth. I call it the word of truth.

Tim Norton

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2017, 06:33:53 AM »
So your saying we shouldn't respect any sinner?

I think it's been made clear we cannot respect false prophets, thieves, murders, rapists, adulterers or homosexuals. No, we cannot. God doesn't want anyone to respect that, no matter how you attempt to twist the scenario.

I completely agree. This is about sin, not disrespecting anyone. To use his argument, we would have to respect terrorists, respect abortionists and respect mass murderers. People always attempt to broaden the argument when they have no biblical justification for their beliefs. This isn't about individuals, it's about God's laws and if we are going to be obedient to them or fall prey to the world's way of thinking? I for one choose God's word.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]