[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Pope Tells Gays 'God Made You Like That'  (Read 1033 times)

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
Pope Tells Gays 'God Made You Like That'
« on: May 22, 2018, 11:08:58 AM »
Judy should love this, because yesterday Pope Francis told a gay man that 'God made you like this and loves you like this and I don't care. The Pope loves you like this. You have to be happy with who you are.'

Simple question, is this true or a lie?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/05/21/pope-francis-gay-man-god-made-you-like-man-juan-carlos/628438002/
  Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Beechwood

• Fishers of Men
Re: Pope Tells Gays 'God Made You Like That'
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 12:35:12 PM »

A better question is, Is God a liar or is his word greater than the Popes? Because it is God who condemned homosexuals. Would God condemn someone who he has made that way? So the Pope is the liar and placing words in God's mouth.

Ezekiel 22:28
"And her prophets have daubed them with untempered morter, seeing vanity, and divining lies unto them, saying, Thus saith the Lord GOD, when the LORD hath not spoken."

Am I incorrect?           

Doug Johnson

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 03:15:09 PM »
This is the only Christian forum that I know of that has no moderator and allows its participants to say the Pope is a liar. A little respect for differing opinions is in order, don't you think?

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 03:23:49 PM »
This is the only Christian forum that I know of that has no moderator and allows its participants to say the Pope is a liar. A little respect for differing opinions is in order, don't you think?

The truth hurts for Catholics? Join Donald Trump and the evangelicals in denial.

Peng Bao

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 04:27:26 PM »
Doug,
  Are you saying that God did create people as homosexuals so he could condemn them for being homosexuals?

Leviticus 20:13
"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

You're saying the Pope is telling the truth, God made homosexuals that way and then commanded they be put to death? Is that your God? Because my God didn't create homosexuals that way anymore than he created prostitutes that way. He warned against being a homosexual and commanded the children of Israel give harsh penalties for those who choose to disobey him. So Beechwood is correct, the Pope is lying by putting his own words into God's mouth. Truth doesn't need to be moderated.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 01:05:21 AM »
Doug,
  Most of the the people here have had enough of the backsliding of compromising Christianity. But it's not only from Roman Catholics, I hear this same thing all the time from Protestant Christians, that "God made them like that." That's a lie. That's placing the whole blame for their sinful and unnatural tendencies on God.  It seems the whole world has been brainwashed by modern society and their own sin laced complex emotional and subjective influences. It's hard to find a Christian today not influenced by the world that being this way is not really sin, it's something natural. That's why you don't generally hear this truth on other forums. But that is akin to calling God a liar since he says (and without any uncertainty) that it is unnatural.

Ro 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

So Doug, does that sound like that's the natural way God made them, or is that secular propaganda and thoughts posing as God's thoughts? As for Beechwood's post, we're for the most part biblical Christians here, so it was confirmed as truth with Scripture wasn't it? To say God thinks homosexuality is not a sin but something natural made by God is divining lies, isn't it? For proof see my previous scripture. And match it with Beechwood's scripture here.

Ezekiel 22:28 And her prophets have daubed them with untempered morter, seeing vanity, and divining lies unto them, saying, Thus saith the Lord GOD, when the LORD hath not spoken.

Am I incorrect?  So then, what else would you call it? A fib?  A untruth? A falsification? A deception? A fabrication? A falsehood? A slander? What? Aren't these all euphemisms for a lie? Sure, you don't like it because your Pope teaches it, but it's still a lie any way we look at it.

aquatic

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 02:48:17 AM »
The pope should resign. As the supposedly head of an apostate church, he should at least know some Scripture on homosexuality. Hes incompetent. He should repent.

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 08:15:49 AM »
So then, what else would you call it? A fib?  A untruth? A falsification? A deception? A fabrication? A falsehood? A slander? What? Aren't these all euphemisms for a lie?

Reformer. You missed one.    Alternative facts ;)

Sorry, I couldn't resist. That's exactly what I said about Trumps lies, and his behavior also was supported by evangelicals and other people pretending to be Christian. This obvious deceit and inability to recognize truth is a plague sweeping the Christian camps.

John 18:38
"Pilate saith unto him, What is truth?"

Seems Pilate is not the only one who cannot recognize what is truth and what is lies.

1 Peter 4:17
"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?"

Catholics, Protestants, Evangelicals, Baptists, Mormons, Calvinists, who is receiving truth these days? Certainly not all those calling themselves Christian.

Rich Aikers

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 04:42:58 PM »
This is the only Christian forum that I know of that has no moderator and allows its participants to say the Pope is a liar.

That's because other so called Christian forums are more interested in entertainment, political correctness, appearance, sentimentality, politics, reading authors, and the number of members they have rather than obedience and communion with God. I for one think we are blessed to have a open forum that actually tolerates the truth, rather than label it a lack of love.

You are Roman Catholic so you agree with your earthly father, but "most" here agree with their Heavenly Father.  Did God make Pedophiles that way? Does he love them just the way they are? How about men and women who enjoy Beastiality? Did God make them that way? For God's sake, use your head man! What this alleged Christian said is an abomination to God pure and simple, and it is indefensible from God's word. Just another example of professing Christians saying and doing disgraceful things so that the world will applaud them.

Sorry Doug, his words are sickening to real Christians. If I am to be banned by a moderator of a forum for saying that, then so be it. I will not compromise my faith for the sake of being liked, or being like the hypocrites posing as Christians but unwilling to take up their cross and follow him.

A little respect for differing opinions is in order, don't you think?

No we collectively don't think that. You may find a couple of people who do, but Christian respect in this forum is earned by faithfulness to God's word, not by trampleling it under foot. I have read that even many Priests in the Catholic Church find the Pope's words reprehensible and there is a great divide. You should read up on it, some Priests even saying unprintable things about him in private. What I find amazing is how many of these Catholics understand it, but so many Protestant Christians are reported lauding his words. Maybe that's what Christ meant when he said Prostitutes go into heaven before the so called servants of God. Since they, you, all of us, should know better.

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2018, 01:29:36 PM »

Conservative Political Christian and retiring Speaker of the House Paul Ryan says America needs Roman Catholicism. This is what I mean about politics and Christianity. They don't mix, they never have, because these Dispensational political hacks, Zionists and evangelical Christians are clueless about both Catholicism and Christianity. And then some have the nerve to say Christianity is not in decline. What are they watching?

> Paul Ryan says America needs Catholicism

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2018, 01:35:48 PM »
Sorry Doug, his words are sickening to real Christians. If I am to be banned by a moderator of a forum for saying that, then so be it. I will not compromise my faith for the sake of being liked, or being like the hypocrites posing as Christians but unwilling to take up their cross and follow him.

)amen(  Rich. As compared to those Christians Erik posted that article about who are going to stop preaching because a law was passed that said they couldn't.

Mark 4:16-17
"And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness; And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended."

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2018, 06:21:25 PM »
Conservative Political Christian and retiring Speaker of the House Paul Ryan says America needs Roman Catholicism.

)Say_what( I never even knew he was Catholic.  :o  Just goes to show, you don't really know anyone claiming to be a Christian by heir clan or outward appearance. But at least he is against this right wing tribalism (Trumpism) that is causing political havoc in the true Church.

It does answer some questions about his inability to deal with issues honestly since he clearly can't deal with his own religion and the Pope honestly.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2018, 12:08:50 PM »
The pope should resign. As the supposedly head of an apostate church, he should at least know some Scripture on homosexuality. Hes incompetent. He should repent.

He should resign, but as you know, the Roman Catholic Church has seldom based any doctrine on Scripture, and that is why they preach these anti scripture doctrines like Purgatory, Works, Prayers for the Dead, a Pope and adding to the word of God.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2018, 12:10:16 PM »
Conservative Political Christian and retiring Speaker of the House Paul Ryan says America needs Roman Catholicism.

America needs Roman Catholicism like it needs a hole in the head. Am I being to blunt or impolite if I say that Christians are so stupid? Because honestly, that's exactly how I feel when reading things like this about professing Christians. Things like this about gays and God, about Dispensationalism, Israel, Trump and the justification of lies and unchristian behavior. If the Pope puts words into God's mouth, then he has lied. I don't want to hear about differing opinions, because that doesn't apply here. No opinion is valid that says homosexuality is a God authored natural condition in people, when God says it is unnatural and the people will be condemned and judged. Don't give me different opinions Doug. A valid difference of opinion is if I say we should have communion every week and some other Christian says we should take it once a month. God creating homosexuals that way is not a difference of opinion, it's blasphemy. Like was said before, that's like saying God created child molestation or beastiality because someone is prone to it. There is no room in Christianity for "opinions" like that.

ZeroCool

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2018, 08:37:14 PM »
America needs Roman Catholicism like it needs a hole in the head. Am I being to blunt or impolite if I say that Christians are so stupid?

HA Ha  )smileyBounce(  You're being blunt and descriptive, but not really impolite. I would say Christians are so foolish ;)  At least a large segment of them.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]