[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Is Brainwashing Real?  (Read 166 times)

Johnny

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Is Brainwashing Real?
« on: January 07, 2018, 04:39:04 PM »

Has anyone seen the documentary, "The Brainwashing of My Dad." With relationship to what's going on in both the liberal and conservative media, as well as the insanity of the Trump phenomenon, it truly struck a cord with me. I believe that the media is brainwashing us, from both sides of the aisle. From Fox to CNN we are being spoon fed all sorts of half truths and propaganda that rots the brain. These news people have little to no integrity anymore. Is this affecting the minds of people making them more angry and hateful? I'm interested in what you guys think.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
Re: Is Brainwashing Real?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 06:18:03 PM »
Something Tony Warren used to say is that "a lie unchallenged and repeated, soon becomes the truth." That's basically what brainwashing is. Something drilled into your mind that isn't factual.  I haven't seen the documentary, haven't even heard of it, but I do know that there is brainwashing (if that's what you want to call it) in the media. I have witnessed it first hand from conservative media on issues and from liberal media on issues. If I'm being fair, I would have to say (sadly) more from the right with facts that aren't even close to facts.

Robert63

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 09:36:22 PM »
You might as well ask is deceiving real. Of course it is. Another phrase for being brainwashed is being deceived. It's the same thing. The more clever the deceiver, the easier it is for him to brainwash you.

Beechwood

• Fishers of Men
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 05:59:50 PM »
Has anyone seen the documentary, "The Brainwashing of My Dad."

I have seen it (it's free on Amazon prime) and whether you are liberal or conservative, black or white, Republican or Democrat, I would say it is required viewing. At least if you are intelligent. It's sad really that Americans are so dumb.

Chicago Bear

• A Chicagoan Named Bear
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 12:51:57 AM »
 :iagree:
Thanks Beechwood, just saw it. Anyone watching it I would suggest watch it all the way through. It gets better the longer it goes. The documentary is a little partisan and biased, but all documentaries are in my view. Informative viewing.
Either the Bible will Keep you from Sin, or sin will keep you from the Bible

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]