[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: This Facination with Earthly Jerusalem  (Read 283 times)

Dana Pescator

• I'm a llama!
This Facination with Earthly Jerusalem
« on: May 14, 2018, 07:05:31 PM »
As I'm watching the coverage of the new conflicts over Jerusalem in the middle east, it struck me the foolishness of it all.

Why are evangelicals so enamored with Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children in the middle east, and yet so blinded to the free Jerusalem which is above, which is the mother of us all? Why? I have yet to figure out the captivation, bewitchment and fascination with the physical and a total inability to comprehend spiritual truths about God's children, covenants, and kingdoms.
Someone please help me understand evangelicals!  )anyone(

aquatic

Re: This Facination with Earthly Jerusalem
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 07:45:18 PM »
You answered it yourself. They are blind. God has to open their eyes to see.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 10:16:44 PM »
The majority of the church believe in Dispensationalism.  It is one of the most twisted, and confusing doctrines I ever heard. I have gone to different forums and have dealt with many dispensationalists who hate everything I have testified on "Covenant Israel" or "Spiritual Israel" or even "woman" of Revelation 12.  They are very zealot for national Israel that they have ignored many key Scriptures I have quoted concerning her.  They are basically blind to the Truth.  They got "excited" about the upcoming Russian invasion of Israel, a 7 years peace treaty with Trump, Iran/Israel skirmishes, America's embassy as sign of something coming, or believe that a beast or little horn is a man with supernatural power, etc. etc. You can see tons of false doctrines or predications out there on YouTube too.  When I said that they got wrong Israel or there won't be  a 7 years "tribulation", etc., I got hate responses, mockery, reviled, etc. all the time until no one want to hear me anymore.  They are busy being blind leading the blind.

Signs of time.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Dana Pescator

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 11:20:06 PM »

Yeah I understand what you are saying, but that's no answer to why they are enraptured with Jerusalem, lands, caves and prayer cloths. All the world is blind, everyone that is not saved is blind, but these Christians are supposed to be enlightened a bit at least. And they seem worse than people who are not calling themselves Christian at understanding things that are not even difficult. I talk with unsaved people all the time and they understand how a kingdom can be spiritual as Christ taught, they just don't believe he was God. But evangelicals think I'm crazy for thinking the kingdom and reign is spiritual, and they claim to believe in God.
 I don't get it.  )Say_what(

Dana Pescator

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 11:23:13 PM »
They got "excited" about the upcoming Russian invasion of Israel, a 7 years peace treaty with Trump, Iran/Israel skirmishes, America's embassy as sign of something coming, or believe that a beast or little horn is a man with supernatural power, etc. etc. You can see tons of false doctrines or predications out there on YouTube too.  When I said that they got wrong Israel or there won't be  a 7 years "tribulation", etc., I got hate responses, mockery, reviled, etc. all the time until no one want to hear me anymore.  They are busy being blind leading the blind.

Signs of time.

Erik, Are the blinder than those who don't profess to be Christian? Because it sure seems so. They seem downright delusional in their idolatry. I would even say neurotic.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 06:57:30 AM »

Yeah I understand what you are saying, but that's no answer to why they are enraptured with Jerusalem, lands, caves and prayer cloths.

2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

There is a reason that people will not receive the truth, and the reason is called indoctrination. It doesn't matter if it's ideology, evolution, politics, education or religion, the principle is the same. These people have all learned something from whoever is teaching them, and now that tradition they have is so strong that even truth will not pierce it. We see this today in Politics from both the right and the left, truth is secondary to the tradition of the party. The same with religion where truth is secondary to the traditions you have been taught. It happened to Christ where Israel rejected their Messiah because their tradition was to look for a political warfare and Messiah ruling in a political land. The same with these professed Christians (professed, God only knows) so caught up in that same mentality of a political struggle, people and kingdom. They are the Scribes and Pharisees of our day deluded into believing a lie by what they have been taught by their TV preachers and authors.

All the world is blind, everyone that is not saved is blind, but these Christians are supposed to be enlightened a bit at least. And they seem worse than people who are not calling themselves Christian at understanding things that are not even difficult.

They are as indoctrinated as Isis and often just as fanatical, as entrenched in the righteousness of their beliefs as Roman Catholics and just as dense, as programmed in their thinking of physical kingdoms as the Jews were in theirs. I've encountered the same resistance as you. There are atheists that are just as stubborn or more, but then there are a lot of unsaved people who are more open to truth than these professing Christians. It brings to mind what Christ said.

Mt 21:28 But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.
29 He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.
30 And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.
31 Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.

I talk with unsaved people all the time and they understand how a kingdom can be spiritual as Christ taught, they just don't believe he was God. But evangelicals think I'm crazy for thinking the kingdom and reign is spiritual, and they claim to believe in God.
 I don't get it.  )Say_what(

Exactly. Worse, they don't believe the Scriptures you will quote to them proving what you are saying is true. They hold their traditions up over the word of God as their truth, and biblical truth is subject to what they have learned from their teachers, TV Evangelists and authors.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]