[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Are Parents to Blame for Christianity's Decline?  (Read 1436 times)

Rose

• De 8:8 "A land of oil olive, and honey.."
Re: Are Parents to Blame for Christianity's Decline?
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2018, 10:16:32 AM »

Anything free or readable online?
"I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys." - S.O.S. 2:1

Diane Moody

• The Kingdom is Within You
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2018, 12:42:05 PM »
>>>
Tony, there is a difference between training versus discipline.
<<<

Sometimes. Other times disciplining is training.

Mama Thank You For Disciplining Me

That's the message I gave to my Momma as well. Sad there's very little chance of this tradition continuing.

Theo

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2018, 06:56:39 PM »

That's the message I gave to my Momma as well. Sad there's very little chance of this tradition continuing.

My comment is a little off topic, but don't you just hate Pop-Ups? I was reading this and all of a sudden my screen was blocked by a Pop-Up ad. It seems every Christian site you go to these days has these darn pop-ups and it's so annoying. Makes me want to just leave then and there. Do I need patience? I guess.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2018, 09:41:42 AM »
Do I need patience?

Yes. Sites aren't free, they need to be paid for. And also, you could use a spirit that doesn't judge. Parents, Dispensationalists, Bart Ehrman, whatever.

Clifford Grodin

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2018, 10:52:18 PM »
It seems every Christian site you go to these days has these darn pop-ups and it's so annoying.

Not this one.

Clifford Grodin

• Obviously I'm a Novice

Russell Lloyd

• Always Learning
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2018, 06:24:23 AM »
And also, you could use a spirit that doesn't judge. Parents, Dispensationalists, Bart Ehrman, whatever.

A spirit that doesn't judge is the reason that the church is failing and parents have backslided, Dispensationalists rule and Bart Ehrman debates in seminaries.

Proverbs 31:9 "Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy.'

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2018, 04:09:12 PM »
>>>

<<<

That does seem to be the path that the world, as well as the church is on. I would only suggest that Christians do not defer to give timely thanks for their Godly discipline. To parents, Guardians and God.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2018, 04:12:24 PM »
And also, you could use a spirit that doesn't judge. Parents, Dispensationalists, Bart Ehrman, whatever.

A spirit that doesn't judge is the reason that the church is failing and parents have backslided, Dispensationalists rule and Bart Ehrman debates in seminaries.

...and all God's people said,  A M E N !

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2018, 04:00:02 PM »
My comment is a little off topic, but don't you just hate Pop-Ups?

Yes!

It seems every Christian site you go to these days has these darn pop-ups and it's so annoying.

Not this one.  ;)

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2018, 11:13:48 AM »
I somewhat agree with Betty. I really don't think that there is any evidence that parents are to blame for Christianity's decline.

&TY  There also is no evidence of the Church's decline. That's a myth conjured up by conservative Christians to justify their attacks on the church.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2018, 03:28:38 PM »
There also is no evidence of the Church's decline.

)S_Confused(  No Evidence?

Mt 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand: )

Whosoever reads, let him or her understand. I understand that many see the abominations standing in the holy place as liberated women, love and progressive thinking. That's what they see, but that's not what is.

That's a myth conjured up by conservative Christians to justify their attacks on the church.

The attacks on the church are by liberal Christians changing times and laws, and by conservative Christians rooted in this physical world and its kingdoms. Not by Bible believing Christians who read and understand that abominations that lead to desolation.

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2018, 03:53:04 PM »
There also is no evidence of the Church's decline.

)S_Confused(  No Evidence?

Mt 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand: )

No, no evidence  )Say_what( That's not evidence, that's a bible passage.

That's a myth conjured up by conservative Christians to justify their attacks on the church.

The attacks on the church are by liberal Christians changing times and laws, and by conservative Christians rooted in this physical world and its kingdoms. Not by Bible believing Christians who read and understand that abominations that lead to desolation.

That's your opinion, not evidence. Why don't you and Erik actually give evidence instead of your personal views. You're as bad as Paul.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2018, 04:42:12 PM »
No, no evidence   That's not evidence, that's a bible passage.

So a bible passage, that we testified, which is directly from God Himself is not considered an evidence to you? No wondering that you cannot receive the Truth. 

2 Thessalonians 2:9-11
[9]  Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
[10]  And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
[11]  And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]