[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Is the Nature of People Changing?  (Read 381 times)

Manuel

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Is the Nature of People Changing?
« on: March 30, 2018, 07:04:30 AM »
 )anyone(
Do you ever get the feeling that people are changing fundamentally? I mean their personality, their morally acuity and even maybe changing spiritually? It seems to me that people are less analytical, balanced and cogent than they use to be. I talk to people and they appear less tolerant and more angry and inflexible. You know, easily swayed by things that aren't even reasonable to believe. Or is it just me? Could be I'm just paranoid, but I'm just saying, sometimes I wonder what's going on in the world with people.  )confused-2(

Eugene Coburn

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: Is the Nature of People Changing?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 09:46:12 AM »
Man's nature doesn't change until he becomes saved, so I would say no.

Jon Thomas

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 02:06:51 PM »
Are you talking about spiritual degeneracy? If you are, then yes I've noticed it. But I don't think that has anything to do with a changing nature, but perhaps with changing morality, ethics and integrity. That happens as people move farther away from God and more toward depending upon themselves.

Henry

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 04:05:29 PM »
Are you talking about spiritual degeneracy? If you are, then yes I've noticed it. But I don't think that has anything to do with a changing nature,

I agree. There is only one time that man's nature can change and that is when he goes from being carnal to being born of God a new man.

Eph. 4:24
"And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness."

Otherwise, man's nature doesn't change. I agree with Jon, there is changing morality, but man has always been desperately wicked. Perhaps God is loosing his restraint of wickedness, but man's still the same carnal beast.

Trevor

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 04:02:50 PM »
I agree. There is only one time that man's nature can change and that is when he goes from being carnal to being born of God a new man.

&TY It changes when the natural man is regenerated, but not when the world becomes more evil. That's just sovereign God allowing it as he did with Pharaoh of Egypt, the King of Babylon and Pilate.
A Mind For Truth
Dr. C. Trevor Bavinck
New York, NY

Tra Millwood

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 12:33:15 PM »
 )Goodpoint(

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]