[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: What is The Nature of Man?  (Read 2896 times)

Kevin Wright

• Always Reforming
Re: What is The Nature of Man?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2016, 07:42:09 AM »
 :iagree: Man's nature is totally depraved, which means that every faculty and righteous capability has become corrupted by sin. To say anything different is to challenge or deny God's word.

Kevin Wright

• Always Reforming
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2016, 07:44:47 AM »
No, he did not. It just sounds good to you or anyone who did not check with Scripture. Apostolic did not offer any Scripture for his position.  Therefore, his position already has been refuted by Scripture that Tony quoted.

)GoodPopst( Erik,
    He didn't offer any scripture because there is no scripture that says the nature of man is good or neutral. This teaching is not justified by any scripture.

Laura Tomlinson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2016, 10:19:07 AM »
The nature of man is free will. Man's nature is dependent upon his choices to do good or evil. Some will do evil and some will do good. There is no one nature fits all.

Isn't that Pelagianism or its near kin?  From what I read, Pelagianism is completely incompatible with the Bible.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2016, 05:02:38 AM »
The nature of man is free will. Man's nature is dependent upon his choices to do good or evil. Some will do evil and some will do good. There is no one nature fits all.

Isn't that Pelagianism or its near kin?  From what I read, Pelagianism is completely incompatible with the Bible.

True Laura, and also, the nature of man is not free will either. Apostolic is wrong in his beliefs about man's will being free, about only some being evil, and about his ability to perform supernatural miracles.

Apostolic

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2018, 06:14:46 PM »
Apostolic is wrong in his beliefs about man's will being free, about only some being evil, and about his ability to perform supernatural miracles.

Why are you always talking trash and throwing shade? If Christians couldn't do miracles, God wouldn't have said we would do miracles. That's something you cannot deny that God said, and so I lean on scripture about that.

Second, without free will how can you have bondage of the will. You're being contradictory.

And last but not least, only some are evil, or else god wouldn't have called some men righteous. So the bible proves you wrong again. Three for three. Your nature may be to do evil (according to you), but not all.

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2018, 05:56:41 AM »
If Christians couldn't do miracles, God wouldn't have said we would do miracles. That's something you cannot deny that God said, and so I lean on scripture about that.

That's actually a good point. The bible does make that promise.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2018, 01:55:37 PM »
Apostolic is wrong in his beliefs about man's will being free, about only some being evil, and about his ability to perform supernatural miracles.

Why are you always talking trash and throwing shade? If Christians couldn't do miracles, God wouldn't have said we would do miracles. That's something you cannot deny that God said, and so I lean on scripture about that.

Second, without free will how can you have bondage of the will. You're being contradictory.

And last but not least, only some are evil, or else god wouldn't have called some men righteous. So the bible proves you wrong again. Three for three. Your nature may be to do evil (according to you), but not all.

All I see is your personal opinion without Scripture support.  Can't you actually open the Bible and quote a verse that supports your position? 
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Dan

• Dan the Man
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2018, 09:11:59 AM »
You keep asking where is scripture. I think apostolic gave reference when he said If Christians couldn't do miracles, God wouldn't have said we would do miracles. Did God say that or not?

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2018, 07:36:36 PM »
You keep asking where is scripture. I think apostolic gave reference when he said If Christians couldn't do miracles, God wouldn't have said we would do miracles. Did God say that or not?

What you "think" is not good enough. You need to show us the Scripture where "apostolic gave reference".  Prove it, else you do not know what you are talking about. 
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Manuel

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2018, 11:42:47 AM »
Actually I think he did give scripture when he said God said we would do miracles. God did say that. Look it up in Mark.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]