[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Should Christians Wear Yoga Pants?  (Read 4622 times)

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
Re: Should Christians Wear Yoga Pants?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 10:45:51 PM »
 &TY A couple of good links there Erik. I think I will pass a couple of them on.

Reuben

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 06:02:41 AM »
I don't see anything wrong with Yoga pants if they are not to tight.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 08:43:17 AM »
The issue here is not yoga pants, but the principle of the matter. The pants are skin tight. You can see every curve of my lower body. Not only is it attractive to my husband, but from several informal interviews, comments, and input from other men, it's a recurring blind spot with Christian women everywhere. It’s about how hot I look, or how I want to dress, regardless of what anybody thinks. by Phylicia Delta

http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/apologetics/should-women-wear-yoga-pants.shtml

That Day I Wore Yoga Pants: 5 Myths About Modesty

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 09:23:57 AM »
Glad to help, Reformer.

Here is a good article from modest mom:

http://www.themodestmomblog.com/2012/07/why-i-wear-skirts-all-the-time/

And here are more modest stores:

http://www.modestapparelusa.com/
http://www.shabbyapple.com/
http://www.modestclothes.com/
https://modli.co/

And here is the western style and religious style directory of modest stores/shops:

http://www.modestclothes.com/

So Betty, you see there are indeed MANY stores out there who will provide modest clothing for Christ-mind women and girls, therefore your claim on "200 years old western style"or not in style today are nothing but EXCUSES!  The real problem is that you are allowing the world to define your style in defiant to what Scripture's guidelines for women clearly stated. It all comes down to who you really serve.

1 Timothy Chapter 2:9-10
9 - In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
10 -  But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

Romans 12:2
12 - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

The yoga pant is NOT modest apparel, no matter how hard you try to justify it. 

Erik
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Sue Landow

• Gold Member
  • Distributing to the saints & given to Hospitality.
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 10:34:22 AM »
 &TY  You Guys are AWESOME!
"And again he said, Whereunto shall I liken the kingdom of God? It is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened". Luke 13:20-21

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2017, 10:02:18 AM »
>> Should Christians Wear Yoga Pants?

The answer is no. At least not outside of the bedroom with her husband. Not if the woman wants to abide by God's laws concerning modesty.

Red

• Galatians 2:16
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2017, 07:50:45 AM »
I would ask my sisters in Christ one question~Do you want your brothers to sin? I believe the answer is no, then I would say, do your part as a godly woman and help your brothers out by dressing as a woman that profess godliness. Godly men live in a body of sin and death and nothing is more pleasing to our eyes than a beautiful well favor woman. We NEED your help, the world will not help us but only they entice us more.
Should Christians Wear Yoga Pants?
No. Save yourself for your husband's eyes, you just might reap the benefit of doing so!
"And he shewed me a pure river of water, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb."~Revelation 22:1

In the world to come~there WILL BE "pure pleasures"~river/tree=all that is needed to sustain us Forever! Joy, peace, etc.

Stan Pat

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2017, 09:31:21 AM »
 :iagree:

Rich Aikers

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2017, 09:09:54 AM »

:idonotagree:
There's nothing wrong with wearing Yoga pants in public or in private. People just don't like seeing women, especially women who are overweight, in these pants. But that's on them, women should not be condemned because men are dirty minded.  Men just want to blame women because they don't want to admit their own sin, that they are the ones lusting after women's bodies. So they blame the women.

Come on ladies. Since Yoga pants and tight leggings are very clearly designed to reveal hug every curve, crack and feature of the woman’s form, they are inappropriate for any Bible-believing Christian to wear in public. Unless you are simply predisposed to believe otherwise, Yoga pants in public is clearly a temptation to men. Is it God's will that women tempt men to lust after her with the excuse it's their fault?  Those who say that this is the man's fault and problem are correct of course. But that doesn't absolve or free the woman from sin either. That's like saying that if I walk down the highway naked and someone drives off the road because they look at me, it's not my fault. Well, yes, it is. So the "it's their sin" argument is a misnomer. It's sin on both parties.

Walt Lee

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2017, 11:12:44 AM »
And what is with the tight maternity dresses? What's the purpose? Women, Please tell me! What's this obsession with tight clothing?

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2017, 02:16:59 PM »
With Yoga pants, there is nothing left to the imagination, and I mean nothing. How any Christian could think this appropriate is beyond my comprehension, and yet I read article after article defending Christians wearing these pants in public. And Betty, here's a scripture for you and those liberal Christians who have begun to think like you.

Ro 14:13
Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

God instructs us to be very cautious in the use of our Christian liberty, because to use what you may perceive as Christian liberty when it is obviously an occasion for your brother to stumble and sin is in itself sin. A violation of God's word.

Red

• Galatians 2:16
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2017, 04:29:36 PM »
With Yoga pants, there is nothing left to the imagination, and I mean nothing.
Brother, you know who really is pushing such things? Women who are Sodomites mainly, and then women and men who have no fear of God or regard for his commandments. Sodomites (men and women) are ALWAYS forerunners of setting the standards for our society that straight men and women follow later on. I have seen these trends for many years.
"And he shewed me a pure river of water, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb."~Revelation 22:1

In the world to come~there WILL BE "pure pleasures"~river/tree=all that is needed to sustain us Forever! Joy, peace, etc.

Kira

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2017, 07:29:38 AM »
Personally, I side with the article by Phylicia Delta, especially when she said: “Women cannot blame men for what we instigate, and it is time for women of God to start acknowledging our responsibility in this matter, taking up our cross, and honoring God with our dress.” I couldn't agree more. Today women seem more intent on blaming men for their sins, but overlooking their own sins. This has come out even more now with this "me too" movement going. Again, I'm not excusing men, just saying that there is another side to the coin.
K I R A 

Laura Tomlinson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2017, 06:03:07 PM »

For Biblical women who take modesty seriously, I would suggest the "Reformed Women" Website.

https://reformedwomen.wordpress.com/what-is-a-reformedwomen/

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]