[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Christians Feel four of the Ten Commandments are no Longer Important!  (Read 173 times)

Mila Ostrovsky

• Obviously I'm a Novice

2 days ago a poll was taken and it was found that Christians believe there should only be six commandments. The poll shows that Christians feel four of the ten are no longer important.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/25/six-commandments-christians-feel-four-ten-no-longer-important/

This was only 2 days ago! What do you think?

aquatic

Re: Christians Feel four of the Ten Commandments are no Longer Important!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 12:07:37 PM »
What was the sample size? The poll was conducted in England, which has been reported to have a decrease in Christianity. I'm not surprised

If a poll was taken worldwide the results would show that all ten are important. However, many Christian's words are opposite of their deeds.

This should not alarm us. 2 Timothy:3

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 01:51:07 PM »
What was the sample size? The poll was conducted in England, which has been reported to have a decrease in Christianity. I'm not surprised

I'm sorry but we don't need a poll to know that Christianity (the real kind) is declining everywhere. Apostasy knows no international boundaries. When the falling away starts, it's universal. Do you think English Christians are so much different from the US ones? If so, you're kidding yourself. Human nature is Human nature, and when Satan is loosed he's not loosed only in England. England was once a haven of Christianity, just like the US once was, but look at us both now? Neither are Christlike, neither are upholding the tenants of true Christianity, neither are honest, neither hold onto the authority of scripture, and neither have integrity anymore. It's not about where the church is, it's about what the church is. You can't always separate people and believe that will make your side better. It's about failing doctrine in the church universal, not separation. This is caused by universal unfaithfulness, not "those people" being unfaithful. Christians have to look in a mirror, rather than at other countries as the problem. And that is something they seldom do.

The four which have fallen by the wayside are the requirement not to worship idols, use the Lord's name in vain, to worship no other God, and to keep the Sabbath day holy.

This quote is a good example, because either England or the USA, we're all the same people. Apostasy doesn't discriminate by nation. These are all the exact same problems we have here among professing Christians. Today in the US, Christians have themselves, politicians, angels, ideologies, their ministers, their church, and their monuments and traditions as benefactors of their idolatry. So are we any better than England at not worshiping idols? Idolatry comes in many different forms. In the U.S. we hear Christians take the Lord's name in vain every single day of the week, and how is that here any better than England? If I hear another Christian say God, Oh God, Good God, Good Lord, Jesus Christ, or any number of other vanities in this frivolous way, I think my head will explode. In the US, Christians trust in their money, swords and churches or as their god, so how is that any different from England wanting to void the law of not serving false gods. And here we have everything open on Sunday now, where everything use to be closed on Sunday. And Christians love to have it so. Do you think we honor and keep the Sabbath holy any more than England? No, the U.S Christian is no better than the English Christian, is no better than the Spanish Christian, is no better than the Canadian Christian. The whole church is falling away, not specifically England. The growing apostasy I see there is the same growing apostasy I see here. It's not us against them, it's us against us.

Mt 10:35
For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Who said, "we have seen the enemy and the enemy is ourselves?" ...or something like that.

Russell Lloyd

• Always Learning
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 04:51:44 PM »

2 days ago a poll was taken and it was found that Christians believe there should only be six commandments. The poll shows that Christians feel four of the ten are no longer important.

This was only 2 days ago! What do you think?

What do I think? The 6 Commandments, 5 deadly sins, 4 points of Calvinism, what next? 2 Thousand year millennium? Is there no adherence to scripture anymore?

ZeroCool

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 12:25:11 AM »

Another article on the poll.

https://www.premier.org.uk/News/UK/Most-Britons-only-care-about-six-of-the-Ten-Commandments

I agree with Reformer. It's the same attitude that is here in this country. The church is becoming more and more like everyone else in the world. They think their only job is to be civil and not commit crimes. Worshiping, reverencing or serving one god has become obsolete.  No different than here.

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 11:14:40 AM »
>>>
It's not about where the church is, it's about what the church is.
<<<

True. For while the church has always had low periods, pockets of apostasy, false teachers and pretenders, in the end it is a universal apostasy or abandonment biblical principles and laws. Christianity is in decline everywhere, and the places where Christianity is alleged to be growing, is a brand of Christianity that is no Christianity.  I believe that Satan being loosed is what determines what the church universal is at that time. Because Satan is loosed by God for a reason.  There is never an end of true believers, but like Israel (the old congregation of God) before it, the New Testament congregation is destined for the same destitution or desolation because of its abominations. And that for the exact same reasons. Unbelief on a universal or corporate scale is that declension that knows no international boundaries, respects no borders and heeds no counsels or warnings.

Revelation 2:5
  • "Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent."

To me it is about what the church is or has become universally, so it's about a universal church that has forgotten its first love, and that has made friends with the world, and has lost its way. It's about rebellion throughout God's house, it's about fallen stars, it's about [aggelos] of the kingdom of heaven fallen to the earth. The end result of such strong delusion is (Like Israel before) having the church of the [aggelos] removed out of its place.  God's congregation was judged and destroyed many times, but God's elect of that congregation were not.

>>>
You can't always separate people and believe that will make your side better. It's about failing doctrine in the church universal, not separation. This is caused by universal unfaithfulness, not "those people" being unfaithful. Christians have to look in a mirror, rather than at other countries as the problem. And that is something they seldom do.
<<<

I don't see how the morality here is any better than the morality in England, or the people here any better than the people there, or the church here is any better than the church there. At least no more than Egypt f old was better than Babylon. It is true that there is a great divide, but it isn't between our churches and the churches over seas, it's between the Spirits of God's [aggelos] and the spirits of the [aggelos] of the Devil universally. The church is one house called by God's name, but within it there are enemies working against each other. And I don't have to tell you (from one perspective) who may "appear" to be winning. Yet appearances are deceiving, especially with Satan the great deceiver, because the wars is not over between battles, but at the end of conflict.

The bottom line is, there are all kinds of professing Christians that other Christians deem acceptable to God, but not all are Christians in God's eyes. No one in the church is really getting away with anything, nor pulling the wool over God's eyes, or fooling God by calling themselves Christian, or by giving lip service to declaring that God is Lord. These who fall away never have forgiveness, for as a dog returning to their own vomit, so they return to their own true carnal nature. It is the word of God, the law, that testifies against them.

Matthew 7:22-23
  • "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
  • And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."
Matthew 25:11-12
  • "Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
  • But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not."
Luke 6:46
  • "And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?"

Every Christian says "Lord, Lord," but the distasteful or unpalatable truth is that many (or most) say it in vain. I agree, the apostasy is a creeping vine that is in every corner and quarter of the earth.

PS. How interesting is it that it appears from this poll that the very commandments of God that has become less important or relevant to most professing Christians, are the commandments that are the root and basis of a true personal and right relationship with God. In other words, the ones that would reveal within us our actual love, veneration, devotion and, reverence to His person. The others are laws that even most civil unbelievers might agree are beneficial. Thy shalt not kill, thy shalt not steal, etc. So, they just take the true veneration of the One God out of the equasion. They are rejecting that exalting, hallowing, revering, glorifying, adoring, apotheosizing, honoring or treasuring Him as the only God to receive as Lord, not really important. Just live by being nice to everyone, respecting their beliefs, and you have the modern progressive, commandment chopping, Christians of liberty of today.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]