[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Job 1:6 - Satan Among the Sons of God  (Read 1553 times)

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
Re: Job 1:6 - Satan Among the Sons of God
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2017, 03:45:42 PM »
>>>
Tony, can you explain your belief on where Satan comes from and when/where God created him? 
<<<

Satan is a created spirit, but I don't know where or when. All we know is that he was preordained and came upon the scene to deal with mankind in the garden of Eden and has been active as the adversary with him ever since.

That is what I am thinking too because I was not able to find anything in Scripture on where Satan came from.  I have been dealing with many people who believe that before God created man, in the beginning, Satan once held the highest position next to God as "good archangel" before he fell. Admittedly, I once taught this before God revealed the truth to me concerning Revelation 12 and Job 1:6-7.

Sadly, many people are starting to looking into space for signs of Christ's coming rather than discern the spiritual condition of the churches today.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2017, 09:44:52 AM »
>>>
Sometimes we try to read too much into what the scriptures or verse is saying instead of just taking God's word at its face value.
<<<

I wholeheartedly agree. And the difference between taking the Scriptures at face value and reading into the Scriptures, is illustrated in accepting the literal translation of the word [aggelos] meaning messenger, and anglicizing the word (as opposed to actually translating it) by reading into it that it is a supernatural being from heaven. That's like taking the Spanish noun [el mensajero] and claiming it means a heavenly being. That's decidedly not correct. Selah!

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Rupert

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2017, 01:03:18 PM »
 :Goodpoint: makes perfect sense Tony.

Doug Johnson

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2017, 06:41:55 PM »

So Tony, you're right and every translator except a few are wrong in translating the word angel? I find that hard to believe.

The One True Holy Catholic Church of Jesus Christ and the Apostles creed teaches that angels are pure created spirits in heaven. The Old Testament theology included the belief in angels, which is the name applied to certain spiritual beings and intelligences of heavenly residence, employed by God as the ministers of His will.

If you like readiong Tony's ideas, you might want to read an alternative view.

http://www.ewtn.com/library/MARY/FICFACT.htm

Peng Bao

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2017, 09:01:34 AM »
Fiction: The word "angel" itself means something that's very good or holy.

Fact: "Angel" comes from a Greek word that was translated from the Hebrew. It means "messenger." The word doesn't describe what these beings are, but what they do
Source: http://www.ewtn.com/library/MARY/FICFACT.htm

Even in your Roman Catholic fiction there is some truth Doug.  Your Catholic fiction and fact, in fact proves Tony's point rather than yours. In other words, they are messengers. That's what the word is and that's what they do. That's what we do also. That's why there are good and bad messengers of God. Not because they are from heaven, but because they are from earth.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]