[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Why Callest Thou Me Good? - Mark 10:18  (Read 224 times)

George

• I'm a llama!
Re: Why Callest Thou Me Good? - Mark 10:18
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2017, 03:30:58 PM »
Melanie, what are you doing? Please stop. No one cares but you have to just keep plugging away.

Jon Thomas, are you saying that anyone who believes Jesus is the savior but not God is a heretic?

Why do so many of you want to call any disagreement a heresy?

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2017, 03:39:43 PM »
No, not necessarily. There are different viewpoints.

My view exactly. Why is Melanie revisiting the subject anyway? No one's opinion has changed. Jesus is still God, but there are different opinions. That doesn't make them non Christians.

Joe Johnson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2017, 01:12:04 PM »
 :iagree: What does heresy even mean today? You can actually say every church member practices heresy if you want according to some here. Because they think their word is the final word on doctrine. Someone even said that we are heretics because of our stance on Israel. That word shouldn't even be used with regard to brothers in the church. Because no one is perfect.

Reformed Baptist

• Reformed Baptists
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2017, 03:43:13 PM »
No, not necessarily. There are different viewpoints.

My view exactly. Why is Melanie revisiting the subject anyway? No one's opinion has changed.

:offtopic: How about staying on topic, which is Why Callest Thou Me Good? - Mark 10:18. If he's not God, why would any Christian call him good? They above all men know that there is none that is good except God.

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:" Romans 3:10

As for heresy, it seems in your Aminianist world there is no such thing, but in the world of faithful bible believing Christians, God divinely inspired the word translated heresy for a reason. So we would realize that there is such a thing and mark and avoid such pretenders to the crown. As you've already been told, if Jesus is not God, how is he the savior and how is he good? Why does NeutralZone call him good if he is not God? he same question that Jesus asked. Do you think maybe he's trying to tell them something? If he's good, he's god! Can a mere man save from the second death? Can an angel? No, only God can.

"I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no savior." Isaiah 3:11

Or why call Jesus Savior? There is no Savior but God. No not one. Only God is the savior.

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." Acts 4:12

Is that a contradiction in God's word or is that declaring that Jesus is God, the Savior? Wouldn't that then mean that someone declaring he was not God and yet could save, preaching heresy? I mean in a world where heresy actually exists.   :thinker:

Joanne

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #64 on: Today at 07:25:14 PM »
As for heresy, it seems in your Aminianist world there is no such thing, but in the world of faithful bible believing Christians, God divinely inspired the word translated heresy for a reason. So we would realize that there is such a thing and mark and avoid such pretenders to the crown.

Not just Joe's Arminian world, but this is also a problem in the Reformed world. It appears there is no such thing as heresy anymore since there isn't one single doctrine that anyone is willing to call heresy. Not even denial of the trinity or denial that Jesus is God come in the flesh. We live in a world of no judgment against any doctrine and ecumenism gone wild. I for one don't think that is the Christian world Christ wants but it is the one the church wants.  :baghead:

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]