[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: 1 thess 3:13 help  (Read 2196 times)

larry

1 thess 3:13 help
« on: October 31, 2006, 10:10:39 PM »
Hi All

Someone in e-mail presented the following scripture to provide evidence Jesus and his chosen ones will come to reign on earth in Jerusalem.  This will take place in the future literal 1000 year reign.

1 Thess 3:13

13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints. KJV

Can I get some input on this scripture? Thanks before time

Larry

Bradley

Re: 1 thess 3:13 help
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 12:54:01 PM »
>>>Hi All

Someone in e-mail presented the following scripture to provide evidence Jesus and his chosen ones will come to reign on earth in Jerusalem.  This will take place in the future literal 1000 year reign.

1 Thess 3:13

13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints. KJV

Can I get some input on this scripture? Thanks before time

Larry<<<

Hey Larry,

We are currently reigning with Christ at this time.

1 Corinthians 4:8Now ye are full, now ye are rich, ye have reigned as kings without us: and I would to God ye did reign, that we also might reign with you.

We are full and we are rich in Christ through the Truth of His wisdom and knowledge.  Our reign is a spiritual reign, and not an earthly reign.

Colossians 2:2-3
2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;
3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Colossians 2:6-9
6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, [so] walk ye in him:
7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Don't be spoiled with the philosophy of an earthly kingdom.  The Kingdom is from above, in Christ, and we are to enter into His Kingdom by walking in the Spirit.  We are complete in Him and all of our authority dwells within Him.

Colossians 2:9-12
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with [him] through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Colossians 3:1-4
1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4 When Christ, [who is] our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

As Christ reigns, so do we reign, because our lives are hidden in Him.  When He returns in all of His glory, we will return with Him, because our lives are hidden in Him. 

Bradley

larry

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 06:26:23 PM »
Hi All

I didnít make myself clear which is not uncommon. I realize we are in the millennium now which era began at the Lord's first advent and will continue on down to his second coming.

The kingdom of God is a present reality with a future hope at the consummation. Those in the Kingdom rule over death because they are in Christ
the king giving them spiritual life, or a favorable condition with God.

There is not a one and a half coming of Christ. Christ came the first time as the spotless Lamb to die on the cross for his people and He will return for the second, and last time with all his saints

So allow me rephrase me question, Christ comes back to earth at his second coming with all his saints. What is the purpose of Christ returning with the saints to earth? And if the second coming is only to meet the Lord in the air, why bring the saints along. Iím sure I am missing keys somewhere as I always do with my car.

As Christ reigns, so do we reign, because our lives are hidden in Him.  When He returns in all of His glory, we will return with Him, because our lives are hidden in Him

Let me see if I am reading this comment correctly and if this is the key to the question. Just as we are in Christ sitting in the heavenly realm now (not literally), the same applies when we are in heaven and Christ comes in his glory the concept does not change. In other words we are still in Christ in heaven because we received eternal life from him.

So in other words the saints donít literally come with Christ in his second coming, as they are not literally in heaven now while alive on earth. So no matter what is the case we will constantly hidden in the Lord whether here or there. Am I going off the deep end with this? If not maybe someone could revise it in terms easily understood so it stays clear in my head.

Thanks Larry

Bradley

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 10:14:58 PM »
>>>So allow me rephrase me question, Christ comes back to earth at his second coming with all his saints. What is the purpose of Christ returning with the saints to earth? And if the second coming is only to meet the Lord in the air, why bring the saints along.<<<

All the saints will not be physically present with the Lord, even though they are spiritually present with the Lord.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

We will also need to shed our corruption.

1 Corinthians 15:51-52
49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Bradley

andreas

• Gold Member
  • Helpless, look to Thee for grace
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 01:19:01 AM »
<<<So allow me rephrase me question, Christ comes back to earth at his second coming with all his saints. What is the purpose of Christ returning with the saints to earth? And if the second coming is only to meet the Lord in the air, why bring the saints along>>>

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thes. 4.

The coming of the Lord is described and it is an obvious, visible coming ,just as, 

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Matthew 24.

And what is the first thing to happen?  The dead in Christ will rise..

The spirits of the dead are coming with Christ, and, their bodies rise from the graves. After the reuniting of body and soul is complete ,the living are transformed.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.1 Cornthians 15.

We are all translated,so that both the living and the dead now come together to meet Christ in the air, never again to be separated from the Lord. 

andreas.
kai ean diabainhs diĘ udatos meta sou eimi kai potamoi ou sugklusousin se kai ean dielqhs dia puros ou mh katakauqhs flox ou katakausei Isaiah 43:2

Bradley

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 12:45:04 PM »
Thanks Andreas,

Here are a few more passages to add . . .

1 Thessalonians 3:13
13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

2 Thessalonians 1:6-10
6 Seeing [it is] a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

2 Thessalonians 2:1
1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and [by] our gathering together unto him,

Matthew 24:30-31
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31† And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Bradley

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]