[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: The Banner of Roman Catholicism  (Read 9988 times)

Dustin

• My Grace Is Sufficient
Re: The Banner of Roman Catholicism
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2011, 07:07:59 AM »
Don't you think that you are being a little hard on Roman Catholicism?

How So? By examining their doctrines and warning the easily duped of it's twisted and bankrupt character? Or by quoting their own Holy Grail of Church doctrine?

What would you have me do, say "this is the true Church," or give false comfort saying "Peace, Peace, when there is no Peace?" There is no Peace!

Like most of the Church, tip toeing around and some even joining forces saying outright that they are a part of the one Church. Which means that their one Church is different from God's one Church, and they both will come to the same end. Because God only has one Church, and it is not under the mantle of Roman Catholicism.

2 Corinthians 6:17 "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you."

God wants us to be separate from the corrupters, world, the unfaithful Church and all her corrupting influences. Nowhere does it read, join with her, be gracious to her, call her a Church and I will receive you. But this is what is happening.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • Psalms 52:8
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2016, 02:48:27 AM »
2 Corinthians 6:17 "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you."

God wants us to be separate from the corrupters, world, the unfaithful Church and all her corrupting influences. Nowhere does it read, join with her, be gracious to her, call her a Church and I will receive you. But this is what is happening.

Roman Catholicism can in no way be accepted as part of the true church. Isn't that why the Reformers spoke out against her and reestablished the faithful church? Because they couldn't accept the catholic church's doctrines as being acceptable to God? Isn't that why we aren't members of the Roman Catholic Church, we recognize it as a false teaching and false system? How then can we with the same mouth claim or believe it is also still the church? To me, that makes no sense. If it is still a church of Christ, then why come out of it, we should join it or remain in it. So those Christians who say they still believe it's still the church and shouldn't be condemned are being inconsistent and confusing.

Doug Johnson

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2016, 07:06:27 AM »
Roman Catholicism can in no way be accepted as part of the true church. Isn't that why the Reformers spoke out against her and reestablished the faithful church?

They never established a faithful church, and for the most part they were kicked out for heresy, they didn't leave the One Holy Catholic, and Apostolic Church. They were excommunicated.

Puritan Heart

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2016, 07:31:05 AM »
Roman Catholicism can in no way be accepted as part of the true church. Isn't that why the Reformers spoke out against her and reestablished the faithful church?

They never established a faithful church, and for the most part they were kicked out for heresy, they didn't leave the One Holy Catholic, and Apostolic Church. They were excommunicated.

Greetings Doug,

I am assuming from your rather vehement opposition to what was said and your support of the Roman Catholic church, that you indeed are a practitioner of her teachings.... is that correct ??

If so, please might I ask that, in your time, you prayerfully view the following video.  It is rather lengthy, but I found it very informative.

list=PLRAdAd6Dv5_-gKsG3_7ab-iEdsc2G7S9q

Should you take the time to view it, I look forward to reading any of your comments.

Alexandra
Habakkuk 3: 17 - 19

Puritan Heart

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2016, 07:36:15 AM »
Hello again Doug,

Herewith another link to numerous articles related to the differences between the Roman Catholic Church and that of the Protestant or Reformed views.

http://www.proclaimingthegospel.org/site/cpage.asp?cpage_id=180066646&sec_id=180014816

I have read many although not all.

Once again, any comments you might wish to offer would be welcome to us  :)

In Christ,

Alexandra
Habakkuk 3: 17 - 19

Doug Johnson

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2016, 10:44:24 AM »
Hello again Doug,

Herewith another link to numerous articles related to the differences between the Roman Catholic Church and that of the Protestant or Reformed views.

Alexandra

I know the difference between the One holy Catholic and Apostolic church and all the other sects. The difference is we have one church, all preaching the same thing, rather than a hundred different sects all preaching different doctrines, ideas and no leader divinely inspired of God.  A Catholic refers to a Christian who follows the Roman Catholic religion as transmitted through the succession of the divine Popes of Rome and the Vatican down through history. The Pope is the undisputed leader of the Roman Catholic church, which is the largest of the Christian Churches. In fact, about 70% of all Christians are Roman Catholic. Do you know the difference?

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2016, 11:08:55 AM »
The Pope is the undisputed leader of the Roman Catholic church, which is the largest of the Christian Churches. In fact, about 70% of all Christians are Roman Catholic. Do you know the difference?

I do. Fundamentally it is this. That our church leans upon the authority of God's word for doctrine, reproof, correction and instruction in righteousness, and the Catholic church leans upon itself, the man you call pope, and your tradition. All things Christ himself warned against through his word.

Of course, if you don't accept his word as authoritative over the Pope's word, which you obviously don't, then it doesn't really matter what scripture says. That's the fundamental difference!

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2016, 02:26:12 PM »
In fact, about 70% of all Christians are Roman Catholic. Do you know the difference?

I do. Fundamentally it is this. That our church leans upon the authority of God's word for doctrine

Of course, if you don't accept his word as authoritative over the Pope's word, which you obviously don't, then it doesn't really matter what scripture says. That's the fundamental difference!

...and all God's people said,  A M E N !

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2016, 06:52:32 AM »
In fact, about 70% of all Christians are Roman Catholic. Do you know the difference?

I do. Fundamentally it is this. That our church leans upon the authority of God's word for doctrine

...and all God's people said,  A M E N !

:ditto:  And thank you Reformer for telling it like it is!

Melanie

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2017, 02:02:28 AM »
 :iagree:  &TY  :amen:

Melanie

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2017, 04:43:12 PM »
 As I have grown in the word I have come to realize that many of those condeming Catholics will themselves be condemed to hell.

That is the only part of your post that I think is true. Likewise there will be many who are apologists for Roman Catholicism that will themselves be condemned to hell. The bottom line is this. You can't make Roman Catholicism the church of Christ, because its contrary to the teachings and doctrines of Christ. God condemns Roman Catholicism, not us. Its doctrines are not only futile and graceless, but its whole congregation Biblically comparable to harlotry. So why would any self respecting Christian make apology for the church of Rome?

He has saved Catholics before.

Yes he has. By calling them out of Roman Catholicism.

Colleen

• I will make you free indeed
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2017, 02:09:11 AM »
He has saved Catholics before.

Yes he has. By calling them out of Roman Catholicism.

&TY
I Peter 2:9
"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light"

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2017, 01:15:00 AM »

Colleen, it's not your job to question the Catholic church. That is the job of God and he knows who are saved. He saved Barabbas he can surely save the Pope. I think the Reformed church bashes the Catholic church to make themselves feel better about their church's own short comings. Could be Protestants are jealous because they donít have a profound influence in the world anymore.

Matthew 7:1  BIBE
"Be not judges of others, and you will not be judged".

We are to be open minded to other religions and forgiving. Those who are really going by the teachings of Christ are not blind to Christ coming to other groups. At least the Catholic church feeds the poor, what does your church do?

Reggie Matthews

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2017, 05:55:56 PM »
Colleen, it's not your job to question the Catholic church.

If it's not the Christian's job to question the Catholic church, then who's job is it? Questions have to be asked concerning doctrine, and they are asked by people, not god.

1 Thess. 5:21
"Prove all things; hold fast that which is good."

Exactly how do you prove all things? It's by questioning teachings and comparing them with the teachings of Christ.

He saved Barabbas he can surely save the Pope.

The question of this thread is not about the salvation of the Pope, but the banner of Roman Catholicism. Is it a true church or a false church. We get our answer from the scriptures, not by judging who is saved or not.

I think the Reformed church bashes the Catholic church to make themselves feel better about their church's own short comings. Could be Protestants are jealous because they donít have a profound influence in the world anymore.

Neither does Roman Catholicism. And we're not jealous of unrighteousness, we bear witness to the word that condemns it.

"Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?" -Ecclesiastes 8:4

Kenneth White

• Thinking Christians, Intelligent Theology
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2017, 11:16:15 PM »
Colleen, it's not your job to question the Catholic church.

If it's not the Christian's job to question the Catholic church, then who's job is it? Questions have to be asked concerning doctrine, and they are asked by people, not god.

1 Thess. 5:21
"Prove all things; hold fast that which is good."

Exactly how do you prove all things? It's by questioning teachings and comparing them with the teachings of Christ.

:BibleRead:  :amen:
Proverbs 1:5-6 "A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels: To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings."

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]