[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Do Christians Receive Rewards for Works - 1st Corinthians 3:15  (Read 22519 times)

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • Psalms 52:8
Re: Do Christians Receive Rewards for Works - 1st Corinthians 3:15
« Reply #120 on: August 18, 2017, 09:06:36 AM »
Well, neither Charles Ryrie, Norman Geisler or John MacArthur share your of Tony Warren's unorthodox view of rewards.

They don't share your view of Dispensationalism either. So according to your criteria, that must mean your doctrine is wrong. Or else, you don't believe any of them teach the truth about eschatology. Which is it?  :Say_what:

You can't have it both ways.

:Goodpoint:

Beside, where is your scriptural support for special rewards for works?

I have heard this argued from crowns, from labors and from mansions and none of the scriptures they use could stand the scrutiny of consistency or of harmony with the rest of the Bible. Thus people resort to name dropping as their alternative proof.

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
Re: Do Christians Receive Rewards for Works - 1st Corinthians 3:15
« Reply #121 on: August 19, 2017, 08:56:00 AM »
>>>
Well, neither Charles Ryrie, Norman Geisler or John MacArthur share your or Tony Warren's unorthodox view of rewards.
<<<

You are in error thinking that consensus matters. If that were the case, then the 12 apostles would have remained in unbelief right along with the vast majority of the house of national Israel. But they had the same Spirit as the Bereans, an honest, more noble Spirit, to abandon the consensus of the time and embrace the actual word of God concerning matters. Consensus is not what God is after. So I'm not concerned with whether the beliefs of other theologians align with mine or not, but rather if mine aligns with the unadulterated word of God. That's what's important to me.

1st Corinthians 2:4
  • "And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
  • That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God."

The consensus in man's wisdom does not truth make, but the power of God is revealed in the unadulterated word of truth direct from the Lord's mouth. Meaning, if I can quote it, God said it and it cannot be righteously gainsaid or resisted.

>>>
 Just so Christians know, you can google Christian rewards in heaven and you will see that theologians don't buy into Tony Warren's views on this subject.
<<<

You can google Sovereignty and you will see that theologians don't buy into my views on this subject either. You can google Divorce and you will see that theologians don't buy into my views on this subject. You can google Free Will and you will see that theologians don't buy into my views on this subject. You can google Miracles today and you will see that theologians don't buy into my views on this subject. ...and on and on down the line. So what does that preove except consensus isn't worth the effort to amass  it.

Matthew 7:13-14
  • "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
  • Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

Consensus is the way to death. There are the many, and then there are the few. Many are called, but few are chosen. You can google the many, or you can read with the few the authoritative unadulterated word of God.

>>>
Are you telling me none of them read the bible nor know how to exegete?
<<<

No, I'm pretty sure they all probably read the words, but as far as actually hearing/accepting the words that they read, that may be another matter. I mean really, "you" read the words I quote to you directly from the Bible, and yet you still don't believe God is saying exactly what he said. So in truth, what does reading mean? The Scribes and Pharisees read, what did that mean? Nothing! Because they didn't understand what they were reading. The Spirit of God is the great Revelator, not I. And as far as knowing how to exegete what they read, without letting the Bible be its own interpreter by the Spirit of truth, they will never exegete or an expound correctly, and will never "allow" God to interpret His own word.

Genesis 40:8
  • "And they said unto him, We have dreamed a dream, and there is no interpreter of it. And Joseph said unto them, Do not interpretations belong to God? tell me them, I pray you."
Genesis 41:16
  • "And Joseph answered Pharaoh, saying, It is not in me: God shall give Pharaoh an answer of peace."

Same principle. It is not in me, or in other theologians, but it will be God who interprets apart from the will, bias and private opinions of man. No one can exegete properly without truly understanding this principle of leaning unto the authority of God's word for interpretation. Few do, many do not.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]