[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Trump's Thoughtless, Stupid and Dangerous Policies  (Read 4246 times)

Curtis

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: Trump's Thoughtless, Stupid and Dangerous Policies
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2017, 05:59:32 AM »

After careful consideration and reading this thread, I "think" I agree with the positions of Philly Dawg and Melanie, but just to be sure. You're not saying open the doors and let all muslims in are you?

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2017, 11:30:51 AM »

After careful consideration and reading this thread, I "think" I agree with the positions of Philly Dawg and Melanie, but just to be sure. You're not saying open the doors and let all muslims in are you?

No, of course not. Because that would be stupid. Despite what you might hear from the peanut gallery, the posters here are neither liberal nor stupid. Stupid is thinking we will make Americans safer by banning all Muslims from entering the country.

What we believe (and I think I can speak for the normal Christians here) is that there should be careful vetting of all immigrants entering this country, especially from countries like Syria, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, etc. That's what the Obama administration was doing before Trump decided to put on a big dog and pony show for the far-right. I certainly don't think we should open the flood gates, and that wasn't being done. I also don't think Muslim countries should be getting any special treatment above other countries with people who want to immigrate here. But what we are dead set against is this obvious despisal of certain groups of people by some people claiming they are Christian, and think their hatred is Christian. There is no room within Christianity for this racist, bigoted, "let's keep all Muslims, Africans, Filipinos, etc., out" movement from the far-right that demonstrates a lack of intellect. A few thousand Italians, a few thousand Syrians, a few thousand Asians, portuguese, Russians, a year, etc., I have no problem with. This country was built on that ever since we stole it from the native Americans. Should we change now because a segment of society is suddenly power mad with the election of Trump and can't tell the difference between a Muslim and a Terrorist? I say no.
  Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Laura Tomlinson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2017, 12:59:54 AM »
 :iagree: That's the way I feel about it also Philly. I don't have any animosity towards North Africans, Muslims or Mexicans. I am a conservative Republican who doesn't believe in the Trump methodology of banning any group. By the way, I've heard that most of the American Muslims that voted, are prosperous and conservative and voted Republican for trump. Isn't that ironic if it is true.

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2017, 02:08:10 AM »
The Trump Family Delusion

Trevor

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2017, 12:10:12 AM »
What we believe (and I think I can speak for the normal Christians here) is that there should be careful vetting of all immigrants entering this country, especially from countries like Syria, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, etc. That's what the Obama administration was doing before Trump decided to put on a big dog and pony show for the far-right. I certainly don't think we should open the flood gates, and that wasn't being done. I also don't think Muslim countries should be getting any special treatment above other countries with people who want to immigrate here. But what we are dead set against is this obvious despisal of certain groups of people by some people claiming they are Christian, and think their hatred is Christian. There is no room within Christianity for this racist, bigoted, "let's keep all Muslims, Africans, Filipinos, etc., out" movement from the far-right that demonstrates a lack of intellect.

In the world we live in, people don't know what bigotry is. Raw emotion and anger often brings out suppressed ignorance. Christ said, a tree is known by its fruits. Our actions and beliefs dictate who we truly are. Not our name. We can call ourselves Christian, but are our works of grace or bitterness. Which face do we show the world, ours or Christ's?

"No man for any considerable period can wear one face
   to himself and another to the multitude, without finally
 getting bewildered as to which may be the true
."

-Nathaniel Hawthorne
A Mind For Truth
Dr. C. Trevor Bavinck
New York, NY

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2017, 12:14:46 PM »
Not even a month in office yet and already Trump and his group of morons are embroiled in scandal with the resignation of security adviser Flynn, and Trump as usual attempting to deflect the "GROWING" list of concerns. Taking a cue from our disgraced dishonest President, Flynn thought he could lie his way through the white house, but even Trump's bravado couldn't save him. Is there anyone with this administration that isn't a conniving liar? He had to admit that He lied to the vice President concerning letting Russia get away with their espionage, and he's supposed to be head of security? Not even Trump's appointee for a month.

...but he'a a good Christian and it's the media's fault!  ::)

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2017, 04:08:44 AM »
Not even a month in office yet and already Trump and his group of morons are embroiled in scandal with the resignation of security adviser Flynn
 Flynn thought he could lie his way through the white house, but even Trump's bravado couldn't save him. He had to admit that He lied to the vice President concerning letting Russia get away with their espionage, and he's supposed to be head of security? Not even Trump's appointee for a month.

...but he'a a good Christian and it's the media's fault!  ::)

:smileyBounce: Good one!

Trump made this man the national security adviser and he is so dumb he didn't even realize we were tapping the Russians phones as he spoke to them.  :S_Confused:

Not one person Trump has nominated thus far is qualified for the job. I guess he wants people after his own image.  ;)

bram

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2017, 02:50:42 PM »
Talking about "good christian"

Acts 23 vs 5 : for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people.
trust in de Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding

Terrell Meyer

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2017, 02:44:40 AM »

Acts 23 vs 5 : for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people.

Bram,
  The verse in question speaks of the leaders of God's congregation, not a godless President of a nation that is outside of the church. You left out the key part which is the first part of that verse, which says "I wish he wasn't the high Priest." I pray you didn't do that to deceive, because that puts a whole different light on the matter.

Acts 23
 "1 And Paul, earnestly beholding the council, said, Men and brethren, I have lived in all good conscience before God until this day.
 2 And the high priest Ananias commanded them that stood by him to smite him on the mouth.
 3 Then said Paul unto him, God shall smite thee, thou whited wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law, and commandest me to be smitten contrary to the law?
 4 And they that stood by said, Revilest thou God's high priest?
 5 Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that he was the high priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people."

That's the passage in context.  Paul said to his brethren that he wished that the man who hit him wasn't the high priest, for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people. The context is of the high priest being the ruler of the Lord's people and was claiming to be following God's law. But he hit Paul contrary to God's law.

By the way, the secular ruler of the nation of Israel at the time was the godless Romans. Which for your admonition to be true, Paul would have had to be talking about.

Clifford Grodin

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2017, 12:01:02 PM »

Bram,
  The verse in question speaks of the leaders of God's congregation, not a godless President of a nation that is outside of the church.

I don't know why "some" Christians keep attempting to defend this man when his administration is obviously in Chaos, he's been unprepared almost constantly, He's lazy and doesn't want to do any of his presidential duties, he doesn't want to be informed by the CIA, he skips briefings, he doesn't know what he is doing more than half the time, and is ignorant of "googleable facts" that my 16 year old knows. Now we have to deal with out of context verses so we won't speak about what is obviously before our faces. Of course, there were no such verse brought up when they said Obama was ruining the country or that Clinton was scum-bag. Now all of a sudden it's "let's not talk about the President."

Trump has been a unmitigated disaster as President so far. Appointees resigning, people rejecting his call because they see his administration in chaos, others having to withdraw their names because of illegal activities and other scandals. Now we have the Russians testing him with spy ships 30 miles off our coast and Trump doesn't know what to do. He was not even in the situation room for his 'botched' Yemen raid that killed around 30 civilians and one US Navy SEAL. If that were a democrat, they Republicans would be calling for an investigation and calling him a murderer.

What about his behavior at press conferences, which is absolutely indefensible, and yet daily there are people defending him, blaming the media, and claiming his administration is running like a fine tuned clock.

Or maybe I'm crazy and none of this is happening?

bram

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2017, 12:49:04 PM »
Terrell, I don't think the high priest was a member of the church.
He was a Jew, an Idolator, the Lord Jesus said to those Jews, you are of your father the devil.

but the point is, all in authority are appointed by God.
Can you pray for Trump?

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2  For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

It is not a christian way of doing, to slander those in authorithy. Like here in this forum. We are not slandering any one as christian.

Even Christ didn't do that to the devil:

Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.
9  Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

How can we speak evil of dignities?

I never will go to church with Trump ( unless he fully repents).

I do not agree everthing with Trump, but some political actions I agree.

I know, like everybody, Trump will not read this stuff, it is not meant for Trump, but for those people who have a different opinion than the liberal opinion of some here. So that they even are excluded from being Gods people. That is a sin, in my sight.
trust in de Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding

Clifford Grodin

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2017, 01:27:28 PM »
Terrell, I don't think the high priest was a member of the church.
He was a Jew, an Idolator, the Lord Jesus said to those Jews, you are of your father the devil.

Don't want to speak for Terrell, but you miss the point. As usual. The apostle Paul was addressing the Israelite congregation laws which the Priest claimed they we obeying under God, and which the Apostle asked how can you defend the law when you are doing that which is contrary to the law. His comment had nothing whatsoever to do with the Roman government that was ruling over Israel, but the Israelite congregation. But you've shown not to be able to address specific verses before, I don't expect you to understand them now.

all in authority are appointed by God.

That is true. Sometimes as judgment, and it's looking that way so far.

Can you pray for Trump?

Sure we will. I hope many will pray for "you" as well. But what we won't do is stick our heads in the sand or bow down to the golden calf of Trump. Mine is a simple and honest comment Bram. Trump is simply unqualified in any way to be President and leader of the United States of America. That much is obvious even to a 16 year old with an average IQ. Unfortunately, not so much to the brainwashed who think he is somehow going to stem the evil tide and make the country great again. That is delusions of grandeur. Unfortunately, some people have a false impression of Trump's own importance as far as the cause of Christ.

It is not a christian way of doing, to slander those in authorithy.

I don't think you know what slander is. In fact I know you don't know what slander is. Slander is "not" American citizens reporting the ridiculous things Trump does and say. Slander is "not" pointing out the constant lies he tells, that he knows perfectly well are lies. Slander is "not" having the nerve to actually hold him accountable for his outrageous actions, misdeeds and unqualified appointments. Slander is "not" saying a man in his position should not be abusing judges that happen to know the constitution much better than he does.  No sir, you don't know what slander is. Maybe in your country, slander is simply telling the truth, but not here.

I do not agree everthing with Trump, but some political actions I agree. I know, like everybody, Trump will not read this stuff, it is not meant for Trump, but for those people who have a different opinion than the liberal opinion of some here.

The only liberal opinions I have ever heard expressed here were from Betty, Rose and maybe Stephanie. The vast majority of people here are not liberal. They'd be run out of a liberal forum with the conservative views they hold. This is another tactic of the Trumpettes. To label anyone who speaks out against what they say, as a liberal, or promoting fake news, or they are biased judges, etc. The same as Trump blaming the media for everything he himself said or every dumb move he makes not being successful. Smart people see this for what it is worth. Not much.

I'm not even a political person, and usually steer clear of such discussions, but Trump has made me sick to my stomach.

Terrell Meyer

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2017, 03:20:27 PM »
 :iagree: Bram, "What He Said!" :)

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2017, 07:17:01 AM »
I'm not even a political person, and usually steer clear of such discussions, but Trump has made me sick to my stomach.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/exclusive-trump-presser-convinced-nsc-candidate-harward-to-bow-out/vi-AAn47lU?ocid=spartandhp

Headshakingly unbelievable how unorganized,unqualified and unprofessional Trump is!  :-[

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2017, 03:43:00 AM »

Republican Lawmakers say Trump’s words matter — and hurt the country’s standing abroad

A growing roster of Republicans and Democrats on Capitol Hill say they believe President Trump’s pugnacious rhetoric and unpredictable behavior threaten to diminish the United States’ standing around the world, do real damage to fragile diplomatic relationships and even weaken global stability.
Lawmakers are speaking in increasingly urgent tones about Trump’s unusual foreign policy statements and his tendency to pick fights with domestic and international figures. They say it has taken a toll on the way key allies, foes and other foreign observers view the United States. Even members of Trump’s own party are having difficulties vouching for him.

“A country’s more than one person,” said Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), when asked whether he is concerned that the president’s words have harmed the U.S. image. The senator, who dined Wednesday with Trump but has also criticized the president’s posture toward Russia, added: “There’s more than one voice in America.”
In a striking speech to international defense officials gathered Friday in Germany, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) suggested that the survival of the Western world is at risk from some of the ideas Trump has embraced.
“The next panel asks us to consider whether the West will survive. In recent years, this question would invite accusations of hyperbole and alarmism. Not this year,” McCain said, according to prepared remarks delivered Friday at the Munich Security Conference. “If ever there were a time to treat this question with a deadly seriousness, it is now.”

McCain did not mention Trump, who did not attend the conference, by name. But it was clear that he was lamenting the policies and practices of the Trump administration — and their threat to global stability. He imagined how disturbed the security conference’s founders would be. The forum was formed 50 years ago, at the height of the Cold War, to bring world powers together to discuss and further global stability.
“They would be alarmed by the hardening resentment we see toward immigrants, and refugees, and minority groups, especially Muslims,” McCain said. “They would be alarmed by the growing inability, and even unwillingness, to separate truth from lies. They would be alarmed that more and more of our fellow citizens seem to be flirting with authoritarianism and romanticizing it as our moral equivalent.”
In an interview for Sunday’s “Meet the Press” with Chuck Todd, McCain was asked about Trump’s Friday tweet that the press is the “enemy of the American people.”

The Arizona senator warned that a free press is “vital” in order to “preserve democracy as we know it.”
“And without it, I am afraid that we would lose so much of our individual liberties over time. That’s how dictators get started,” McCain said, clarifying he was not calling Trump a dictator but warning that dictators start by “supressing free press” and “we need to learn the lessons of history.”
Top Republican congressional leaders have sought to curtail intraparty anxiety by noting that while much of what Trump says is unusual and troublesome, in practice, he is actually shaping up as a traditional GOP president. Trump’s supporters say he is still ironing out wrinkles as he adapts to being president.
But others are losing patience with the Trump administration amid qualms about its approach to national security, the U.S.-Russian relationship and the risk to long-standing alliances the United States has cultivated with other nations.

Trump has come under heavy criticism for spearheading a temporary immigration ban on refugees and foreign nationals from seven majority-Muslim nations, which has been temporarily halted by a federal court. He has also drawn fierce blowback for disparaging critical stories about him as “fake news” and responding to a Fox News interviewer telling him Russian President Vladi­mir Putin is a “killer” by saying, “Do you think our country is so innocent?”

McCain, who said there is concern that “America is laying down the mantle of global leadership,” mentioned several Trump administration officials attending the conference — Vice President Pence, Homeland Security Secretary John F. Kelly and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis — as examples of officials committed to maintaining the country’s global role.

Democrats are less subtle.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]