[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: 1 Sam 2:3-36 monthly devotion  (Read 4889 times)

clark thompson

Re: 1 Sam 2:3-36 monthly devotion
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2015, 07:34:40 AM »
1 Samuel 2:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 And if any man said unto him, Let them not fail to burn the fat presently, and then take as much as thy soul desireth; then he would answer him, Nay; but thou shalt give it me now: and if not, I will take it by force.

1 Samuel 2:16 The Voice (VOICE)

16 And if the worshiper protested, saying the priest could take whatever he wanted after the fat was burned, the servant would say,
Servant: Give it to me now; if necessary, it will be taken from you by force.

The Voice (VOICE) The Voice Bible Copyright © 2012 Thomas Nelson, Inc. The Voiceô translation © 2012 Ecclesia Bible Society All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.
The people who wanted to do right they would not let them, they prevented God from getting what is His, we are to not let people like this stop us from serving God.

the best form of worship is to be in the will of God

clark thompson

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2015, 01:51:16 PM »
1 Samuel 2:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 Wherefore the sin of the young men was very great before the LORD: for men abhorred the offering of the LORD.

1 Samuel 2:17 The Voice (VOICE)

17 Because they despised the Eternalís ritual offerings, the Eternal One judged that the sons of Eli had sinned greatly.

The Voice (VOICE) The Voice Bible Copyright © 2012 Thomas Nelson, Inc. The Voiceô translation © 2012 Ecclesia Bible Society All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.
Sometimes what we offer to God does not mean anything because of the sin in our lives.

clark thompson

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 07:04:04 PM »
1 Samuel 2:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 But Samuel ministered before the LORD, being a child, girded with a linen ephod.

1 Samuel 2:18 Darby Translation (DARBY)
18 And Samuel ministered before Jehovah, a boy girded with a linen ephod.

These are my thoughts.
We are to ministry to the Lord as well.

clark thompson

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2016, 07:10:22 PM »
1 Samuel 2:19 King James Version (KJV)
19 Moreover his mother made him a little coat, and brought it to him from year to year, when she came up with her husband to offer the yearly sacrifice.

1 Samuel 2:19 Darby Translation (DARBY)
19 And his mother made him a little coat, and brought it to him from year to year, when she came up with her husband to sacrifice the yearly sacrifice.

These are my thoughts.
A motherís love is a special thing but no love is greater then the love of the Lord.

clark thompson

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2016, 08:03:35 AM »
1 Samuel 2:20 King James Version (KJV)
20 And Eli blessed Elkanah and his wife, and said, The LORD give thee seed of this woman for the loan which is lent to the LORD. And they went unto their own home.

1 Samuel 2:20 Darby Translation (DARBY)
20 And Eli blessed Elkanah and his wife, and said, Jehovah give thee seed of this woman for the loan which is lent to Jehovah. And they went to their own home.

These are my thoughts.
She to the Lord Samuel as she promised and she was blessed, when we give to the Lord we will receive a blessing but it may not be money as some teachers may say today.

clark thompson

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2016, 08:13:26 AM »
1 Samuel 2:21 King James Version (KJV)
21 And the LORD visited Hannah, so that she conceived, and bare three sons and two daughters. And the child Samuel grew before the LORD.

1 Samuel 2:21 Darby Translation (DARBY)
21 So Jehovah visited Hannah, and she conceived, and bore three sons and two daughters. And the boy Samuel grew before Jehovah.

These are my thoughts.
Hannah showed faith and the Lord blessed while Samuel grew for the Lord as she promised she would allow.

clark thompson

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2016, 09:35:36 AM »
1 Samuel 2:22 King James Version (KJV)
22 Now Eli was very old, and heard all that his sons did unto all Israel; and how they lay with the women that assembled at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.

1 Samuel 2:22 Darby Translation (DARBY)
22 And Eli was very old, and heard all that his sons were doing to all Israel, and that they lay with the women that served at the entrance of the tent of meeting.

These are my thoughts.
When we hear such things we should react, Eli was in a place where he could have removed them from the temple but he did nothing, doing nothing can be the worst thing we can do at times.

clark thompson

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2016, 07:11:18 PM »
1 Samuel 2:23 King James Version (KJV)
23 And he said unto them, Why do ye such things? for I hear of your evil dealings by all this people.

1 Samuel 2:23 Darby Translation (DARBY)
23 And he said to them, Why do ye such things? for I hear of your evil deeds from all this people.

These are my thoughts.
We are not to live in a way that causes everything that people hear about us be bad; if we do then we are not following the Lord but a path of wickedness.

clark thompson

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2016, 07:23:26 AM »
1 Samuel 2:24 King James Version (KJV)
24 Nay, my sons; for it is no good report that I hear: ye make the LORD's people to transgress.

1 Samuel 2:24 Darby Translation (DARBY)
24 No, my sons, for it is no good report that I hear: ye make Jehovah's people transgress.

These are my thoughts.
What type of news do people choose to spread about us, we should have a good name before people because we represent Christ.

clark thompson

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2016, 07:54:38 AM »
1 Samuel 2:25 King James Version (KJV)
25 If one man sin against another, the judge shall judge him: but if a man sin against the LORD, who shall intreat for him? Notwithstanding they hearkened not unto the voice of their father, because the LORD would slay them.

1 Samuel 2:25 Darby Translation (DARBY)
25 If one man sin against another, God will judge him; but if a man sin against Jehovah, who shall intreat for him? But they hearkened not to the voice of their father, for Jehovah was minded to slay them.

These are my thoughts.
We have a standing before man but without Christ we canít stand before the Father.

clark thompson

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2016, 08:07:13 AM »
1 Samuel 2:26 King James Version (KJV)
26 And the child Samuel grew on, and was in favour both with the LORD, and also with men.

1 Samuel 2:26 Darby Translation (DARBY)
26 And the boy Samuel grew on, and was in favour both with Jehovah and also with men.

These are my thoughts.
Do grow up for the Lord or do we continue to act towards Him as a little child still wanting the spiritual milk?

clark thompson

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2016, 08:14:54 AM »
1 Samuel 2:27 King James Version (KJV)
27 And there came a man of God unto Eli, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Did I plainly appear unto the house of thy father, when they were in Egypt in Pharaoh's house?

1 Samuel 2:27 Darby Translation (DARBY)
27 And there came a man of God to Eli and said to him, Thus saith Jehovah: Did I plainly reveal myself to the house of thy father when they were in Egypt, in Pharaoh's house,

These are my thoughts.
God has relieved Himself it is up to us to accept Him for who He is.

clark thompson

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2016, 07:58:22 AM »
1 Samuel 2:28 King James Version (KJV)
28 And did I choose him out of all the tribes of Israel to be my priest, to offer upon mine altar, to burn incense, to wear an ephod before me? and did I give unto the house of thy father all the offerings made by fire of the children of Israel?

1 Samuel 2:28 Darby Translation (DARBY)
28 and choose him out of all the tribes of Israel, to be my priest, to offer upon mine altar, to burn incense, to wear the ephod before me? and I gave unto the house of thy father all the offerings by fire of the children of Israel.

These are my thoughts.
As Eli was chosen to serve we come to Faith in Jesus to be servants to Him.

clark thompson

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2017, 12:46:58 PM »
1 Samuel 2:29 King James Version (KJV)
29 Wherefore kick ye at my sacrifice and at mine offering, which I have commanded in my habitation; and honourest thy sons above me, to make yourselves fat with the chiefest of all the offerings of Israel my people?

1 Samuel 2:29 Darby Translation (DARBY)
29 Wherefore do ye trample upon my sacrifice and upon mine oblation which I have commanded [in my] habitation? And thou honourest thy sons above me, to make yourselves fat with the primest of all the oblations of Israel my people.

These are my thoughts.
Eli showed favor to his sons by letting them do what they wanted with what was Godís, he would lose his sons and his own life, we should out God before everything else.

clark thompson

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2017, 08:58:16 AM »
1 Samuel 2:30 King James Version (KJV)
30 Wherefore the LORD God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever: but now the LORD saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.

1 Samuel 2:30 Darby Translation (DARBY)
30 Wherefore Jehovah the God of Israel saith, I said indeed, Thy house and the house of thy father should walk before me for ever. But now Jehovah saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.

These are my thoughts.
We should live a life walking the Lord and train up the next generation on how they are to follow the Lord.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]