[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Bible Searching Program  (Read 26356 times)

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
Re: Bible Searching Program
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2016, 12:06:49 PM »
The program seems great, I may actually buy it. One question, is it complicated to use?

It depends on how you use bible software for. Will it be strictly bible study with your favorite Bible translation and few commentaries, or all the bells and whistles like the maps, referencing, library, etc. - something I do not believe many of us use often anyway.  Keep in mind, we will need to pay extra to purchase modern translation bibles like NIV becaues of publishers' copyright fee.

Swordsearcher is a great software if you don't mind spending $60 dollars.

However, I personally use e-sword Bible Software can offer almost everything swordsearcher has for PC and MAC for FREE including Authorized King James Versions. Their iphone app (e-Sword LT) cost $1.99.  Their iPad app (e-sword HD) cost $4.99.

Software: http://www.e-sword.net/index.html

And it also come with free bible study contents that you can choose from to be added to eword software Bibles, modules, maps, etc. http://www.biblesupport.com/

Try e-sword before you spend any money and determine if you just want a simple and less complicated bible study or fully loaded software, IMHO.   

Erik
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Wanda

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2016, 06:38:04 AM »
The program seems great, I may actually buy it. One question, is it complicated to use?

I'll try and answer that since a lot of us here use this program (a few use E-sword, which is free). To be honest, that's a difficult question, and the answer is probably different for each individual. For example, when I first came to this forum from the old style simple forum, I thought this forum was overly complicated. Now I think it's simple. The moral of the story, anything new to you may seem complicated.

If you are computer savvy and accustomed to such comprehensive programs, it's an easy learning curve on where things are and how to access all the abilities this program features (use the dropdown menus on the words up top). I personally love the Interlinear Greek/Hebrew right with the KJV words and targeted search and comparisons, as opposed to the mon-integrated add-on finicky modules of free programs. But if you are new to programs like this, I can see how all the different tabs and options might be a little overwhelming at first. However, like anything else, if you stick with it, once you've learned it, it's pretty simple really.

On the negative, I'm not happy with some of the commentaries that Brandon has introduced, but you can add on or even write your own commentaries, and beside, that's a small price to pay for a super great Bible tool. If you "might" be interested, you can download an evaluation program that will run for 30 days.

As for Erik's comments, look at the poll numbers.  I'll just say this (with all due respect to Erik), no one, including me, is going to pay this price for a program when one just as good is available for free. ...I paid for this program.  :)

Don't worry about cost, if any "serious" bible student cannot afford it and really wants to study scripture, contact me. Money should never be an object when it comes to God's word.

Diane Moody

• The Kingdom is Within You
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2016, 07:32:10 AM »
Don't worry about cost, if any "serious" bible student cannot afford it and really wants to study scripture, contact me. Money should never be an object when it comes to God's word.

:God:Bl-U:
Spoken like a "real" Christian. This is why I frequent this forum instead of the many stereotypical reformed blogs and forums full of old, stodgy, starched collar guys who think Christianity spreads itself and all they have to do is sit around with Pipe in one hand, gun in the other, dotting i's, crossing T's and arguing over the meaning of what Calvin or Martin said. The emphasis is on the wrong things. The Reformed idea of “election” should not negate evangelism, charity or the spiritual nature of the bible.

Keep up the good work all of you.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2016, 09:23:51 AM »
 :amen:  :cLaPpInGg: :cLaPpInGg: :cLaPpInGg:

Mila Ostrovsky

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2016, 06:25:22 AM »

:word: You're a saint Wanda.

NoMass

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2016, 07:00:29 AM »
 ::) Oh Please, she's probably a Democrat. Pandering to freeloaders does not make anyone a saint, it makes them liberal.

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2016, 06:06:30 PM »
::) Oh Please, she's probably a Democrat. Pandering to freeloaders does not make anyone a saint, it makes them liberal.

Spoken like a true Trump Republican.  :-\
  Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Peter

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2017, 11:24:30 AM »

That was uncalled for, simply because she offered to pay for someone to have a Bible study program. Wanda should be praised for her Christian charity, not condemned. I'm leaning that some Christians just have no grace.

Robert Powell

• "fruit of the righteous, a tree of Life" Pr 11:30
« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2017, 11:15:51 AM »

That was uncalled for, simply because she offered to pay for someone to have a Bible study program. Wanda should be praised for her Christian charity, not condemned. I'm leaning that some Christians just have no grace.

For the record, Nomass is not a Christian.  He's a self proclaimed agnostic. Don't want to give anyone the wrong idea.

Wanda

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2017, 03:31:33 PM »
SwordSearcher 8.1 is now available!

This is always one of my favorite things to do every new year: announce a new SwordSearcher release! Version 8.1 is now available and brings several enhancements and some new library content.

http://www.swordsearcher.com/pr/newest.html

Wanda

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2017, 08:12:09 PM »

Some very essential options for good bible study, understanding and references.

http://www.swordsearcher.com/video/kjv-tsk.html

Walt Lee

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2017, 05:23:20 AM »

That's impressive. I may spring for the cash to get that.

Gerry

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2017, 08:00:32 PM »

I think I'll be switching from e-sword because this program makes things a lot quicker and easier. Wanda, I'll PM you, I have to ask you something.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]