[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Why is there such a Millennial Haze or Maze among Christians  (Read 1096 times)

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
Re: Why is there such a Millennial Haze or Maze among Christians
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2017, 02:23:22 AM »
>>>
It's my view Postmillennialists want their cake, and eat it too, not so much difference from Premillennialism. They see things in scripture that are not there.

True, but aren't their views very similar to Amillennialist? They both believe the kingdom of Christ came when Christ lived and went to the cross. Doesn't that separate them from Premillennialists?
<<<

Yes and no. It's true both views accept the truth of the basic understanding of the kingdom of Christ being spiritual, but then Postmillennialism injects a foreign belief system of a millennial of globalized restoration that the Bible does not teach. They postulate that Christ's second coming is after what they see as a super golden age of worldwide Christian prosperity in evangelization. In all reality, they immanentize the Kingdom, much as Premillennialists do when they teach that Christ will literally establish a golden Kingdom on earth and rule from earthly Jerusalem. The only difference is that Postmillennialists golden age is not so much earthly. That is, if you don't count  nearly the whole earth being Cristian.

In stark contrast to Amillennialism, most Postmillennialists believes that eventually in this millennium the vast majority of people on earth will be saved. None of this is actually true, which makes it false eschatology. Moreover, they attack the biblical position of Amillennialism as being a theology of pessimism rather than realism, which also is not true.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2017, 07:33:01 PM »
Being a man who likes to quote scripture, do you think you will be heard for your "much speaking?" :)

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2017, 06:04:24 AM »
>>>
Being a man who likes to quote scripture...
<<<

It's called being a faithful witness to the testimony of God. All Good Christians do it, or else they speak for and of themselves, rather than God.

Mark 7:6
  • "He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me."

Clearly, there is Lip-service, and then there are those whose heart is actually changed that they are faithful to what actually "is" written. When I quote Scripture, I'm quoting God rather than giving my opinions on a issue. What God said versus what some people claim God meant. What Christian could have a problem with that? ...oh, You.

>>>
...do you think you will be heard for your "much speaking?" :)
<<<

Not at all. I don't think or wish I'll be heard at all, since my mouth is not a prayer book. My sincere prayer is that God's word that is testified will be heard, that the wisdom that is in Christ Jesus will be received, and that the Spirit of truth will be felt, moving Christians to conscientiousness to choose rightly between serving themselves, and serving the Lord.

Mathew 6:7
  • "But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking."

Now if I were reciting vain repetitions as prayers, then I might be deceived to think I would be heard for my much speaking.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

ZeroCool

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2017, 09:06:30 AM »
Being a man who likes to quote scripture, do you think you will be heard for your "much speaking?" :)

George, you talk as if witnessing to scripture is a bad thing. Quoting scripture is the best way to make sure it's God talking and not someone's opinion. Wouldn't you agree?

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]