[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Who Is The Man of Sin?  (Read 17262 times)

Bunyan

• Luke 8:24
Re: Who Is The Man of Sin?
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2011, 07:08:18 PM »
Wait. I want to get this right. Are you saying that he who restrains lawlessness is a man? And he who sits in the Temple is a man also? These are two men?
"The law says, 'do this,' and it is never done. Grace
says, 'believe in this,' and everything is already done
."
- Martin Luther

David Knoles

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2011, 08:11:58 AM »

Wait. I want to get this right. Are you saying that he who restrains lawlessness is a man? And he who sits in the Temple is a man also? These are two men?

Does it or does it not say the man? The man of sin sits in the Temple. That's what it say. And sin is comitted by man, so when man does not sin, sin is restrained in his life.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • Psalms 52:8
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2011, 02:32:04 PM »
 David,
      The word Temple is constantly used by the Apostle to describe the people of God themselves. It is not referring to a building. For example, "If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are."  So this is Biblical evidence that the Man of Sin would come in among the people of God and seat himself as God. It is an assumption that the man of sin is specifically one man, and that is not supported by the text. One man can never rule the body of Christ. Because unlike Roman Catholics, the Church doesn't follow one man. The false prophet is not in the singular, but are many. The antichrists are many. As Tony said, it is talking about the falling away, or the apostasy that is outlined in those verses.

David Knoles

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2011, 06:48:54 PM »

Another Tony Warren Disciple. Did you ever try thinking for yourself?

Matthew 24:1
"And Jesus went forth and went away from the temple, and his disciples came to [him] to point out to him the buildings of the temple."

Now, were they pointing out a spiritual temple or were they talking about a literal temple. I read things literally, because that's how they were written. The Holy Temple is in Jerusalem. Don't ask Tony, use your own locomotion and go to Israel where you can see its remnants. And it is being built again.

Dana Pescator

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2011, 08:46:30 PM »

"And Jesus went forth and went away from the temple, and his disciples came to [him] to point out to him the buildings of the temple."

Now, were they pointing out a spiritual temple or were they talking about a literal temple. I read things literally, because that's how they were written. The Holy Temple is in Jerusalem. Don't ask Tony, use your own locomotion and go to Israel where you can see its remnants. And it is being built again.

Ephesians 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

David,
  Do you also think this holy Temple is a building? If you are going to be consistent, you would have to say these people are literal bricks making up a literal building. Or you have to accept that the New Testament holy temple ais the church. ^You can't have it both ways picking and choosing when you wish to make it a literal temple.

Pilgrim

• Reformed and Reforming
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2011, 09:52:41 AM »

Reviling becomes you. Because there is no substance in your posts, only the disdain for the Lord's servants. Perhaps we are thinking for ourselves, and so we understand those who can Witness, and those who can't,  revile and throw stones.

Ephesians 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

David,
  Do you also think this holy Temple is a building? If you are going to be consistent, you would have to say these people are literal bricks making up a literal building. Or you have to accept that the New Testament holy temple ais the church. ^You can't have it both ways picking and choosing when you wish to make it a literal temple.

A Holy Temple with living bricks no less. It is sad but to neglect the spiritual to hold onto the fantasy of Israel, a one world ruler and the errors of Dispensationalism is to completely take scripture out of context and toss out the obvious.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17
  "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?  If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are."

If we are living stones (see the context of 1 cor), if we are the temple of God, then the prophesy stands sure. And speaks of the Church, not a building in Israel.
"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." -Matthew 1:21

bloodstone

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2011, 02:07:09 PM »

Now, were they pointing out a spiritual temple or were they talking about a literal temple.

David,
  They were obviously pointing out a physical Temple that they observed, but surely you know that does not mean there is no spiritual connotation? Didn't the building of the Temple by Solomon have some spiritual reference to Christ? So your argument does not hold up. Christ Physically washed the feet of the Disciples, didn't that have some spiritual connotation? Your whole premise against spiritual understanding is  defective.

Hebrew 8:4-5
  "For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law: Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount."

The Priests, The Holy cups, the Temple itself, served as an example or spiritual picture of that which was to come.

Don't ask Tony, use your own locomotion and go to Israel where you can see its remnants. And it is being built again.

In your own wisdom you believe that these things cannot be spiritual because you are so caught up in man's teachings. The fact is, it is really you bringing up Tony, we're talking about the testimony of scripture. It is the scriptures, not people, that bears witness to the truth of spiritual understanding. But, it is spiritually understood.

1 Corinthian 2:13-14
  "Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

Christ said destroy this Temple and in 3 days I will raise it up. He was talking to him that could understand he was speaking in spiritual terms.

Melanie

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2017, 09:38:45 AM »

Now, were they pointing out a spiritual temple or were they talking about a literal temple.

So were the Pharisees, when they talked about the literal Temple and Christ spoke of the Temple of his body. And I do think for myself, and that is why I am not a disciple of your left-behind theology, or of John Walvoord's Zionist Israel theology or Binny Hinn and his or Ben Carson and his. That's how I know that the man of sin is not one man that will rule, and that the millennial reign started long ago. Not because I follow men, but God's word.

I read things literally, because that's how they were written. The Holy Temple is in Jerusalem.

Ephesians 2:21
"In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:"

Yes it is, a spiritual Jerusalem.

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2017, 09:05:49 AM »

Ephesians 2:21
"In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:"

And that is why the church always remains. Look in the world for sin, not the church, it is the pillar and ground of the truth.

Puritan Heart

« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2017, 05:31:48 PM »

And that is why the church always remains. Look in the world for sin, not the church, it is the pillar and ground of the truth.

Hello George,

Yes, I do agree with you, the Church is the pillar of truth, however, please read the following scriptures and clarify your understanding thereof, demonstrating with scripture please.

Matthew 7:21-23 (KJV)  21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Alexandra
Habakkuk 3: 17 - 19

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2017, 08:17:59 AM »

Hello George,

Yes, I do agree with you, the Church is the pillar of truth, however, please read the following scriptures and clarify your understanding thereof, demonstrating with scripture please.

Matthew 7:21-23 (KJV)  21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Alexandra

One Scripture? Didn't you criticize me for giving you one scripture? Yet you do the same? I think that's called hypocrisy, correct me if I'm wrong.

Sure, you needlessly added the two additional passages that follow, but that doesn't constitute a second or another scripture does it? I could have needlessly added the passages following my verse, but why would I do that when the one passage already made the point? But I forgive you.

Regarding who is the man of sin, I think this site (which many of you respect and reference liberally) answers that pretty well.

https://www.gotquestions.org/man-of-lawlessness.html

It's a man who comes after the rapture. The same as I believe. And Alexandra, there are many, many scripture references included there. What do you say about that?  Not enough Scriptures?

Melanie

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2017, 08:55:02 AM »

Regarding who is the man of sin, I think this site (which many of you respect and reference liberally) answers that pretty well.

https://www.gotquestions.org/man-of-lawlessness.html

It's a man who comes after the rapture. The same as I believe. And Alexandra, there are many, many scripture references included there. What do you say about that?  Not enough Scriptures?

No one is coming after the Rapture, as the saints will be in Heaven and the books opened and the wicked Judged. You completely ignore all the scriptures given in this thread in favor of a few lines of a  pretribulation rapture theorist which doctrine cannot stand the light of day. However, I'll not let you distract me with that (as some politicians do) but stay on topic, which is Who is the man of sin.

And along with and in league with this related thread:

Who is the AntiChrist

http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=1324.0

Though I doubt you'll have anything meaningful or biblical to add.
As for the myth of a Pretribulation Rapture, if you want to address that, This is the thread Here:

The Pre-Tribulation Rapture

http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=3003.msg32749#msg32749

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2017, 09:11:45 AM »
Hello George,

Matthew 7:21-23 (KJV)  21[/b] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

That is talking about individuals not the church. The church is the pillar and ground of the truth and can never fall.

1 Timothy 3:15
"but if I delay, in order that thou mayest know how one ought to conduct oneself in God's house, which is [the] assembly of [the] living God, [the] pillar and base of the truth".

Just as Judas was a individual and fell, but Israel collectively didn't fall. It still exists today.

Exodus 3:15
"And God said moreover to Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel: Jehovah, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you. This is my name fo :amen:r ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations".

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]