[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Is Jesus Christ Michael The Archangel  (Read 8380 times)

Diane Moody

• The Kingdom is Within You
Re: Is Jesus Christ Michael The Archangel
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2017, 12:18:29 PM »
Another very interesting article abiout Micheal the archangel

https://amazingdiscoveries.org/blog/who-is-michael-the-archangel-a-study/

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2017, 09:58:25 PM »
Thanks for sharing, Diane. Good study.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Diane Moody

• The Kingdom is Within You
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2017, 05:26:11 PM »
Obviously the translators were really enamored with the idea of angels and their presuppositions were of great influence when they translated scripture.

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2017, 02:40:52 AM »
>>>
Obviously the translators were really enamored with the idea of angels and their presuppositions were of great influence when they translated scripture.
<<<

:iagree:  And that besotted preoccupation with supernatural heavenly beings continues to captivate much of the church today, despite both the biblical and scholastic facts that are so clearly available to anyone bothering to honestly consider them. This is especially true in cults, catholic, evangelical and pentecostal churches. Basically anywhere that there is a blind dependence upon leaders, emotion, tradition and feelings rather than honest exegesis.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2017, 09:20:48 AM »
This is especially true in cults, catholic, evangelical and pentecostal churches. Basically anywhere that there is a blind dependence upon leaders, emotion, tradition and feelings rather than honest exegesis.

And what has that to do with Michael being an archangel like the text "literally" says, and not Jesus Christ as the cult Jehovah Witnesses believe?

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2017, 06:10:54 AM »
>>>
And what has that to do with Michael being an archangel like the text "literally" says, and not Jesus Christ as the cult Jehovah Witnesses believe?
<<<

Like I previously said, the "text" very literally says [aggelos], which is a Greek word "meaning" messenger.

As for what the Jehovah Witnesses believe, that's a moot point having no practical significance or relevance to whether God's word uses Michael to refer to Christ, the Chief Messenger. Since they believe he is an angel and not God as we do.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2017, 08:42:19 AM »
Another very interesting article abiout Micheal the archangel

https://amazingdiscoveries.org/blog/who-is-michael-the-archangel-a-study/

Protestants were once almost unanimous that Michael referred to Christ. For example, the great preacher Charles Haddon Spurgeon said that Jesus was Michael and “the only Archangel,” who is the Son and co-equal to the Father. Not to place any undue reliance on man's words, but just for reference Spurgeon agreed with Tony and said that "archangel" means "head of the angels" and is a title similar to "Prince or Leader of the host." (Daniel 8:11). No one ever accused him of being a Jehovah's witness. What he didn't grasp was that this meant Jesus was head or chief of the messengers, and not head angel or head of the angels.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]