[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: The Decline of Christianity  (Read 2452 times)

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
Re: The Decline of Christianity
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2017, 12:15:15 PM »
The decline of biblical Christianity, and the rise of political Christianity. Any correlation?
  Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Robert Powell

• "fruit of the righteous, a tree of Life" Pr 11:30
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2017, 12:56:54 AM »
The decline of biblical Christianity, and the rise of political Christianity. Any correlation?

Not really. The decline of Christianity began long before politics took over the church. I believe the decline of Christianity is directly related to parenting, television, progressive or liberal brainwashing and unfaithful ministers.

Proverbs 22:6
"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

Today's children are trained by what they see on television, and Christian parents have allowed it because they've listened to the world in how to raise their kids. My great grandmother raised my grandmother different from the way my grandmother raised my mother, and my mother raised me different from how my grandmother raised her. Each progression closer to the world's idea of rearing good children. Each swinging a little further away from Biblical principles. Until now, children don't even understand what Christian obligation is, much less how they should refrain from worldly pleasures. Bottom line, we brought it upon ourselves by not holding fast to the old ways.

Terrell Meyer

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2017, 02:38:41 AM »
The decline of Christianity began long before politics took over the church. I believe the decline of Christianity is directly related to parenting, television, progressive or liberal brainwashing and unfaithful ministers.

In short, the decline of Christianity began when Christians allowed the world to come into the church (Jas 4:4). Not to mention they lost their zeal and forgot their mission, which was to evangelize the world rather than fix the world.

Matthew 10:16
"Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves".

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2017, 06:31:39 AM »
The decline of Christianity began long before politics took over the church. I believe the decline of Christianity is directly related to parenting, television, progressive or liberal brainwashing and unfaithful ministers.

In short, the decline of Christianity began when Christians allowed the world to come into the church (Jas 4:4).

I believe that both are true to one degree or another. Television does bring the world up into the church and it also makes it 10 times harder to parent. Not to mention to teach and not have that teaching compromised ad eroded by the constant bombarding of humanism and worldly lusts. Some parents have actually taken away the TV from their house, or severely limited or restricted viewing. Of course they are ridiculed and mocked, but maybe they have the right idea. I think there's a article about the effects of TV on this site somewhere, but I forget the name.

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2017, 04:07:29 AM »
>>>
Some parents have actually taken away the TV from their house, or severely limited or restricted viewing. Of course they are ridiculed and mocked, but maybe they have the right idea. I think there's a article about the effects of TV on this site somewhere, but I forget the name.
<<<

The Bible: Our T.V. Guide -by Kevin Takenaka

http://mountainretreatorg.net/articles/tvguide.shtml

Is TV Really So Bad? -by Dr Joel R. Beeke

http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/articles/tv_really_bad.html

The TV Church -by W. Robert Godfrey

http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/articles/the_tv_church.shtml

The Dangers of Television -by Dr. Ken Matto

http://www.scionofzion.com/tv.htm

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Henry

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2017, 10:10:00 AM »
In short, the decline of Christianity began when Christians allowed the world to come into the church (Jas 4:4). Not to mention they lost their zeal and forgot their mission, which was to evangelize the world rather than fix the world.

Interesting theory. The Presbyterian church, which I have been a member of for years, has all but been decimated. Where once children were replenishing the churches as the older members died off, now they want nothing to do with the church. They merely say they believe in God, but don't need the church. Evangelism is not in their vocabulary, they say religion is personal. I'm wondering if there has been any studies to determine why the church is in decline while religions like Islam grow?

Fred

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2017, 08:44:48 PM »
First of all it's not declining. God's church will never decline because it will be here until the rapture. Second of all, the church is the body of Christ and it can't fall or be killed. And finally, the church is Christian people, and Christian people can't decline, they are bought with a price. Unless you believe God can't keep us from falling.

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2017, 12:03:58 PM »
>>>
I'm wondering if there has been any studies to determine why the church is in decline while religions like Islam grow?
<<<

How much time have you got? Enough to listen to one of my rants? ;)

My opinion is, another study is exactly what we don't need. They've done many studies and put forth a hundred different opinions, and depending upon which one, they have determined the cause as everything from population decline here, to a increase in the birth rate somewhere else--from the young feeling disenfranchised by the church, to they're simply disaffiliated but still Christian--from political polarization, to a neglect of politics--From the knowledge of greater education, to an increase in self-worth and prosperity--from the excesses and rigidities of conservative religion, to the moderation and laxities of liberal religion--from the sexual revolution to the moral majority, and on and on. There really is no shortage of hypotheses concerning the decline of Christianity. What there is, is a shortage of looking to the warnings recorded in the Bible for answers why. The decline has nothing to do with education, population, politics or a changing culture. Unless of course, the culture in view is the changing Christian culture. That's what has brought the church to the brink. When Christians changed, Christian culture changed, Christian parenting changed, Christian preaching changed, Christian faithfulness changed and of course the Christian church changed. From the 60s on there has been an emergence of a lack of obedience, discipline, instruction, Biblical child rearing, evangelism and love in the family unit. A rebellion against law and a misinterpretation of grace where the love of God is something abstract. In fact, it's grown so cold that in most churches today there is absolutely no fear of God, reverence for His word as authoritative, or recognition of sin as abhorrent and abominable to God. There's nothing of substance being passed on to Christian children, just the mouthing of hollow phrases consisting of "Praise God," and "God loves you." An application of simply applying the Moniker, "Christian" and going about our business of eating and drinking. The leaders of the church have fallen prey to their own corrupt nature to permit the slow deterioration of sound doctrine. When the ministers turned away from the Bible, they lost touch for what it is to be Christians honest with themselves, an evangelist, a God fearing and a Bible believing Spirit filled Christian. Unfortunately, Spirit filled today means jumping up and down in church or babbling incoherently for attention. It is the people of the church itself that are the reason for its decline. Why have another man made study when God has already given us the blueprint and example after example of this very same degradation that causes His congregation to fall:

Jeremiah 5:29-31
  • "Shall I not visit for these things? saith the LORD: shall not my soul be avenged on such a nation as this?/i]
  • A wonderful and horrible thing is committed in the land;
  • The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?"

Good question for them and for us. As in the congregation of Israel before us, a wonderful (astonishing) and horrible thing is committed in our congregations as God's messengers teach what is false and our Priests bear rule according to their own hands instead of the hand of God. They started teaching what is popular in order to gain influence and favor of the people. Our church pastors and ministers have become dishonest concerning what is written and unfaithful to precepts where they corrupt the word in order to satisfy the people's desires and lusts. God's conclusion of the matter is that, His people love to have it so. In other words, the people love to have ministers and messengers who tell them what they want to hear (Micah 2:11) as opposed to what God "actually" said. Sure, we can say that prosperity and affluence distract people from serving as faithful stewards, but when we look "deeper" the seed is sown in the decline in faithful doctrines promoting Christian living that would be a hedge against such distractions. A decline in faithful adherence to sound doctrines always brings a decline in the Lord's congregation. It always has, and it always will. When the ministers of the church start covering over sin by claiming God permits us to do this, and He is not displeased when we do that, and to do the other is acceptable to Him, contrary to what God's word "actually" said, then this is the beginning of the downfall of that people. Look at the Biblical records. Every time that God's people strayed away from the faithful doctrines, there was a decline, a falling away, a apostasy where God had to bring judgment upon His people. They are written as examples for us, but no one is listening. It's not really a mystery. Abominations committed by the unfaithfulness of God's people, brings desolation to that house.

Ezekiel 22:28
  • "And her prophets have daubed them with untempered morter, seeing vanity, and divining lies unto them, saying, Thus saith the Lord GOD, when the LORD hath not spoken."

In God's vernacular, it's like putting plaster or even paiunt over the walls of a building to conceal its flaws, weaknesses, faults, cracks, defects, etc., while not correcting the problems. The point is, whatever they do to conceal the problem, in the end these unfaithful ministers cannot hide the sin from a omniscient God who sees all.

Hebrews 4:12-13
  • "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
  • Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do."

Man's sin stands naked before God even as Adam and Eve stood naked before God without covering for theirs. But the people of the church today look deep into rationalizations and self-serving justifications to hide their sins, but their sin is naked before Him. From my perspective, today's church isn't just in decline, it is pretty much on life support. And it didn't happen overnight, but it seldom does (Genesis 6). It seems many had stopped feeding the sheep long ago, and as strange as it may sound, many have become "secular" in their mindset and thinking. This in turn has slowly (the boiling frog syndrome) brought the church down. So I don't think we need another study to determine why the church is in decline, I think the reason is as obvious as it is unpalatable to those leading the church. ...which no doubt is why they give you all these "other" reasons. But God has both warned against going this route, and has prophesied of the fall of churches who don't take head to His warnings. So it's not rocket science, it's prophesy and doctrine. It is by process of a slow, steady and continuing abandonment of faithfulness. It starts in the ministers, is passed on to the parishioners and parents, who in turn pass it on to the next generation, who then widen the gap even further. It's not in decline because the young abandoned the laws of their ministers and parents, it's in decline because the ministers and parents abandoned the laws concerning their young.

Proverbs 22:6
  • "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."
Proverbs 23:12-14
  • "Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge.
  • Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.
  • Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell."

The children were supposed to be the future of the church as ministers and parents nurtured Godly seed, but there is no Godly cultivation, no evangelism, no instruction even at home, much less abroad to the nations. How many times have you heard professing Christians claim something that is so clearly written in Scripture is not really what God "actually" meant? Or even contradict the word without any fear of God or conscience? e.g.: "a good spanking only makes a child violent himself--God knows my heart and will understand if I divorce--there are no men who can be pastors of our church--sex before marriage is inevitable--God choosing us unto salvation means I actually chose him, etc., etc. And of course, the majority of the church nods their collective head in agreement, and the Devil puts another notch on his proverbial fork. Did your parents ask you if you wanted to go to church, or did they tell you that you were going to church? But this is a new church where for all practical purposes, the children are in charge. The parishioners lead the ministers. It's all a part of a new age where Godly training has gone the way of the Mauritius Dodo bird. Is it any wonder Christian children grow up to have no desire to carry on the banner of sound Christianity? In truth, they don't even know what it is! When we place no boundaries, we can expect no boundaries, and in general that is the M.O. of today's church where almost everything is "don't judge, don't correct and let kids be kids."

Proverbs 19:18
  • " "Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying."

That not only goes for when we are rearing our personal children, but he children of God as well. Correction and chastening is a lost art in the church today. The social engineers in the church (not in the world) have taken the pulpit and sprinkled us with ideas and principles foreign to the Bible, neglecting the discipline and instruction of the Lord. A recipe that has always resulted in disaster among God's people. When we lean to our own understanding, rather than the unadulterated word of God, what the church then becomes is inevitable. Obey God and the church prospers (spiritually), disobey God and the church falls into ruin (spiritually). Rather than look for another man's opinion or a study, the Christian should have addressed the real problem long ago. A problem that is in changing Ministers, models, methods and values brought on by the increasing acceptance and reliance upon the world's morals, sensibilities, instructions and approaches, over the tried and true methodology of sound Christian doctrine.

Luke 11:33-24
  • "No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light.
  • The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness."

The congregation has made the church dark in order to fit in with the world. If our mind is enlightened with the knowledge and gospel of Christ, then our first works, or main labors, should be to bring forth that light unto others. The gospel should be as a daily or continual sacrifice, for our children, for our church and for the world. But the church has failed to propagate and promote God's truth that we are "set apart" from the world in service to God. This dereliction of duty has brought about this degeneration. Nothing outside has done it as so many professing Christians would have us believe. When we want to find the enemy or adversary of the church, we need not blame the Boggy man, Islam, Politicians or any other outside forces, we need look no further than within the covenant body itself for the evil spirit. Look in the mirror for those who have abandoned Biblical principles  and forsaken the way of God for the way of the world. The pastors and teachers that have allowed a degradation of Biblical principle, are the culprits. The church is in decline because she has broken the marriage covenant of her youth. As a harlot indulging in spiritual fornication without discretion, in her self delusion she has become a house of spiritual insanity. And where is the balm or healing for her? She blames everyone but herself for the predicament she's in, and attempts to bring correction and righteousness to the world when in truth she is the one that needs correction. She is the one who is rebellious and on the path of death.

Proverbs 2:10-18
  • "When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul;
  • Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee:
  • To deliver thee from the way of the evil man, from the man that speaketh froward things;
  • Who leave the paths of uprightness, to walk in the ways of darkness;
  • Who rejoice to do evil, and delight in the frowardness of the wicked;
  • Whose ways are crooked, and they froward in their paths:
  • To deliver thee from the strange woman, even from the stranger which flattereth with her words;
  • Which forsaketh the guide of her youth, and forgetteth the covenant of her God.
  • For her house inclineth unto death, and her paths unto the dead."

The end of my rant for today is that the corporate church is broken and has forsaken its duty as the light of the world through Christ. Is it then any wonder the candlestick is moved out of its place? She has become a social club, a stage for who's got talent, a political forum for making the world a better place, instead of a Lampstand or Candle that was commissioned to be the light of the world unto salvation. A beacon of light for Peace in the world ...Peace with God, not with the enemies of the state.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2017, 12:56:57 PM »
>>>
First of all it's not declining.
<<<

Deline: typically something becoming smaller
            or fewer in number; to decrease in size; to become less; a
            gradual and continuous loss of strength, quality,
            or value; to degenerate; a depreciation; to
            become less effective; the opposite of growth.

Unless I have a really warped idea of definitions, yes, the church "is" in decline.            

>>>
God's church will never decline because it will be here until the rapture.
<<<

That the indivisible church will be here until the rapture does not contradict, disprove or invalidate a decline, an apostasy, or a falling away from the faith of the church. The covenanted congregation of Israel fell, but the apostles remained the covenanted congregation of Israel. That didn't mean the congregation of Israel didn't fall and lose the Kingdom representation. So merely providing "proof by assertion" is not really corroboration or confirmation of your view. Remember, to the messenger of the church at Ephesus God says:

Revelation 2:5
  • "Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent."

Clearly, without ambiguity, God's witness is that the messenger of the church could indeed fall, and His church could indeed be moved out of its place. So once again, it's a matter of authority of the word versus man's theories and traditional beliefs.

>>>
Second of all, the church is the body of Christ and it can't fall or be killed.
<<<

So are you saying when God said that the church of Ephesus could be moved out of its place, that wasn't true and she would forever be positioned with God no matter what she did? When God said the messenger of that church had fallen (and not from literal heaven) and had need of repenting, He was unaware of your rule that the messenger couldn't fall nor the church be moved?

The truth is, true Christians who have been redeemed cannot fall, but the church and those within it merely professing to be Christian can and do fall all the time. We have God's witness that they can and do. His word is authoritative:

Matthew 7:24-29
  • "Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
  • And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
  • And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
  • And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
  • And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:
  • For He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes."

Upon what "authority" do you build your doctrines? So then, it's a matter of our "authority" isn't it? The authority of Christ thee WORD, versus the authority of man. Who is our governor and upon what do we build our house? On the Rock or upon sand? Clearly Christ relates this message to those listening to (hearing) His word and keeping it "versus" those who hear His word and ignore, rebel against or forsake it. When I hear Christ teach about a church being moved out of its place if the messenger doesn't repent, I hear AUTHORITY. What do you hear?

>>>
And finally, the church is Christian people, and Christian people can't decline, they are bought with a price.
<<<

The Bible is replete with professing believers turning back to their old life, falling, backsliding, declining, forsaking, etc., and being judged of God for it. The truth is, some are actually bought with a price, and some merely claim or profess that they are bought with a price. The difference is, Spirit and authority. Just as some are true Spirit filled Christians and some merely claim they are Spirit filled Christian.

2nd Peter 2:1
  • " But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction."

Perhaps you don't really understand how God is using the term bought here with relationship to false ministers, false teachers and false prophets who claim they are Christians bought with a price, but in practice denying it. i.e., a tree is known by its fruits, not by what it says of itself. Sure, they profess that they are bought where they know God, but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate (Titus 1:16). Whether they are actually bought and paid for by Christ will be revealed at the last day.

>>>
Unless you believe God can't keep us from falling.
<<<

Of course God is able to keep us from falling. He is also able to allow his ministers to fall, as He did the Scribes, Pharisees and Priests of Old Testament Israel. They were never truly saved and never really under Grace of God, so they fell. Even though they were part of the covenanted congregation and were collectively children of God. And we're no better than they were. Some will fall, some will not fall.  The difference is true redemption.

2nd Timothy 2:20
  • "But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour."

This great house is the proverbial church, and some in this house can and will most definitely fall. Not because they were saved and lost their salvation, but because they were never saved, never Christian, never bought, never built in this house upon the Rock. Selah.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren

Fred

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2017, 03:11:15 AM »
Tony, the only thing in decline is the people who visit your forum, not the church. As I said before, there is actually a great growth of Christians.

This story of Christianitys explosive growth is one of the great untold stories of our time. It's a story that North American Christians need to hear. But they won't as long as the negative nellies like you are around.

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2017, 10:57:08 AM »
Tony, the only thing in decline is the people who visit your forum, not the church.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: L.O.L.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2017, 11:22:10 AM »
Clearly, without ambiguity, God's witness is that the messenger of the church could indeed fall, and His church could indeed be moved out of its place. So once again, it's a matter of authority of the word versus man's theories and traditional beliefs.

As always. It's also interesting that while Biblical church like the strict Southern Baptists, Reformed and Presbyterian churches are seeing a decline, the churches like the Jehovah Witness and the Mormon cults are seeing a increase. Just for the reasons you say.The decline is in churches that have sound doctrine. Catholics in South America, cults and foreign religions like Islam are doing OK.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2017, 12:35:25 PM »
Quote from: Reformer
Television does bring the world up into the church and it also makes it 10 times harder to parent. Not to mention to teach and not have that teaching compromised ad eroded by the constant bombarding of humanism and worldly lusts.

Reformer,

Do you remember when we spend lazy days outside in the sunshine?  Riding a bike to the corner store to buy candy?  Walking through a small forest with a friend? Play little leagues, join Boy Scouts, attend church services and activities.  Things have changed with the generation of smartphone zombies.

Television used to be a god.  Now we have new and more powerful gods, the smartphones and tablets. The devices have turned children and adults into antisocial zombies thanks to liberal social media, YouTube Junks, Twitter rants, cyberbullying, etc.  They eventually lose interest in natural activities and relationships, and the call to serve the Lord in the Church and the communities.  Families broke up. Crimes are everywhere.  Disrespect of parent and authorities. Our government is in a mess.  The Satanic massive offensive attack on Christianity is so widespread through these technologies and false prophets/christs that could affect Christian families and bringing down the church spiritually.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

john

• Gold Member
  • A man with God is always in the majority-John Knox
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2017, 02:12:55 AM »

Back to the original question. Here is my rant. Christians are typically conservative politically- meaning they want government to leave them alone, not steal their earnings, not regulate and control them, not train their children to be unreasoning dolts in the government schools and universities, not allow crime to flourish, not unendingly lie to them, not be hypocrites, not slander, defame, demonize them and others, and to stop using the courts to pass immoral and/or foolish laws that destroy families and decimate cities.

The decline of Christianity began in earnest with the rise and acceptance of Arminian theology, but by whatever name it is called the Biblical Precepts that began the Protestant Reformation were doomed to eventual failure by the forces of evil. The means to that end is laid at the foot of Pride, as usual. Though the Reformers made large reversals against the tides of Catholicism and other heretics, it left a backdoor entry that eventually led to the defeat of Biblical Christianity.

The hermeneutical approach espoused by the Reformers was wrong-headed, borne out of pride. Rather than interpret the Bible comparing Scripture with Scripture they added the wrong approach of Literalism. It was meant to avoid wild ideas from the imagination of heretics, but the results were wild ideas from the imagination of so-called Christians. The Arminian heresy simply borrowed the Literal-Grammatical method of interpretation and turned the Bible on its head. It wasn't long before every so-called Christian sect had a unique reinterpretation that they fancied, they just invented whatever symbolic interpretation they needed to make it so.

And with that, came divorce, remarriage, works plus grace gospels, works gospels, demon worship with tongues, dreams, and visions, lying pastors, acceptance of homosexuality, homosexual marriage, drinking, worldliness, and on and on. Of course it was apparent no lay person would ever be able to make sense of it all. So the factories spat out red-letter Bibles with commentaries and notes - to make sure you arrive at the right conclusion. Except it is mostly the wrong conclusion based on a bad hermeneutic principles. To help further, the factories made more Bible versions, one after the other, being very careful to translate their original corrupt manuscripts most inaccurately and then further have linguists smooth over the speed bumps God put there, so once again, everyone arrives at the right (read wrong) conclusion.

Now, with that out of the way. There are only two world views: man-centered and God-centered. That's it. The God-centered world view is abhorred by the world. There are only two political parties: man-centered and God-centered. That's it. Those who uphold divorce for any cause, homosexuality, homosexual marriage, gender fluidity, sexual immorality, fornication, adultery, and promote killing babies and selling dead baby parts -- whose racist policies target Blacks and Hispanics as somehow fundamentally inferior and needing constant government intervention because they are too special and too weak to survive on their own, who do and say anything to gain power and when in power corrupt and destroy every institution that the God-centered party holds dear ... so that the entire country slides into a pit of sewage, that is the man-centered group. Out of the man-centered world view comes the tolerance of crime and corruption, leaving cities crumbling and the poor left to live a hellish existence in the cesspool the Progressives created.

As spiritual darkness descends upon this nation, so blossoms the Black Flower that is the Progressive Left - unafraid of being thrown out of office, they no longer need to hide their hatred for America or its people. They see the way forward is cleared. They can easily usher in their much sought after Utopian world that they think will bring peace and prosperity. Through Progressive Socialism and Neo-Marxist policies, naturally. The party of the KKK, eugenics, 150 years of violent opposition to civil rights and the promotion of unbridled racism that is borne out of their own man-centered world view, knows how to control the masses. When in charge they rip down all reminders of the God-centered past of this nation. The Bible is near becoming labelled a "hate book" under their world view it is intolerant. Christians are often labelled as belonging to a "hate group" and are not beyond biased government officials punishing Conservative/Christian groups. It won't be long before, like the Socialists of 1935 Germany, the Progressive Left descends into its true and final form as a Totalitarian Socialist/Marxist militant regime: intolerant, hateful, raging at anyone that thinks different than themselves. But especially those who remind them that God is and will be their Judge.

You have watched, if you are old enough, the rapid coarsening of language, the increase hatred espoused by the Progressive Left, the shouting down, insulting, vilifying and demonizing those they disagree with, always attempting to silence their opposition rather than try and win on the stage of ideas (they can't). Propaganda is their tool, with the media a willing partner. The media is just another arm of the DNC, propaganda 24/7. Slander, lies, insults, and failed policies that get people killed here at home, and causes the deaths of tens of thousands, if not millions worldwide is their legacy. A result of their moral code of fairness and equality of outcome.

At home darkness envelops the ignorant masses, convinced the Progressive Left will save them from the horror of their man-centered sinful lives. Little do they realize it is the policies of the Progressive Left that freed them to unleash that horror. And Christians and other thinking people watch the rise of poverty, drug use, alcoholism, suicide, gang shootings and stabbing each night with dead children in the streets, with the poor hiding in government projects huddled in fear day and night as the Progressive Left voters shoot it out. Open borders are policy and terrorists enter unhindered. Sanctuary Cities hide criminals from the Law and criminals flourish. Open rebellion is everywhere. Lawlessness rules by day and night. No one can be trusted, not the citizens, government officials, or judges of the law - they are all using corrupt scales to weight justice.

Out of the chaos of a fallen Bible, a fallen Church, a fallen Christianity, a fallen moral code and all the destruction that goes with it - a handful of people, mostly Christians, Constitutional Conservatives, a variety of Deists, and those believing in right-and-wrong if only as a distant childhood memory, rise up. These "see" the devastation wrought by the emboldened Progressive Left and oppose the worship of the State as God .... and they decide each one to oppose the evil they see and seek to end the oppression of the weak. Though the Progressive Left tried to lie and cheat their way toward power, to once again buy their base with other people's money and with promises to further legalize immorality, they were stopped, but barely.

So, yes the decline of Christianity is tied to the rise of a political Christian or right-wing that wants the Constitution to be obeyed, the Federal Laws to be obeyed, to have America secure its borders, defeat our enemies both here and abroad, and to get the State's boot-heel off the necks of workers and entrepreneurs, and unleash innovation and creativity again.

They just want the Progressive Left to stop insisting everyone think like them, to stop the insults, the hate, and end the violence in our cities.

The Progressive Left composed of God-haters, criminals, violent-minded people are mostly ignorant and uneducated - easily led and unable to reason or discern they go for the carrot on the stick. They are taught hate in school, via media, and in colleges. Feeling a sense of superiority and self-righteousness they seek to destroy anything that hints of absolutes - absolute truth, morality, right vs. wrong, common law ... are are abandoned and the opposite viewpoint is promoted. The Left has no moral anchor except what ever will buy a vote. If it gets votes ... a man is a woman and a woman is a man. If it gets votes you are whatever you think you are. If it promotes the equality of outcome they demand, then a man marries a man, or marries two men or three, or marries a horse, doesn't matter. The goal is to overthrow the family unit. Marriage is devoid of meaning. Where 3 + 3 used to mean 6, now it means 7, 8, or whatever you want. What do the people who vote for the man-centered get? They get freedom to sin. They get the life-blood of other people's life. They get a free cell phone. But as long as the votes are cast for their Progressive overlords it matters not the destruction they cause, to maintain power no lie is too small, no crime too big.

Yes, some Christians see a duty to defend this country against the godless who seek its destruction. The more 'spiritual' Christians see it as folly, as God did not put us here to save the country they cry. They say we are only to evangelize not change culture. Perhaps, but it is possible to evangelize the lost AND in your own small sphere of influence, when the subject arises, educate them on why their lives suck, why they can't leave their house at night, why government robbery is wrong and counterproductive. I'm not advocating mixing the Gospel with Politics, they are separate, but not mutually exclusive. Note well, the Left is at war against most on this forum. They do want to take your right to speak and evangelize away, very much. They used to fear the people, but no longer. In short time they will do it. This and many other sites will be forced down. Church pastors will be jailed. You will be silenced. The Left is seeking to destroy - and you are in their way.

Destroy they have and will (which to them is progress). But I'm glad to see their errors and folly exposed, even if few are paying attention. Sure they are unreasoning beasts, they never take their failure to heart. It is just on to the next lie. But it is good to know that there are still some people capable of reasoning and truth in these last end-time days of darkness. There are even fewer capable of spiritual reasoning, far fewer. as that requires a different spirit only God provides. Yet, in their own ways both are little heavenly fragrances when and where reason defeats madness. Little islands of truth appear here and there, not to defeat the stench and vileness that infests the world. But as reminders that God is on the Throne and though all the people go mad, it is but a short while ... then the end and the scales are balanced.

Perhaps I'm alone, but it still amazes me, the level of wickedness men are capable of sinking to, the distance they will travel to excuse or defend a lie, the depths to which they will descend to attack and smear their enemies, and the emptiness of the darkness that possess their soul such that they are unable to see the toll of human wreckage they caused and promote. But such is the madness of the age.

john
Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!

Colleen

• I will make you free indeed
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2017, 03:07:11 PM »
Tony, the only thing in decline is the people who visit your forum, not the church.

That's probably true because there is a decline of the real church, and real Christians are the ones who visit here. Not people like yourself who only want to hear everything is great, or that we are allowed to do things that the Bible says we can't, or that the church is as faithful as it ever was. Yes, with the decline of the true church comes a decline of sound Christians. That should be obvious to anyone with half a brain.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]