[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Should Believers Marry Unbelievers?  (Read 38815 times)

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
Re: Should Believers Marry Unbelievers?
« Reply #195 on: June 11, 2018, 01:11:05 AM »
Rather than having sex before marriage, how about not having sex before marriage. OH, what a novel approach!

An idealist? You're living in the dark ages.

Tony preaching obedience to Gods word is being an idealist? I guess you are right since a person who is guided by the righteous ideals of scripture rather than by carnal practical considerations would be a idealist.

But you are wrong about the dark. He's living in the light. I know that's hard for you to understand  because it is you who is blinded and living in the dark age.

Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #196 on: July 11, 2018, 02:47:32 AM »
Rather than having sex before marriage, how about not having sex before marriage. OH, what a novel approach!

An idealist?

If that means he holds to the ideals of scripture I'm sure that's what all Christians should be. Supporting homosexuality is against God's law. A Christian marrying a unbeliever is against God's law. Having sex before marriage is against God's law. Teaching others that it's impractical to refrain is against God's law. So who cares about God's laws? The man of sin or the man of righteousness? Well, I can only speak for myself, and I certainly do.

You're living in the dark ages.

We're all living in the dark age, let us pray we'll receive grace of God and be afforded the privilege to be with him in the light, in the age to come.

mimib

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #197 on: July 12, 2018, 10:01:26 PM »
  :iagree:
Mary

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #198 on: July 13, 2018, 07:50:34 AM »

An idealist? You're living in the dark ages.

This is the horror of irony. So your approach is that since you believe that Christians cannot stop sinning, let's just forgo preaching obedience to God's word because that makes us idealists? Let's not teach our kids to refrain from sex until after marriage? You're saying being a God fearing Christian is impractical? How do you reconcile this worldly philosophy of yours with actually being a Christian?  )Say_what(

ZeroCool

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #199 on: July 13, 2018, 11:19:03 AM »
This is the horror of irony. So your approach is that since you believe that Christians cannot stop sinning, let's just forgo preaching obedience to God's word because that makes us idealists? Let's not teach our kids to refrain from sex until after marriage? You're saying being a God fearing Christian is impractical?

This is the exact reason God forbids Christians from marrying unbelievers. Because of the two competing philosophies that will inevitably cause us to butt heads and will turn us away from Godly principles. Exactly why!

How do you reconcile this worldly philosophy of yours with actually being a Christian?  )Say_what(

There is no reconciling this view with being a Christian. Reconcile means to rejoin or to restore friendly relations between two. You cannot reconcile that philosophy with Christianity. And Please, no one post that I should not judge, because that's a ridiculous retort.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #200 on: July 13, 2018, 06:48:57 PM »
This is the exact reason God forbids Christians from marrying unbelievers. Because of the two competing philosophies that will inevitably cause us to butt heads and will turn us away from Godly principles. Exactly why!

Absolutely! And isn't that what he said to Israel for why they were not to mix with the heathen?

"Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son. For they will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the LORD be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly. Deuteronomy 7:3-4"

Why are Christians so spiritually void of understanding, and so hard headed?

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #201 on: July 23, 2018, 09:39:05 AM »

Absolutely! And isn't that what he said to Israel for why they were not to mix with the heathen?

"Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son. For they will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the LORD be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly. Deuteronomy 7:3-4"

Why are Christians so spiritually void of understanding, and so hard headed?

Far be it for me to judge, but could it possibly be because they're not really Christians?  :o

Ask yourself, are Christians void of understanding? Do Christians love lies? Are Christians continually deceitful? Are Christians offended and angry whenever the truth is presented?

Joh 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

If we really want to get to the meat of the matter, the real reason why so-called Christians are void of understanding and reject the truth is because they profess Christ, but don't have his spirit, which is a spirit of truth. When Christ says, "even because ye cannot hear my word," "ye are of the Devil, "he's saying there is a reason they cannot and will not hear the truth. It's because it hasn't been given them to hear by his spirit.

Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

The true Christians receive it but Christ says the world cannot receive it. The spirit they have is adversarial and cannot bear or tolerate the truth. Whoever has the spirit of disobedience, obviously the truth of God's law is offensive to them. That is exactly why they become angry when you contradict their hypocrisy or their words with the word of truth. They then want you silenced (Revelation 11) or eliminated just as they wanted Christ and his words eliminated. When you get your mind too much concerned about the things of this world, then you neglect God's laws and truth, being so enamored with the course of this world. Which we all were at one time or another. Put your eyes on Christ and neglect the worldly course and you can't go wrong.

Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

When you've got your mind in the world, you end up hating the truth and that's why worldly people seek to corrupt or pervert truth for their own  prejudices, and are resolved not to understand and deny what a truthful witness. Their pride, vanity, and worldliness opposes truth because it reveals their lies, hypocrisy and deceit. Those without the spirit like their works to be in the darkness so that you can't really know exactly what they are doing. That's why God uses that metaphor that hidden things are revealed in the light. People can say they are Christian and their works are righteous but in the light of Christ it is revealed to be deceitful.

Mr 4:22-23 For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad. If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.

If any man have an ear where he is not deaf to God's truth, let him hear. If any man have eyes where he is not blind to the truth, let hiim see. If any man have the spirit of truth like the Bereans to actually seek truth over blind justification, let him receive truth rather than fight against it.

God hates Divorce. God says don't marry an unbeliever. God hates a Liar and false witness.

Bottom line, the reason why sinners do not understand what truth is, and what the Bible and its doctrines says, is because they cannot bear the truth because it makes what they want to believe, a lie. That goes for people inside and outside the church. Those outside we can understand because they're not really acquainted with the truth, those inside will receive the greater judgment because they are among the spirit but not in it, and they should know better.

Stan Pat

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #202 on: July 23, 2018, 11:38:01 AM »
 )GoodPopst( You, Tony and Trevor are the voices of reason here.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]