[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Should Christians Celebrate Easter?  (Read 15462 times)

Tamara

• 🌴"The Righteous Shall Flourish Like The Palm Tree"
Re: Should Christians Celebrate Easter?
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2017, 10:30:14 PM »

Tamara

• 🌴"The Righteous Shall Flourish Like The Palm Tree"
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2017, 10:32:03 PM »
Easter Sunday Sermon on Ezekiel's Dry Bones

http://www.mountain-retreat.org/sermons/can-these-bones-live.shtml

by Rev. Adrian Dieleman

Reformer, thank you also for linking this biblical and topical sermon!

Daisy

• Daisy means day's eye in innocent happiness.
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2017, 02:16:57 AM »
Romans 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day [alike]. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

For those brethren who set aside this special day of celebration have a very blessed Easter Sunday!

Thanks Tamara, We had a outstanding Easter complete with celebration of the Resurrection, enthusiastic prayer, gratitude and thanksgiving!   
:God:Bl-U:

Fred

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2017, 04:22:18 AM »

Great and topical sermon Reformer. Happy Easter Sunday Everyone!

Do they even have Easter in China or are you another immigrant to this country?

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • Psalms 52:8
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2017, 11:02:04 PM »

What do you have against immigrants Fred? Don't you know we built this country?

Fred

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2017, 07:17:51 AM »
This is  :offtopic: according to rules melanie, you should know that :)

But since you asked, what I have against immigrants is that I'm a red blooded, conservative Trump supporting right thinking Christian American who wants to see this country great again. Immigrants only drain the little resources we have now, take away jobs and bring their godless religions to this country. Liberals like you don't understand what conservative Christians do about diluting the gene pool. We can be thankful for a man like Trump who does and who isn't afraid to stand up against special interest groups, democrats and tree hugging Amillennialist liberals who distort Christian principles like Obama.

But hope you had a happy easter   :danceBanana:

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2017, 10:16:55 PM »
But since you asked, what I have against immigrants is that I'm a red blooded, conservative Trump supporting right thinking Christian American who wants to see this country great again. Immigrants only drain the little resources we have now, take away jobs and bring their godless religions to this country.

Which is just another good reason not to be a Republican, and remain Christian instead.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • Psalms 52:8
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2017, 06:12:00 AM »
This is  :offtopic: according to rules melanie, you should know that :)

You are correct. Admin, could you please delete! Thanks!

Hammerle Labinowic

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2017, 04:06:55 AM »
>>>
     5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

You remind me of the Scribes and Pharisees that complained that people the Disciples were defiled because they came to eat without washing their hands. It's the same self-righteous mindset.

Nothing in that quotation that you presented from Romans 14:2-5 supports your argument that it is okay to insert man-made traditions into one's Christian worship.
<<<

The text is clearly talking about Pharisaic hypocrisy in condemning other Christians who don't see eating certain meats as unclean, or who esteem or judge one day as special over another, as if they were their judges. So yes, it absolutely has to do with your comments. God (not Reformer) asks, "Who are you that judges another man's servant" in regard to this. Does He not? To his Master he stands or falls, and Yea, he shall be held up: for God is able to make him stand. So this slight of hand doesn't change the facts of what the word of God says concerning Christians esteeming one day special over another, not being unbiblical, nor of the pious hypocrisy of those who judge these Christians in this regard. Whether I eat pork, whether I esteem Easter a day to celebrate Christ's resurrection, whether I go to church on December 25th for a special religious celebration of the Lord's birth, is not your business or right to judge, nor is it an unclean thing.

I couldn't agree more.  I've read this whole thread this weekend and I must say I find NeutralZone's arguments not only uncompelling, but pathologically unreasonable. Like others said, it's just common sense that Christians can worship God on any day they choose. Monday through Sunday, it doesn't matter what day we choose to do a special worship service towards him. The same arguments NeutralZone made against Christmas day can be applied to Sunday, Tuesday and Saturday, and he completely ignored that they were all pagan days, named for Pagan gods. I mean he completely ignored that. That tells me that he is blinded in his beliefs and are automatically rejecting any biblical support that would make him appear judgmental or self righteous. I would have loved to ask him if he was a member of the Jehovah's Witnesses? Because I've come across his type of brainwashing in that group before and they do take the same position on holidays, including birthdays.

Peng Bao

« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2017, 10:54:11 AM »

Not an immigrant, but I have worked and lived there and enjoyed my time there. Hoping to get back sometime, if Trump allows it.  Actually we do have and celebrate Easter in China. Probably more than where you live. Unfortunately, like where you live, it has become something less than a pointed observance. The sermon Reformer posted is what we should be getting back to in celebrating Easter.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]