[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: New User Wanting Information  (Read 241 times)

Henry

• Obviously I'm a Novice
New User Wanting Information
« on: March 12, 2017, 07:01:42 PM »
Tony, I hope this is the right place to post this. How can I find out more about your branch of Reformed Theology? I've been reading the website, and now getting into the forum and it is extremely exciting to learn the proper way of interpreting scripture. It makes so much more sense to me now that I know there is actually a method to it. Especially the book of Revelation which I could never get a grasp on before. Do you Pastor a church? If so, where? Thanks.

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
Re: New User Wanting Information
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 06:27:35 AM »
>>>
How can I find out more about your branch of Reformed Theology?
<<<

Hi, and welcome. There's no secret formula, it's simply the biblical Christianity of the church. In other words, the doctrines of grace and the reliance upon the word of God alone as the ultimate authority, which has been a foundation and Christian doctrine since the beginning. It just seems new and different today because so many churches have removed the ancient landmarks and have strayed far away from the boundaries of God's children. The church is no longer separated from the world, but has encroached on another's territory. We can find out more about Biblical Christianity by not leaning to our own understanding, but faithfully following God's unadulterated word.

>>>
I've been reading the website, and now getting into the forum and it is extremely exciting to learn the proper way of interpreting scripture. It makes so much more sense to me now that I know there is actually a method to it. Especially the book of Revelation which I could never get a grasp on before.
<<<

Books like Revelation, Zechariah or Daniel, etc., are not actually different, just more cryptic than most other books of the Bible and require a challenging hermeneutic of carefully comparing Scriptures with Scriptures and allowing God to be His own interpreter of words, types, images and figures, rather than the popular system of speculation, hypothesis, assumption and supposition. Unfortunately, this latter seems to be the course of "most" theologians concerning these books. Sound methodology does make for a exciting and enriching revelation experience concerning eschatology.

>>>
Do you Pastor a church? If so, where? Thanks.
<<<

I am not a Pastor of a church, just a lowly servant of God who writes articles and blogs about holding to faithful theology, eschatology, doctrines, interpretations and sound hermeneutics.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Henry

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 04:11:05 PM »
Thanks Tony. Lastly, I know Psalms 32, but what does nosce te ipsum mean?

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 06:49:57 AM »
    >>>
    Lastly, I know Psalms 32, but what does nosce te ipsum mean?
    <<<

It is used in conjunction with Psalms 32:5, is Latin and means "know thyself." In relationship to Christianity and my tagline it means to recognize the sinful, lustful, vain, selfish, corrupt and wicked nature of man. Recognition of our true state (as opposed to how the world wants us to think of ourselves) is the beginning of wisdom and recognition of the Lord as the "only possible solution" and Savior. When you truly know yourself, you know you are a compulsive sinner and there is no possible resolution to the sin question, except admission, repentance and throwing yourself upon the mercy of God. It's a total dependence upon Christ for deliverance as there is no other possible solution.

Acts 4:12
    list]
    • "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Here the apostle holds up the Lord Jesus Christ emphatically as the one universal Hope of mankind in answering the sin question. When we are enlightened by the Spirit, only then do we come to truly "know ourselves" as the worms that we truly are, and we realize that salvation is only in surrender and depend entirely upon the unmerited mercy of God for salvation. We're wretched creatures before a holy God, we don't deserve salvation and we cannot earn it--it is only by the unmerited favor of God that we receive it. The fear of the Lord (which none of the upright in their own eyes have) is the beginning of this wisdom. By the Spirit we recognize what we are, we repent, we ask forgiveness, and it is given to us. To truly know yourself, is to finally have knowledge of the Lord.

Proverbs 2:5-6
    • "Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
    • For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding."

To know yourself is to fear God wherein we find knowledge of the Lord and are made the righteousness of God in Him. I hope that answers your question.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
    Tony Warren
    "I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]