[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: The Decline of the Church  (Read 10679 times)

nicoengelbrecht

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: The Decline of the Church
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2006, 01:58:52 AM »
Doug,
Worshipping with rock music is an abomonation to God.  When the first missionaries arrived in Africa and people got saved by grace drums were thrown out.  Now we bring them in again.   It is not culture it is the principles that stays.  Contemporary music especialy rock is wordly and plays and sing lirics about sex, drugs, rebellion, violence and the occultisch repertitions.  The church has brought the world in the church.  It seems like today when you are in the church you are out of the true church.  You do not need to make your church people friendly to bring them to the church, it is the Holy Spirit that draws people.  When you get saved by esthetic and ecstatic music that titilates the flesh and you think such goosebumbs is the Holy Spirit I wander into what you get saved?
Nico

iGreg

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2006, 02:41:03 AM »

Can we all agree that just because there has been a little spiritual decline in the churches, doesn't mean it's the end of the world? There was decline in the days of the reformation as well.

A little spiritual decline? From supporting divorce, to works gospels, to signs & wonders, the  earthly "church" is either finished or on its last legs.

Mitchell

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2006, 06:45:57 AM »
I know that there are some things going on with Church that are kinda weird but I think that the church is not as bad as it probably used to be. Some people have already said that the Church was just as bad or worse in the 1500s. I mean the Church use to burn people they thought were witches so that's pretty bad don't you think?

Pamela

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2006, 08:28:48 AM »

Posted by: Mitchell
I know that there are some things going on with Church that are kinda weird but I think that the church is not as bad as it probably used to be. Some people have already said that the Church was just as bad or worse in the 1500s. I mean the Church use to burn people they thought were witches so that's pretty bad don't you think?

The church has always had problems, but one of the worst of them is indifference!  At least back in the 1500's they reconginized witchcraft!  Now they even allow that to some extent in the church!

Pam

bloodstone

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2006, 09:50:56 AM »
Mitchel, here's a good quote from a theologian concerning your philosophy.

In Ezekiel 9, verses 8-10, the Bible says:

And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said. Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem? Then said he unto me, The iniquity of the house of Israel and Judah is exceeding great, and the land is full of blood, and the city full of perverseness: for they say, The LORD hath forsaken the earth, and the LORD seeth not. And as for me also, mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity, but I will recompense their way upon their head.

These verses disclose God’s conclusion concerning the condition of the churches. We can argue with God that our church is not that bad, that our minister is sincere and faithful, that we cannot see how God can bring His judgment of our church, and that we need more time to think this out, but God is teaching that misjudgment will fall.

Look at the picture God has given. The city and the sanctuary are filled with those who have been slain. Verse 7 records:

And he said unto them, Defile the house, and till the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city.

Can the remnant remain in the city? We have learned from many passages that the true believers are to depart out. The city has become a house of the dead.

If the Holy Spirit is no longer in the midst of that church, those present have been lured into a death trap.

A significant phrase is emphasized in these verses. In verse 9, God declares, “The iniquity of the house of Israel and Judah is exceeding great, and the land is full of blood.”

What does it mean that the land is full of blood? Do realize that when a church is holding its members by insisting that it remains faithful and God is still saving, effectively, they are calling for spiritual death upon those in attendance. If the Holy Spirit is no longer in the midst of that church. those present have been lured into a death trap. God is no longer saving there and yet their trust is that by being there, God might save them. What a horrible situation.  And the longer they remain in the church, the greater the reality that “for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie” (II Thessalonians 2:11). Then suddenly, it is the last day. Once we get to the last day, it is too late for salvation. There is no hope for those remaining unsaved. This will be a sad day for those who remained in the churches, hoping that God would save them.

We cannot fall into the trap of thinking that all is well or that no church is perfect or that things were worse back in the early church days.  Because that is part of the strong delusion that justifies this sin in the churches. We have to be honest about it. Look at Tony's tagline. It says "I acknowledge my sin." That's the way Christians should feel about it, not take the position of saying there is worse sin somewhere else.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • Psalms 52:8
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2014, 11:27:10 PM »
A little spiritual decline? From supporting divorce, to works gospels, to signs & wonders, the  earthly "church" is either finished or on its last legs.

This startling headline grabs our attention: “Religion May Become Extinct in Nine Nations“. Reported by the BBC, a group of researchers, using something called nonlinear dynamics, has found indication that religion is not only declining but heading toward extinction in at least nine nations (Australia, Austria, Canada, the Czech Republic, Finland, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand and Switzerland). Of course, while Biblical Christianity isn’t the only religion involved in the study, it is the “big one” from which these nations are turning. Thus, though such statistics aren’t surprising, they are a sharpening of the discouraging picture of true spirituality in the northern hemisphere. What does such information have to do with us?

Soldier

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2014, 05:18:32 AM »
Melanie,
Islam is the one religion that is not declining but growing around the world. And you know why? Because they actually care that it grows and that they make disciples of men. Unlike Christianity, they actually evangelize in their mosques, when they meet people and on the web. By contrast, Christianity is all but become an idle self service religion where the object is to help yourself get better rather than bring in disciples. Christianity has fallen into the malaise of apathy and indifference concerning evangelism. There is little left except empty pews or pews full of dancing or rocking unbelievers.

When we examine the cold, hard facts and numbers, it is simply not possible to come to any other conclusion but that the Church is in decline. Even pews in false churches like Roman Catholicism are becoming empty. In this country alone the facts tell us that over the last few decades, the percentage of Christians here has been steadily declining. Despite all the "moral majority" nonsense the truth is hard to swallow about the fall of the Church. The only question for me is, was this prophesied or is it just part of a cycle of rise and decline?

Doug Johnson

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2014, 07:18:21 AM »
When we examine the cold, hard facts and numbers, it is simply not possible to come to any other conclusion but that the Church is in decline. Even pews in false churches like Roman Catholicism are becoming empty.

It's possible to come to another conclusion, but first you have to stop being brain washed by anti-Catholic haters. The Catholic church pews are not becoming empty, we've grown in South America by leaps and bounds over the protestant sects. What we do is consolidate churches, rather than close them like the Protestants. Did you ever stop to think that the reason Protestant churches are declining is because they're not loving churches and people can now recognize that. What with the internet and all, you can't pull the wool over people's eyes like you use to.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2014, 10:38:48 AM »

It's possible to come to another conclusion, but first you have to stop being brain washed by anti-Catholic haters.

Not at all, we love the Catholic Church, and hope that someday even you might become a member of it, rather than the Roman Church. As the Lord says, with God all things are possible. Because we tell you the truth doesn't mean that we hate you.

Mt 5:43  Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
 45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
 46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
 47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
 48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Mitchell

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2014, 11:19:08 AM »
Interesting article. Things have gotten a lot worse since then.

The Decline of the Church

By David R. Sincerbox|Published Date: October 17, 2011

The problem
In the May-June 2006 issue of Outreach magazine, Rebecca Barnes and Lindy Lowry reported that actual church attendance of Americans was half of what pollsters reported—a mere twenty percent (“Special Report: The American Church in Crises”). They stated:

“While Gallup polls and other statisticians have turned in the same percentage—about 40% of the population—of average weekend church attendees for the past 70 years, a different sort of research paints quite a disparate picture of how many Americans attend a local church on any given Sunday.

“Initially prompted to discover how church plants in America were really doing, Olson, director of church planting for the Evangelical Covenant Church (covchurch.org), began collecting data in the late ‘80s, gradually expanding his research to encompass overall attendance trends in the Church. In his study, he tracked the annual attendance of more than 200,000 individual Orthodox Christian churches (the accepted U.S. church universe is 330,000). To determine attendance at the remaining 100,000-plus Orthodox Christian churches, he used statistical models, which included multiplying a church’s membership number by the denomination’s membership-to-attendance ratio.

“His findings reveal that the actual rate of church attendance from head counts is less than half of the 40% the pollsters report. Numbers from actual counts of people in Orthodox Christian churches show that in 2004, 17.7% of the population attended a Christian church on any given weekend.

“Another study published in 2005 in The Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion by sociologists C. Kirk Hadaway and Penny Long Marler—known for their scholarly research on the Church—backs up his findings. Their report reveals that the actual number of people worshipping each week is closer to Olson’s 17.7% figure—52 million people instead of the pollster-reported 132 million (40%).”

When Barnes and Lowry asked various church leaders what should be done about this decline, not one of them stated that the American church should re-examine its purpose and see if it was in accordance with Scripture. Bill Hybels stated that “churches needed new vision.” Kirbyan Caldwell stated, “We must intentionally identify, predict and meet the needs of people—or else decline.” Caldwell then stated that if “you don't adjust your methodology and strategy, you will lose market share.” Bob Coy stated, “I believe we need to mobilize and ask ourselves some hard questions: What is our church doing in the downtown city? Is there a village in Africa where people are dying of AIDS? Are we just building big buildings?” David Anderson stated that he saw “a correlation between multicultural population growth and no church growth.”

The Church is not growing in Europe and America; yet is growing in Asia, Africa, and South America. There believers have little access to the kinds of packaged programs, lavish facilities, and orchestrated marketing techniques now familiar across the ecclesiastical landscape in America. Could it be that our lack of growth is the result of our marketing the faith of Christ as if it were just another product to be consumed?

Certainly it seems that the more we seek to attract people through the methods of programs and marketing, the more we are losing people to the relativism and sensuality of the age. A hungry, homeless person, peering into a dumpster, might have her eyes captured by a food container’s bright, glitzy packaging, but if the container is empty, she will still remain hungry.
Chesterton once famously explained that it wasn’t that people had tried Christianity and found it to be wanting. It was that they hadn’t tried it. Today it seems as though millions of people, who have tried the contemporary version of the faith of Christ are finding it to be wanting, and they’re simply moving on to something else.

What can be done, not only to arrest the present decline in church worship, but to identify the real reasons the Church is in decline, and to begin doing something about it? This series hopes to provide some perspective on how we as believers may join together to bring renewal – real, lasting renewal – to the churches of the land.
What about your church? Is your church growing? Reaching out to your community? How would you describe your church’s approach to bringing the faith of Jesus to the people around you?

Order Chuck Colson’s book, Being the Body, and begin learning about what the Church is supposed to be. You might also want to read the article, “Contend for the Faith, Part III: Pragmatism,” by T. M. Moore. For more insight to the importance of good discipline, get the book, The Spirit of the Disciplines, by Dallas Willard, from the online store. Or read the article, “Repertoires of Discipleship,” by T. M. Moore.

Rick Reeves

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2015, 11:24:15 PM »

"God works to over throw the ungodly, and increasingly the world will come under the dominion of Christians, not by military aggression, but by godly labor, saving, in vestment, and orientation toward the future... This is where history is going. The future belongs to the people of God, who obey His laws --David Chilton"

Perhaps many here are just to pessimistic. :(

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2015, 07:40:49 AM »
Yes indeedy!  The church today seems more alive than ever with its arms reaching to feed the hungry and clothe the poor and reach deep into areas like south america. They are preaching Christ with great zeal.  By contrast, many Christians choose to divide with exclusive doctrines and speaking against other people's sins. They should look to themselves. The thread on divorce is just one example. How many of those hypocrites do you think are divorced or have been divorced? My educated guess (seeing the divorce rate among Christians) is more than a few. Yet they want to tell others not to divorce. That's just bad.

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2015, 12:08:11 PM »
>>>
Yes indeedy!  The church today seems more alive than ever
<<<

Revelation 3:1
  • "And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead."

In other words, this is a church that takes the name of the living Christ illustrating that they are alive (Christian), but in fact they are dead. This is how many churches are today. Calling themselves Christian, while in rebellion against the word that Christ stands for. They may "seem" more alive than ever to some, but that is because many has chosen the broad way, the less restrictive way, the way of death rather than Christ. And (like Israel before them) they don't even know it because they blindly follow men and justify themselves in doing so.

>>>
with its arms reaching to feed the hungry and clothe the poor and reach deep into areas like south america.  They are preaching Christ with great zeal.
<<<

There are all types of gospels that Christ didn't institute. There are the political gospels, the prosperity gospels, the me gospels and the social gospels. This is the social gospel that has so insidiously been brought into the church under the guise of what Christ actually taught about charity (agape) or benevolent love. When Christ said feed my sheep, He didn't mean pass your food off to the unsaved of the world, rather to feed them with the word of God. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't literally help poor people, rather that is not what Christ was teaching in promoting His gospel message. The same with ministers preaching the political and prosperity gospels. Christ spoke of people even in His day who talked a good game, but who had hearts that weren't set on Him, but firmly upon themselves. In other words, they followed the words of men rather than God's word. Whose authority was decidedly not the commandments of God, but the commandments and traditions of men. Just as there are today. These congregations who do such things are nothing new, nor is the fact that many are deceived by them. But they preach in vain, no matter if the claim to be speaking for Christ or not.

Matthew 15:8-9
  • "This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
  • But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

Preaching Christ means preaching His Word, not the commandments of men masquerading as God's precepts.

>>>
By contrast, many Christians choose to divide with exclusive doctrines and speaking against other people's sins.
<<<

Not other people's sins, but sins. A silent Christian who doesn't eschew evil is no Christian at all. By exclusive doctrines, do you mean election or God's word as prohibitive, restrictive, narrow, particular or indiscriminate? And speaking against sins as bearing Witness to God's word? If that's what you mean, then the divide is a division of professed Christians from Christ and His servants. Yes, I agree that man often insists on his or her own interpretation of things over what God has actually stated, but to separate our doctrines from theirs is not a division of Christ, but an illustration of the faith of Christ. A wise man once said, "The Holy Spirit is no Skeptic, and the things He has written in our hearts are not doubts or opinions, but assertions--surer and more certain than sense and life itself." I concur with that sentiment. You cannot divide the indivisible. What you can do is

Luke 6:43-45
  • "For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
  • For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.
  • A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh."

It is from the heart the mouth usually speaks. Whether of self-justification and disobedience or of authority of the Word and a servant's surrender to it.

>>>
They should look to themselves. The thread on divorce is just one example. How many of those hypocrites do you think are divorced or have been divorced? My educated guess (seeing the divorce rate among Christians) is more than a few. Yet they want to tell others not to divorce.
<<<

I don't know who you might be talking about, but as for myself I've never been divorced. Nevertheless, even if I had, and having seen the light and repented, that would not stop me from preaching the truth of sin as clearly written within scripture. The apostle Paul was a murderer, but God regenerated him and transformed his heart. Should that prevent him from preaching God's truth against murder? Of course not, so the whole logic is warped. When you are born again, old things are passed away, all things are become new. On the contrary, it would be his obligation to preach against it to warn others.

1st Timothy 1:15
  • "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief."

Because the Apostle was the chiefest of sinners, should that have dissuaded him from preaching against sin? With your rationale it would. No, the true hypocrites are those who call themselves Christian, but keep their witness in a closet. Those pretending to have the virtue of Christ, a new life and following Christ, while rejecting His unadulterated Word as authoritative. These are the charlatans, the real frauds, the whited sepulchers, the deceitful, the deceivers, the masqueraders, wolves in sheep's clothing, etc.

Matthew 7:15-19
  • "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
  • Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
  • Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
  • A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
  • Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire."

Is a candle brought to be put under a bushel, or under a bed, and not to be set on a candlestick?

>>>
That's just bad.
<<<

No, that's just faithful testimony. Because as servants of Christ, we are not only responsible for what we say, but also for what we do not say.

"nosce te ipsum"
Tony Warren

"Many pastors have destroyed my vineyard, they have trodden my portion under foot, they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness. They have made it desolate, and being desolate it mourneth unto me; the whole land is made desolate, because no man layeth it to heart. The spoilers are come upon all high places through the wilderness: for the sword of the LORD shall devour from the one end of the land even to the other end of the land: no flesh shall have peace. -Jeremiah 12:10-12"
The Doctrines of Grace!

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2015, 01:01:36 PM »
>>>
God works to over throw the ungodly,
<<<

It depends on what you mean by overthrowing the ungodly, because as long as this world continues with man upon it, there will always be the ungodly. God has no intention of overthrowing men, rulers, kingdoms, leaders, politics, economies, presidents, etc., so there will always be ungodly people, rulers and nations in this world "...Till He Come!" So if you mean by that some sort of Christianized world (as many have supposed), frankly, that is a pipe dream rather than an actual prophesied Biblical reality. Indeed, scripture teaches that the world will become less and less Christian, not more. Christ's kingdom is not expanded on earth by making the earth Christian, but by making Christians from those of all nations upon the earth. And when all nations have been sealed, Satan is loosed as judgment upon a decaying church and world. ...as indeed history illustrates it always is whenever God has stepped in to usher His wrath and judgment (i.e., the flood, sodom, the fall of Israel, etc.). His coming is not preceded by worldwide righteousness.

Luke 18:7-8
  • "And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
  • I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?"

God doesn't work to overthrown the ungodly in this world unless they are standing in the way of His divine will. But God will overthrow "all" the ungodly, at the last Day!

John 12:48
  • "He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day."

This is when the ungodly will be overthrown.

>>>
 and increasingly the world will come under the dominion of Christians,
<<<

Increasingly the regeneration that started in Christ 2000 years ago has brought His dominion to the world, sealing thousands upon thousands. And now increasingly the anti-Christ, the degeneration of Satan, is bringing in his dominion. "Till He Come!" ...as was also prophesied!

Revelation 20:7-8
  • "And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
  • And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea."

On the contrary, increasingly the world will come under Satan's dominion and rule. "Till He Come!"

>>>
not by military aggression, 
<<<

True Christians have never thought to conquer the world by military aggression.

Isaiah 31:1
  • "Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help; and stay on horses, and trust in chariots, because they are many; and in horsemen, because they are very strong; but they look not unto the Holy One of Israel, neither seek the LORD!"

Christians know God is in control of who is and who is not coming to Christ. None will be won by military crusades. God raises up Kings and He puts them down, He saves one and does not save the other, He causes one to prosperl and another to remain poor, all to His glory.

>>>
but by godly labor, saving, in vestment, and orientation toward the future... This is where history is going.
<<<

That's not how the Kingdom is advanced. That's how carnal man is advanced. ...but it is where history is going--sadly. When we look rightly towards the future, we don't look towards a bright earthly future, but toward a eternal future in our true home, which is in heaven.

Hebrews 11:13
  • "These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth."

Sad to say, so many of the church today have forgotten or never known that they are (in fact, not theory) strangers and Pilgrims on this earth. Our Job is not to Christianize the world, but to call the chosen out of the world as Christians, unto a world everlasting.

>>>
The future belongs to the people of God, who obey His laws --David Chilton"
<<<

Well, that's the one thing I can agree with him on.

Matthew 19:17b
  • "but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments."

>>>
Perhaps many here are just to pessimistic. :(
<<<

A wise man said, "there are none so blind as those who refuse to see." This is the nature of man, because man wants his own will and way, so his heart is hardened to the point where he refuses to let truth in. In other words, it's not that it's not there, not written, not clear or not on multiple pages or books, it's that people inherently don't want to hear it. And so without God's working, they won't hear it.

There's being pessimistic, and then there's being realistic. Christians who read God speaking about the end of days and hear His Words of what will occur are not being pessimistic, they're realistic in looking forward to the consummation of all things. They're reasonable, rational, level-headed, prudent, spiritually sober, astute, sound and unsentimental. And they are bowing to the authority of the Word, over the vain prognostications of men.

Isaiah 21:6-9
  • "For thus hath the Lord said unto me, Go, set a watchman, let him declare what he seeth.
  • And he saw a chariot with a couple of horsemen, a chariot of asses, and a chariot of camels; and he hearkened diligently with much heed:
  • And he cried, A lion: My lord, I stand continually upon the watchtower in the daytime, and I am set in my ward whole nights:
  • And, behold, here cometh a chariot of men, with a couple of horsemen. And he answered and said, Babylon is fallen, is fallen; and all the graven images of her gods he hath broken unto the ground."

That which he sees, the Watchman must declare, else how is he a Watchman? And let those who will hear hear, and those who cannot. It's the divine mercy of God that decides, not the Watchman, Witness or Steward.

"nosce te ipsum"
Tony Warren

"Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. -John 18:36"
The Doctrines of Grace!

Rick Reeves

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2015, 06:19:26 AM »
if you mean by that some sort of Christianized world (as many have supposed), frankly, that is a pipe dream rather than an actual prophesied Biblical reality.

Christ has to triumpth! Here's a quote from a biblical article called "The Triumph of the Church"
by Rev. William Einwechter

It is part of a biblical defense of Postmillennialism.

"The testimony of the word of God is clear concerning the future triumph of the Lord Jesus Christ and his church. It is hard sometimes to believe that such a glorious future awaits the church. In our day, the church is beset by problems on all sides and is in a state of decline and retreat. Many teach that the best days of the church are behind us that and all that we can expect is the increase of evil and the triumph of wickedness as the age progress. But don't believe one word of it. The Scripture declares that the best days for the church lie in the future; in fact, a most glorious future awaits the followers of Christ! Some have given up, and look only for Christ to rescue them from the present mess (and failure of the church) by the rapture. But don't be like them. Faithfully serve the Lord Jesus Christ, because the victory is ours through him who loved us. The church will triumph in his name over all the enemies of truth and righteousness. Christ is at work in his church at this very hour, laying the foundation for a great resurgence of the Faith.9 We know this, not by sight, but by faith in the word of God that proclaims the triumph of the church in the world and in history".

He said it better than I could.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]