[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Is Selling Christian Books Wrong?  (Read 18366 times)

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: Is Selling Christian Books Wrong?
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2017, 03:54:59 AM »
Make not my Father's house a house of merchandise.

Isn't that a spiritual saying pertaining to the Scribes and Pharisees?

Jon Thomas

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2017, 05:49:45 AM »

I don't believe that selling Christian books is wrong, but selling the gospel through books is wrong.

Mark 11:17
"And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves."

Aren't we stealing from the Lord in selling the gospel?

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2017, 05:35:50 AM »
>>>
Aren't we stealing from the Lord in selling the gospel?
<<<

For money, Absolutely! Since it is not ours to sell, as we are stewards, administrators, caretakers, servants or attendants to what is "His." A free gift to others.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2017, 04:25:27 AM »
Catching up today on some of the old replies to my posts I see that they are not met with any legitimate response, but with foolishness. Your reply to a serious question is that I should have a V8? Come on people, you can do better than that.

I realize that this was a while ago George, but that's not all people had to say. They actually provided you with scriptures detailing the many reasons why they believe it is wrong to sell the gospel. All those posts you have ignored to concentrate on a V8. No pun intended.

No one is selling the gospel, they are selling their own works, CDs or books to try and make ends meet. As long as they are not selling something sinful, I see nothing wrong with it. A workman is worthy of his hire. 1 Timothy 5:18

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2017, 10:35:45 AM »
Quote from: George
No one is selling the gospel, they are selling their own works, CDs or books to try and make ends meet. As long as they are not selling something sinful, I see nothing wrong with it. A workman is worthy of his hire. 1 Timothy 5:18

Yes they do.  Actually, they are selling their own Gospel by taking the Scripture and twist it before write about it into books, DVD's, Twitter, YouTube, etc. as if they are selling their works for money or power of influence.  Yes this is sin!

Mat 21:12
[12]  And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

Jesus targeted the money changers that sell doves for a reason. Do you even know what the doves they are selling in the temple represent in Scripture that the false prophets use it for economic dealings with the spiritual poor?
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2017, 09:17:22 AM »
 :idonotagree: Because it's not selling the gospel, it's selling what you have worked to understand of it..

Puritan Heart

« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2017, 09:45:21 AM »
:idonotagree: Because it's not selling the gospel, it's selling what you have worked to understand of it..

George,

From reading many of your posts, I can honestly say that your above comment does not astonish me in the least !  By writing exactly as you have, you have openly confirmed that you have no need for guidance from the Holy Spirit ...  that understanding of scripture is nothing more than an intellectual, cerebral or scholarly exercise.  Your words are boldly arrogant ...

Allow me to present The Scripture to answer your delusion and vanity;

Job 32 v 8 But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

2 Timothy 2 v 7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

Psalm 119 v 144
The righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting: give me understanding, and I shall live.

Daniel 2 v 30  But as for me, this secret is not revealed to me for any wisdom that I have more than any living, but for their sakes that shall make known the interpretation to the king, and that thou mightest know the thoughts of thy heart.

There are many more.

I therefore must ask you George, how do *You* interpret the following incident where Jesus severely rebukes the *sophisticated minds* in Matthew 23 v 1 to 39, Mark 12 v 38 to 40, Luke 20 v 45 to 47.

Furthermore, how do *You* interpret the stern rebuke of Jesus;

Matthew 21 v 12 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Please do tell, what it is that you have, that which you can call *your own* that you have not received ??

Alexandra
Habakkuk 3: 17 - 19

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]