[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: The Banner of Roman Catholicism  (Read 9221 times)

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
Re: The Banner of Roman Catholicism
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2017, 05:44:11 PM »
>>>
If it's not the Christian's job to question the Catholic church, then who's job is it?
<<<

...and all God's people said,  A M E N !

I'm glad that somebody gets it. Collectively, I believe this is the major problem with God's people today. They "don't" question the church. They don't question doctrine. They don't question what the authors and leaders and ministers teach, and as a result they are like the fable of the rats who followed the Pied Piper to their deaths.

Indeed, If it's not the Christian's job to question any church, then who's job is it?

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Doug Johnson

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2017, 08:05:47 AM »
The Pope is the undisputed leader of the Roman Catholic church, which is the largest of the Christian Churches. In fact, about 70% of all Christians are Roman Catholic. Do you know the difference?

I do. Fundamentally it is this. That our church leans upon the authority of God's word for doctrine, reproof, correction and instruction in righteousness, and the Catholic church leans upon itself, the man you call pope, and your tradition. All things Christ himself warned against through his word.

Do you understand that you wouldn't even have a Bible if it was not for the Catholic church? You can thank us that you can read god's word.

Frank Mortimer

« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2017, 10:22:13 PM »
We thank God for that.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]