[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Premillennialism / Literalism?  (Read 24947 times)

Robert Powell

• "fruit of the righteous, a tree of Life" Pr 11:30
Re: Premillennialism / Literalism?
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2008, 07:37:40 AM »
Its a solid teaching with solid backing by scholarly theologians. I suggest you buy The Millennial Kingdom: A Basic Text in Premillennial Theology by John Walvoord.

Wouldn't it be better to 'buy' the true gospel of Christ rather than the teachings of men (scholarly theologians)?

Raybob

Eze 23:23 The Babylonians, and all the Chaldeans, Pekod, and Shoa, and Koa, and all the Assyrians with them: all of them desirable young men, captains and rulers, great lords and renowned, all of them riding upon horses.
 24 And they shall come against thee with chariots, wagons, and wheels, and with an assembly of people, which shall set against thee buckler and shield and helmet round about: and I will set judgment before them, and they shall judge thee according to their judgments.
 25 And I will set my jealousy against thee, and they shall deal furiously with thee: they shall take away thy nose and thine ears; and thy remnant shall fall by the sword: they shall take thy sons and thy daughters; and thy residue shall be devoured by the fire.

Men of renowned. God uses them as judgment against his people. These men destroy, rather than build up the house of God.

Mt 23:5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,
 6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,
 7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.
 8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

Lets face it, Premillennialism is a "DEAD" but popular theology, a lie of the devil that so-called learned theologians preach from their own minds. But the truth is preached from the scrtiptures. And it says the Kingdom of God comes not with observation. My My, how do these learned Theologians get around that?

Dwight

• That we keep his commandments 1 John 5:3
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2009, 10:16:42 AM »

Hebrews 8
1   Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;
2   A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

You are mixing up the earthly with the spiritual.

Bradley

Ok, but how is that sanctuary destroyed, as required by the prophecy of Daniel 9? A-HAH!

Didn't you hear what he said? You are mixing up the earthly with the spiritual. The sanctuary was destroyed at the cross, as required by Daniel 9. But if you don't believe us, at least believe Christ.

"Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?  But he spake of the temple of his body". -John 2:19-21

Are you as blind as the Bible says these Jewish people were to these spiritual truths? They did destroy the temple and it was raised up in 3 days. was it not? As God defines it, not as Premillennialism defines it.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • Psalms 52:8
« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2017, 06:08:01 AM »
You have to understand that most of those here are one sided and prejudiced against Premillenialism,

Now what would you expect to see here - you wouldn't go to a Catholic web site to learn about the Assembly of Gods beliefs

Correct. And we're against Premillennialism for good reason. It's unbiblical, against the teachings of Christ and it makes God's word virtually invalid. My philosophy is that any eschatology that is not the true eschatology is false eschatology.

"Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. 1 Corinthians 15:50"

Doesn't this prove that the promised Kingdom of God is spiritual, not of this earth, not in the middle east, not as the Premllennialists teach.

Beechwood

• Fishers of Men
« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2017, 08:27:17 AM »

"Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. 1 Corinthians 15:50"

Doesn't this prove that the promised Kingdom of God is spiritual, not of this earth, not in the middle east, not as the Premllennialists teach.

:BibleRead: Yes it does. The kingdom is not as they imagine. It's so much more than propping up a physical nation, it's reigning in a spiritual nation and ruling in a spiritual kingdom.

Daniel 6:26
"I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel: for he is the living God, and stedfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end.'

A kingdom that cannot be destroyed is not national Israel, physical Jerusalem or that which was destroyed in 70 a.d.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • Psalms 52:8
« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2017, 09:52:02 AM »
Agree Beechwood,
  The whole Physical, literal kingdom thing has always puzzled me since I don't understand how anyone can deny the Spiritual nature of Christ's kingdom prophesy.

"The allegation that Christ is seated on the Father's throne reigning over a spiritual kingdom, the church, simply does not fulfill the promises of the covenant ... A literal, earthly kingdom must be constituted..." - Pentecost (quoted by Miller, p. 98).

How is it possible to believe this considering all Christ and the Apostles taught?

Laura Tomlinson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2017, 04:49:25 PM »

Here's a good article I read called The Myth of Consistent Literalism.

http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/eschatology/conliteral.html

Walt Lee

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2017, 08:48:29 AM »
I use to be Premillennial in eschatology. Over time I saw that it was inconsistent and way too much speculation. But it took a long time. Maybe a little patience is in order.

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2017, 09:09:23 AM »
>>>
I use to be Premillennial in eschatology.
<<<

So did I. I've been there so I know its deceit.

>>>
Over time I saw that it was inconsistent and way too much speculation. But it took a long time.
<<<

As with me, it took only until God was ready to open your eyes and enlighten you to the truth. Man does not come to abandon his obstinate heart and finally accept the truth through tiring on the constant witness and  a mind set on eventually finding truth, but in site of his obstinate heart through the work of the Spirit breaking through our stubborness. We witness, God convicts. And my witness is that Premillennialism is a cancer, growing and eating away at the body while the Physicians between naps wax poetic about the benefits of company, strangers, styroking and rest.

Jeremiah 8:22
  • "Is there no balm in Gilead; is there no physician there? why then is not the health of the daughter of my people recovered?"

Is there no balsam to be applied to the wounds of God's people, or is it just that it might sting a little and therefore deemed not worth the effort for recovery?

>>>
Maybe a little patience is in order.
<<<

Perhaps. Or maybe patience is why it has grown from a little sprout, to a choking vine that is generally allowed to go unchallenged because of some misplaced sense of cordiality and comradery--while it goes about strangling the good plants of the garden.  :S_Confused:

So, is the word really patience, or is it actually neglect or unwise accommodation? To hear some theologians, you would think Premillennialism was a beloved brother with the sniffles, rather than Judaism remastered, an entirely contrary doctrine of the reign, rule and kingdom of Christ.

I guess you can tell, I tend not to coddle false doctrines of earthly kngdoms, fables, reigns and rules and the standard delusions of grandeur in golden age or pie-in-the-sky prophesies. But that's just me.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2017, 10:03:33 AM »
>>>
I use to be Premillennial in eschatology.
<<<

So did I. I've been there so I know its deceit.

:ditto:   :Goodpoint:

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]