[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: The 'Unite the Right' Rally in Virginia  (Read 431 times)

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • Psalms 52:8
Re: The 'Unite the Right' Rally in Virginia
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2017, 05:14:19 PM »
I have no axe to grind. But I'm not going to say he's right just because I'm conservative and Republican. I won't do that.

Really. I'd like to see that. Name me one thing Trump said that you think is right.

Sure. I agree with his statement about taking down statues.

:iagree: An honest question deserves an honest answer, and a honest Christian gives it.  ]ThUmBsUp[ ]ThUmBsUp[

aquatic

« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2017, 07:21:31 AM »
Lieberman,

Lots of words, but yet to show any proof I'm a racist.

No one needs a dictionary to define racist. Its discrimination against someone based solely on their race. Something they're born with. Totally out of their control.

Now, show me where I've said anything racist.

Stop bearing false witness against me.

Big Ben

• Always Running The race
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2017, 06:55:15 PM »
My prayers go out to that poor girl's family, not to find liberals behind the event or in condemning those who report what happened.

My prayers go out to her family as well, especially her mother who is understandably bitter. I ask that other Christians pray for the family recovery and healing as well. And also pray for the President that he might find wisdom somehow.

Reformer said it best, you shoot your own self in the foot, and then you cry foul and play the victim card when someone responds to your insensitive and callous posts to a wounded brother.  As far as Nazi having rights. Nazi don't have any rights as far "as I'm concerned."
:amen:

They should all be in prison for instigating a riot. If I can't scream fire in a crowded theater without being arrested, they shouldn't be allowed to scream their murderous and hateful messages in crowds either. Freedom of speech only goes so far, and you know that.

Again,  :amen:

If you were really for freedom of speech, you would agree with me that Tyrants, Dictators and Fascists always attack and attempt to silence, burn down, or discredit the free press like Trump does so they can do their evil in secret. All educated people know that. Talk about facts, history shows that is 100% true.

Again and again,  :amen: and  :amen:

So while I know you are attempting to distract from the fact you verbally attacked Lieberman first by calling his post propaganda without being able to defend your comments, I don't think I'm a member of any bandwagon. Just a Christian taking sides against tyranny, racism, insensitivity and organized distortion of facts. Democrat or Republican, it makes no difference to me. They're all criminal as far as I'm concerned. Lawbreakers. Disobedient to God's laws, so I don't support or believe either side. I judge solely by the facts. Not selective facts like Alexander, but the facts on both sides.

You're on a roll!   :Goodpoint:

When you're right, I'll say you're right. When I think you're wrong, I'll say that as well. When Trump is right, I'll say that too. I have no axe to grind. But I'm not going to say he's right just because I'm conservative and Republican. I won't do that.

May God give us all the strength and honesty to do that. I know it's a difficult time, with a difficult leader, but we all need to stick together as God fearing Christians, and as they say, do the right thing. This is the time for that

Eccl. 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
 2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
 3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
 4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
 5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
 6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
 7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
 8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
 9 What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?
 10 I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.

Russell Lloyd

• Always Learning
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2017, 02:40:08 AM »
That's what we are seeing now. Freedom of speech is being denied. Now, I understand this is Tony's website and he can ban anyone he wants for whatever reason.

Wait! Hold On. Did I miss something? Did Tony ban someone because they had a different point of view? Is that factual or is that just propaganda and fake News?  Tony?

You know what I've learned here? Tony Warren has something that aquatic doesn't seem to have. Spirit filled patience with those who hold opposing views and an understanding that partisan politics is not a prerequisite for righteousness or Christianity.

Puritan Heart

« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2017, 05:18:54 AM »
Greetings all,

If you have not yet read this article, I encourage you wholewheartedly to prayerfully do so. 

http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/apologetics/can_christians_rebel_against_government.shtml

A quote.

Psalms 75:6-7
"For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south.
But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another."

Again the clear declaration that no one is elevated to a governing office or ruling influence among men except God places him in that position. Yet in our day the contempt and disdain for governments, its leaders, the office of President and almost any ruling authority (good or bad) has risen to epidemic proportions. As a result there is so much more confusion about proper Christian behavior concerning the propriety of submission to governments in general. All over the world, rebellion against governments is rampant, driven by the spirit of disobedience and revolt that is so prevalent in this era of misplaced liberty, narcissism and quick information. Often hidden under the guise of a Christian's personal rights, freedom of speech, liberty from taxes or right to independent thought, many professing Christians are systematically ranting against and tearing down governments, laws and institutions in a non-ending march toward degradation and anarchy. Many often tend to forget that God is sovereign and that governments rule for a reason, even wicked ones (Daniel 2:21; 5:18). Should God's people have worked to overthrow that evil government recorded in the book of Daniel, which would have obviously been against the will of God? No, the righteous thing to do was to place themselves in subjection to the rulers with the knowledge that God is in full control and has ordained them? Likewise, the evil ruler Pharaoh was raised up by God specifically for His own sovereign purposes, which none of God's people knew at the time. Most certainly his power and reign over Egypt was all of God's doing.

Exodus 9:16 "And in very deed for this cause have I raised thee up, for to shew in thee my power; and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth."

Indeed ... the whole world is watching ...

Tony, as I have said before and say again, I Thank God for your gift of unrelented leaning, total reliance upon and boldness in speaking forth the unadulterated truth of His written Word.  May the *rod* of His correction, for all time in this life, be our guide and our comfort, until He calls us home.

Psalm 23 v 4; Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Alexandra

PS; if I were to quote everything I personally consider seriously important in this article, I should surely have posted the article in entirety.  Please do read it.

Habakkuk 3: 17 - 19

aquatic

« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2017, 06:05:02 AM »
Russell... please don't bear false witness against me.

I don't believe politics have anything to do with being righteous.  If you accuse me if something then prove it.

Nikki

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2017, 05:13:31 PM »
Greetings all,

If you have not yet read this article, I encourage you wholewheartedly to prayerfully do so. 

http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/apologetics/can_christians_rebel_against_government.shtml

I agree Puritan. I love this article. I only wish I would have heard things like this brought up when Obama was in office, and when all the Internet was abuzz about Him being the Antichrist, Babykiller, how bad a person he was, How he lies, how he wasn't even American, how he was responsible for Isis,  and on and on and on. Didn't hear any of you post that article, or anything like it, at that time saying don't criticize the President as he was roasted. And yet throughout it all, he had the decency to stand in front of those blood thirsty reporters and actually attempt to answer the questions and criticisms.

But now it's suddenly, "Don't question or criticize the President? " WOW!  What's wrong with this picture? At least Tony Warren is consistent and doesn't deal in hypocrisy. This is not a criticism of you, just a observation of how there is a double standard.

Nikki

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2017, 05:25:52 PM »
And Obama was by far the most satanic man who ever sat in the Whitehouse.

Why wasn't this article about respecting the President posted when this character bashed the President? That's why I call it hypocrisy. Because it all depends on whose ox is being gored.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]