[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: How to Confess Your Sins to Others  (Read 323 times)

George

• I'm a llama!
Re: How to Confess Your Sins to Others
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2017, 08:28:03 AM »
She's not a member of the Catholic church and so she doesn't have to confess her sins to you one by one as if you were hearing her confession. She asked forgivene3ss, you forgive her. Simple as that.

Luke 17:4
"And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him".

Why are you looking for ways to not forgive her?

:Goodpoint: Very good scripture and a very good point Yaboo. The bible doesn't talk about a proper way of how to confess your sins to others, it simply says confess them and the Christian is to forgive you. Erik seems not to have the spirit of forgiveness for sins, but one of condemnation of others.

[Darby's Translation] (Matthew 6:12)
"and forgive us our debts, as we also forgive our debtors."

Some Reformed debters choose not to forgive as they have been forgiven, and they shall not be forgiven for long.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2017, 01:45:15 PM »
Here is her latest text over the weekend after the originals I posted earlier. This was after I asked her if she has recent from being pastor: 

"I don't have regrets and I am proud to be a woman pastor. It is not an issue that is essential to the faith.  If I am a pastor, that does not keep me from going to heaven. You can't rebuke me."

To me, this is an odd attitude, especially coming from someone who claim to be "pastor."

The way she approaches with me, she came with spirit of pride and defiant.  She knew my position on women pastors, yet she demands me to apology to her.  She has not repent for being a pastor. She claimed that "God has told her to become a pastor" which, of course, does not agree with God's Written Word. 
My father then got involved. Instead of saying his wife is sinning against God in taking on a leadership role in a congregational setting, he took up with his wife because his beliefs agrees with his wife. Then demand me to apology to her.  Okay, tell me what should I do? Apology for hurting her feeling about or stand firm by my testimony based on Scripture?

But the reason why I post this here is to ask what qualifies for someone to confess their sin in James 5:16? Do they need to knowledge their sin and repent from it? Or demand someone to forgive them regardless even if they continue in same sin under the banner "I am not prefect nor holy."   Would that be something we ask God to forgive us like this and STILL defiantly continue to sin?
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Herman Stowe

• SBC
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2017, 03:15:40 PM »
No, you don't have any reason to apologize to her for telling her the truth. But you should forgive her her sin against you if she asked you to because scripture says you should. Her sin of being a pastor is against God, not you. These are two different things. Also, I'm not sure you can rebuke her if you are not an elder in her church. Let me ask you, would you rebuke a Jewish person about going to a synagogue? It's the same principle I think because they both belong to false churches. I know I wouldn't go to a Catholic's house and tell them they are false prophets. That's just not our job. On the other hand, if they asked me questions about the church, the bible or doctrine, then I will gladly witness to them, but I'm not going to go where they live to tell them they are living in sin and should apologize to me. That's your father and her house, it's not your house. I would just shake the dust off my shoes of one who won't listen to the Bible, not condemn them. I leave that up to God.

Matthew 7:6 "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you."

Revelation 22:15 "For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie."

Matthew 10:14
"And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet."

Curtis

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2017, 03:31:43 PM »
 :idonotagree:  I agree it's his father's house and therefore it's not his right, nor proper for him to go in there looking to correct them as if it were a church, but I think he has the perfect right to condemn the practice of a woman being a pastor in a church. It's just the wrong setting to do so because that's his wife and his father's home together. Rebuke her in the church, not in her home. If he won't go to her church, or he rejects her church as God fearing church, then maybe he has no right as her Christian brother to rebuke her.

He is within his right to rebuke the sin of a woman pastor, just not going into her home to condemn her and then seeking an apology for her sin against God for doing so. If they are married, they are one, and it is one house.

Susan

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2017, 10:16:12 AM »
 :iagree: There's a time and a place for everything. I would take a different tact. Like asking her how she explains the verses which say that a woman is not to be pastor or rule in the church over men.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2017, 11:27:17 AM »
I agree it's his father's house and therefore it's not his right, nor proper for him to go in there looking to correct them as if it were a church,

No, I did not.  SHE brought it up while I was staying. I simple show her the Scripture that prohibits women pastor. She got emotional and anger.

I think he has the perfect right to condemn the practice of a woman being pastor in a church.

Of course I do.

[size=0px]It's just the wrong setting to do so because that's his wife and his father's home together. [/size]

Not really. Scripture is not limited to the church building, but wherever witnesses are gathered together.  Like I explained earlier, when I asked my father directly why did he had US to watch watching ungodly television shows together one evening.  Before he could response, his wife, already distressed about woman pastor the other night, jumped in and screamed "who do you think you are to judge how we want to watch show."  And I asked her, "is that how you act as a "pastor?" which you should know by now that watching this garbage does not glorify God, don't you?" Then everything went downhill from there. My father knew what I said was true, but he had to appease her and appears to me that he become passive into her demands and authority as "pastor" in the house.

Rebuke her in the church, not in her home.

Again, I disagree. I can rebuke her anytime when she brought it up. We are to witness the Truth. For example, she said that she believe in speaking in tongues and physical healing, modified her closet into "war room" and took pictures to show off on facebook, or said that my wife is no longer my wife in God's eyes, because she filed for divorce, etc.  I had to testify against those false doctrines, especially for the sake of my father, since he is under her influence. Spiritual warfare is not limited to the church, but to the household.

If he won't go to her church, or he rejects her church as God fearing church, then maybe he has no right as her Christian brother to rebuke her.

She is a professed believer and she is part of the congregation of God. Yes I do believe I can rebuke her whenever necessarily. Only if she brought it up. I had several meetings with father alone to discuss our roles as head of the house, the spiritual condition of church, and how Satan is causing destruction, not only upon the church, but families.  Just because I have not visited to her Spanish speaking church does not mean I need to remain quiet if she share with us with her doctrine anywhere.

[size=0px]then seeking an apology for her sin against God for doing so. [/size]

I did not.  I explained that she CAME TO ME to apology but with spirit of pride and defiant.  And I did ask her for clarification on WHY and WHAT she wanted to apologized to me about, which she refused. She just said that she is "not prefect or holy" and that she is proud to be pastor that I need to accept it and forgive her regardless.  I was not sure which is why I posted a thread here about what is really qualified as confession of sin in James 5:16. So far, I got mixed opinions that I do not think may be biblical correct. 
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2017, 11:38:12 AM »
Like asking her how she explains the verses which say that a woman is not to be pastor or rule in the church over men.

I did.. many times. She refused. She did not even show me a single verse that she believe justifies her position as pastor.  None!  She just made some emotional rants and made strange claims like God has called her to be pastor through prayer, got BA decree in theology, etc.  which I suggested that she need to try the spirits to see if her claims is supported by the written words of God. 

1Jn 4:1
[1]  Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Well, of course, she don't like this and made accusations that I am insensitive, unloving, judgmental. She insisted that she is saved and she will go to heaven as pastor.  Well, what do you expect from a unrepentant female pastor? Sadly, my father could not stand up for biblical truth but appeased his third wife because he saw "blessings" coming into his house as result of her pastorship, and of course, money flow from church. It sure does feel like dealing with mini Joyce Meyers if you were in my shoes!  ???     

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]