[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Poll: Should This Forum Ban Political Talk and Stick to the Gospel?  (Read 1390 times)

Sojourner

• I'm a llama!
Re: Poll: Should This Forum Ban Political Talk and Stick to the Gospel?
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 03:54:27 PM »
>>>No, I  think People Have the Right to Talk about What they Want

No, not in this forum. It's not a right, it's a privilege. Abuse that privilege and our hosts have the "right" to shut you down. From what I read, all those suspended abused their privilege to post here, not to mention disrespected the authority of the moderator. But don't cry for these few lost, rejoice for the many who won't have their ears polluted. I'm sure they'll have no problem at all finding other left wing, and right wing forums that pander to that kind of unchristian bias, vitriol and speech.

I Thess. 5:21-22
"Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Abstain from all appearance of evil".

We are to abstain from all appearance of evil. That means not only from evil itself, but we are to withdraw even from that which seems to be evil. When you are so prideful that you have to have the last word, the crowning bow, the final rejoinder, then you are obviously out of control and out of touch with the humble spirit of Christ. You need correction.

And that's my two cents.

Joanne

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2017, 02:45:29 AM »
I liked having to be able to discus all issues. It's a shame that a few nuckleheads spoil it for the many.

]ThUmBsUp[  ]ThUmBsUp[  ]ThUmBsUp[  ]ThUmBsUp[  ]ThUmBsUp[ Isn't that the way it always is?

A couple of people don't want prayer in schools, and they spoil it for everyone else. A couple conservatives are racists and they make every conservative look racist.  A couple people don't want Christmas scenes about Christ in town and they ruin it for everyone else. A couple of people don't like your fence, and so you have to ask permission from a Homeowners association to put one up "they like" on your own property.  No matter what you do, you will always have the few who think their opinion is god's, and spoil the freedoms of the many.

Dryfus

• Nothing without Proof
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2017, 03:45:44 AM »

Ain't that the truth!   :typing:
The whole world is a Stage

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]